Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

 I wake  up to a binding light and aching bones. I try to pull myself up, but don't budge. My arms and legs are sprawled out, chained to metal cuffs. I groan. I hate being in the same spot for so long.  I look down at myself and find that I'm no longer wearing the clothes I was wearing before, instead a white tank top, a leather jacket, black jeans, and boots.

    I look around. I'm in some kind of dungeon. There are tools, papers, and a TV. My heart beats faster. I yank as hard as I can, but the only result I get is unbearable pain. I give up.

    That's when the cuffs snap open. I pull my arms and legs close to my body, relieved. When my muscles start to relax, I get up.

The thing that brings my curiosity is that there is no exit, no door at all.

 As I step towards the TV, a little projector falls from the ceiling. I jump back and inspect it.

When I feel like it's safe, I pick it up and press the button installed on the side.

    A hologram appears. There's a man with grayish white hair, green eyes, long nose, and an evil smile. You could tell that he was in his 40s or 50s because of the small lines that are set deeply in the corners of his eyes and mouth.

 He wears a lab coat and huge glasses.

"Hello Justice" he says, his voice clear and smooth.  

"How do you know my name" my voice, hoarse.

  He laughs. Unlike his voice, it's strong and deep.

 "Let's just say that I've watched you. Your brother Alex was hear 3 hours ago asking the same question"

The sound of Alex's name made my heart skip. But also filled it with anger.

"Where did you bring him? Where is he?"

     His smile began to widen in a way I found evil and disgusting. I wish I could just tape his mouth shut forever so I could never see it again.

  "He's in my Death Game"

 My eyes widen. Death Game? He must of saw my expression because he laughed again.

 "I'm a scientist. More like an evil genius. For years I've been wanting to create something so big and dangerous using all the knowledge and technology that I have stored. The Death Game. I take people and bring them here. Some people can survive... not that anyone has. I'm just waiting for the perfect person survive this game, and that may be you or your brother. Only one way to find out. Step through the door when your ready. And.......... good luck. Your really gonna need it." he laughs and his hologram disappears.

   I fall to my knees. Alex is in there somewhere battling or about to face his death. He's probably already dead. No, don't think that. But if I go in there, there's a possibility I'll die and never find him again.

 I'm gonna find Alex and bring him back home...... I promise

   The words I told mom. I promised. And I keep my promises. I get up and head towards the door. Then I stop short.

 I have no idea about the things that lie ahead of me. I can't go there unprepared and unharmed, if it's like that, I'm easy bait. I turn back and scan the room.

    I end up finding a shoulder back bag. I've found 3 rifles fully loaded, 2 daggers, an empty notebook with a pen, and a device with different tools inside. I also found 3 water bottles and 4 apples. Lucky me. I finally find a flashlight and a small medical kit.

Once I'm done, I shoulder the bag, take the projector, and walk towards the door.

  I squeeze the projector. I'll find him mom. I will find him. I promise.

 

 

 

   



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
I did a chapter for just one scene. Most of my chapetrs ahead will be short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014