Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

  I didn't think as I press myself off the bark and face whatever stands there. I keep my own gun in my trembling hands. I don't expect to shoot anything, but for my life, I have no choice.

  I almost release a sigh of relief as I see the muscular back of a man. He has short, black,fluffy hair. He wears a blue T- shirt and some black pants. I step towards him, the barrel of the gun touches where I hope is the location of his heart. I see him tense, but he doesn't move.

"Place your hands behind your head..... slowly" I say carefully and quietly.

  He does so a little too quickly, but I don't remark.

"Now I'm going to step back, and you will turn around..... in the same position. One mistake and I will shoot you."

  I didn't know what I was doing or if I had any intentions on actually killing him. I just did what I saw on the TV. When he faces me, I see him. He's young, about 17 or 18, firm jaw, dark blue eyes, and muscular. He aslos let's out a sigh.

"Identify yourself"

"Hunter Wilson" his voice was deep and smooth.

"Weapons?" 

"No"

"Sure?"

"You want to check? I'm still processing on how you got all that." he said cocking his head to my gun and bag.

"How did you get here?"

"Walking down a street, got pulled into an alley, got tied, and woke up in a dungeon. Some a*****e told me that I was in some kind of Death Game from a hologram, got sent here through a door. Since I've been walking, hungry and thirsty, trying to make sense of this s**t."

  I nodded in understatement. I go through my bag and hand him my quarter filled water bottle, tossing an apple along with it.

"How did you get this?" he asks.

"The dungeon. I got all of this from the dungeon. Figured that I needed to be armed and with food. I also got a medical kit."

  He looked at me in surprise"Smart". I shrugged, modesty was my thing so I didn't acknowledge the credit he gave me. He drank the whole water bottle in about 3 or 4 gulps and the applein 5 bites. He throws the apple away, but before he throws the water bottle away I extend my   hand for it.

"What are you going to use it for?"

"Refills, duh. I got 3 water bottles, and I need to make sure I don't run out"

 He nods and tosses it back to me. I put it back in my bag. Once I'm done I stare at him and he stares back. Everything falls silent.

"So are you going to keep the gun trailed on me and stare or introduce yourself?"

 I could feel myself as I put the gun in my back pocket. I really don't know why I trusted him after a couple of minuets. I face him.

"I'm Justice Prior, 16 and a half. My brother went missing yesterday, so I set out to find him. The rest is just like your story."

"You know where he is?"

"Nope. Stupid b*****d told me that he was in here somewhere though"

 He rubs nods and rubs his chin."Mind if I join?"

  I consider it. Being with someone is better than going solo, and I'm the one armed. Any attacks that may take place will be better face with him, especially with his muscles.

"Okay... but don't get any ideas"

He lets out a smooth laugh,"I'm not that kind of guy"

 I pick up my bag and start to walk.

 

  We've been walking non-stop through the tiresome jungle. I stop when I hear some movement in the trees. I signal Hunter to do the same. I narrow my eyes at the spot.

"It's an Adder"

"A what?"

"An Adder, a poisonous snake from Europe" he moves forward.

His blue eyes studies the snake. I admire his eyes before looking up too. It has a brown scaled body with a peculiar black zig zag on it's back. Once it's small narrowed eyes spot us, it's slowly make it's way down the tree trunk. I take a step back, causing me to stumble.

"Don't worry, it might have a highly developed poison injector, but it doesn't attack unless you try to cause it harm. So stay still, and walk around it." he slowly straightened himself and walk around the serpent. He kept himself composed and quiet. When he was 3 or 4 feet away, he turned to me.

"Now you do it... carefully"

  I gulped. I wanted to make it to the other side so much, but my feet stayed glue to the ground. I looked at Hunter, his eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed together, jaw firmly set. I looked at him, finding some kind of confidence.

"I-I can't"

"Come on, you can do it. If you want to find your brother, this is the only chance"

The mention of Alex gives more confidence. I was here for him. He was counting on me.I take a deep breath and start to walk around. I almost screamed when I saw it moving towards me, but I just kept on going. I reach where Hunter was, I looked at him. He smirked.

"What?" I say defensively.

"See, that wasn't so hard?"

"Shut up" I snapped and walked pass him.



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
I wanted to add a litttle humor at the end, but I wanted to know what you think. Message me or write a review if I am good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014