Scent Of First Love

Scent Of First Love

A Poem by Giulia King

The rain started to drizzle.
Meanwhile she waits, with her heavy heart in her hands.
Wondering if he'll shatter it in to a million pieces or place it gently in his chest. 
She tells herself, being broken can lead to something magical.
She takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and goes back to her first scent of love. 
She can't help but smile sweetly at memories of them dancing beneath the moonlight. 
When all their troubles went away like a blow in the wind. 
And the galaxies in her eyes were far more beautiful than the stars in the night sky. 
She opens her eyes and sees him.  


© 2017 Giulia King


Author's Note

Giulia King
Something short and simple. I really want to make this piece longer. Let me know what you think.



My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's beautiful. I like how there's a nice blend of love, tenderness, shyness, and wonder throughout. The line that stuck out to me most was "being broken can lead to something magical" ... it feels like she's expecting the worse but trying to be positive about it.
Regarding your author's note: I think this piece just needs one more line to feel complete, something to tie everything together, perhaps something that relates to the title. I'm sure you'll think of something good.
Thanks for sharing.

- William Liston

Posted 6 Years Ago


"first scent of love.
She can't help but smile sweetly at memories of them dancing beneath the moonlight."

Gorgeous with so many lovely lines. Enjoyed....:)...............

Posted 6 Years Ago


Beautiful work of intimacy and togetherness.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This was such a sweet lovely writing, I love the true feelings and the real emotions behind these words.

Well wrote :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow this was a very sweet and touching piece! Wonderfully written, I quite enjoyed it :) thank you for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Soft and tender led readers to deep thoughts and real emotion. First love. Always with us and never forgotten. Thank you dear Gullia for sharing your amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


"being broken can lead to something magical" i soo love this line xD its sooo cute and deep at the same time.
This is literally me when ever i like someone !!
I love it

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Hi
To me it could be a continuation should you write further; an examination into what the reality was after the eyes opened. The writing to me patterns a continuation somewhere between a heart shattering and first love. You could also go to the extremes in one direction or the other (completing shattered) or (complete bliss).

Posted 6 Years Ago


i think alluring is a good word to describe this and your writes. when we open our hearts we become vulnerable but that is where the best is (as you mention with 'memories'). we protect and remember. we mend the pieces of a broken heart and love again because we long for that feeling of being in love. sometimes it finds us, perhaps even when least expected. beautiful pic. can see the romantic interlude taking place there.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is truly awesome to read..wonderful beautifully penned

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1065 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2017
Last Updated on May 29, 2017

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..