Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

"I want my mommy" I hear a tiny voice from behind me say. I flutter my eyes open. After walking an hour or so. We've decided to rest, and pick up in the morning. I found a place in a corner in an abandoned building and huddle myself there, but gave Hunter my jacket so he could cover Niki. Now the jacket is next to her. As soon as I got comfortable, I was knocked out. Now it's sunny and I can hear Hunter having a conversation.

"We'll get to your mommy  soon" I hear Hunter's voice, almost a whisper. I flip myself  to see Niki and Hunter, sitting across from each other, legs crossed, looking at me. I actually see Niki's eyes for the first time, a beautiful shade of green, wide with fear.

"Good morning" nods in my  direction 

"Good morning" I get up, fix my hair, and walk over. But as I make my approach, Niki's scrambles away, and into Hunter's arms. I stop and look at Hunter. He shrugs and clutches the kid. So I kneel where I am.

"I'm not going to hurt you Niki"

"How do you know my name" she eyes me

"Hunter told me he rescued you"

 She looked at Hunter for some kind of approval, and he nodded. She emerged from his arms, but stayed near. I didn't know the cause of her fear, and simply didn't care either. I never had a younger sibling so I go back to the corner pick my bag, only to find it missing. My heart thumps against my chest expecting Hunter to laugh, pointing a gun at me, but when I turn around, he's in the same spot, no reaction on his face. I place my hands on my hips.

"Where's my bag?"

"Niki was hungry, so I gave her an apple and a drink of water. I put your bag in the other corner" he said pointing to the back left. I eye him and go get it. When I do find it, and check it, I look at him.

"Where's the other gun?"

"I took one" when he saw my eyebrows knitted together, he continued," What, you on't trust me after all we've been through?" A tease.

"Fine, but I'm warning you..... any threat and I'm going to have to kill you...regardless of the girl's presence when it happens"

 Niki presses presses herself closer to Hunter. I guess she does have a reason to fear me now. I can't help  but be protective of our supplies and our only source of survival right now. Our supplies, I laugh, it's just weird how just because of our time together(which wasn't that long), I  consider my stuff their as well. Not so much Niki's but......

There's a shout outside. A female. Calling out our names. I exchange a look of confusion with Hunter. He gives me a shrug and rises to his feet with Niki. I jerk my head back to warn them to go to the back of the room. I would rather exchange my place with with Hunter, but Niki won't come near me, and she need to be safe.(And I wans't going to be the reason a child died). I go through my bag for  my knife, and stalk to the entrance,which is a door-less opening. I peek my head out and catch a figure. I study it closely and gasp at what I see. I pop my head right in and breathe hard. Hunter arches a brow and I shake my head, not only in response, but to get the image out of my head. How....... Just I press  myself off the wall to join them, something comes in. Once I see it, I let out an ear piercing scream. I stare at the faceless women. he had blonde hair, a smile, ears, and a white sundress ,exposing her tanned shoulders and legs. I  didn't;t know what she was looking at because of the lack of no eyes.

"Hello" she said, her voice pure and rich. We stayed silent, watching her.

I jumped when she let out a laugh.

"This always happens, unfortunately. My name is Flora, as you can see, I don't have a face, but mostly eyes. I am one of  many creations of the magnificent Dr. Cambell. I shall escort you to have a stay  in our mansion for the day before youn  go on your crucial journey."

 I blink. His name is Dr. Cambell, and he created this.  This thing that wants to take care of us.( He could of at least created some eyes)It's a trick right before my eyes. But her smile, as freaky as face can be, sparks with  truth and warmth, and I believe it. Maybe she will help us. I turn to Hunter and his blue eyes stare at me. I give him a look and he nods. I guess giving him approval for something is a thing now.

"Thank you. Sorry for freaking out, but you really can't blame us for your peculiar appearance" says Hunter. She laughs again.

"Of course, I understand. It's not the first time, and it sure won't be the last. Come, we must get going" she says turning and walking away. I give Hunter another look following.



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
Sorry I haven't updated in so long!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014