Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

 I sit down  in my seat, in front of the public bus. I lay my head on the cool, glass window. I stare at the somber scenes of the city. My city. I lower my eyes, unable to bear the site. The city seems as if it has no existence.

  All hear are my uneven breaths  and the roaring engine of the bus. I just got out of school, and I'm terribly anxious to get into the safety of my home. Since the disappearances, mom to me to come home early. My older brother, Alex takes rides from his friends.

    I yawn in exhaustion. Soon darkness settles over me.

 

 I wake up to a bump. I look outside and sigh in relief. We're only one block away from my stop. I put on my coat and grab my bag.

  When I stop outside, a cold gust hits my face. I rush home and close the door behind me.

Mom stands in the kitchen, making some cake. Her black hair follows her movements. She turns, her dull gray eyes full of relief.

  "Thank god. How was school?" she asks with a warm smile.

 I shrug and throw myself on the couch.

"Where's Alex?" I ask.

"He's hasn't come home yet"

  I nod, and head upstairs. I change into a green sweater with matching sweatpants.I grab my phone and apply my ear buds.

 

  I wake up with a violent shake. My mother's face hovers over me, her face full with fear.

   "Mom... what's wrong?" I reach out for her, but she pulls away and starts pacing.

  "Alex hasn't come"

    I check the time: 6:08 p.m. Alex should've came two hours ago. I started to feel panic myself. Mom sat on my couch and sobbed into her hands.

"He's gone!......."

"No, he's not" he probably was, but I wouldn't allow myself or mom to believe it. I grabbed my coat.

"Where are you going?" my mother asked looking at me with swollen eyes.

  "I'm going to find Alex" I headed for the door.

  "No Justice...... you can't leave! I can't lose you too!"

    I turned to her,"Mom.... your never going to lose me okay. I'm going to find Alex and bring him home.... I promise." Without hesitation, I opened the door, headed downstairs, put on my shoes, and headed out.

 

    Streets were dark, and mysteriously quiet. I grabbed the collar of my coat and pressed it against my cheek, looking for any warmth from it. I kept myself alert, my eyes darting from one anonymous corner to another.

 My breath is shaky along with my body. I'll head for Jake's house, Alex's best friend.

   But my luck faded when I crossed an alley. Somebody grabbed me. They put a gag in my mouth, blind folded me, and tied my hands and legs. I could feel prickling tears run down my cheek as a person pins me face down on the floor, knocking the air out of me. Then the world goes black.



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
This is just the beginning. I figured that some people would be confused if I just jumped into the story like that so......

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on March 8, 2014
Last Updated on March 8, 2014
Tags: Death Game, Alex, Justice





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5