Chapter 6: Part 2

Chapter 6: Part 2

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

It was a dark night and the city streets we were walking on were surrounded by peculiar silence. I kept my pace every time Hunter began to go fast. I haven't said anything since Hunter gave me that speech. Now, I touch the spots on my wrists that were once covered by his warm hands.

 After twenty minutes, Hunter halted. I stopped and looked around.

"Do you hear that?" he says in almost a whisper.

   When I concentrated, I pick up wailing in the distance. Hunter took off in the direction of it. He stopped at an alley. He signaled to me to stay as he went in.

 I scanned the area. I leaned against of the brick wall. I stared at the luminous moon. I could remember me, mom, dad, and Alex sitting down on our checkered blanket. Dad showed me the stars that he named. He pointed to the moon and said that was mom, the fat big mom. My mom, of course shot him a teasing look and we all cracked up. Then he showed me the three shining stars above the moon, that were us. Always shining he used to say But always moving I replied back. I'm could feel the tears trickling down and I quickly wiped them away.

Hunter came back with a small body in hand.

"It's a little girl....... she was the one crying. As soon as calmed her and picked her up, she fainted. She told me her name was Niki."

  I moved closer and some silky black hair out of the way to reveal her face. She was beautiful. She had small eyelids, cute elf ears,  a small perky nose, and a mouth that was puckered in a puppy dog face. She looked around five or 6. She was young.... too young to survive on her own.

"Why would he do this?" I looked up at Hunter.

"He's a sick-minded b*****d, that's why!"

"We got to keep on moving" I said letting Niki's hair fall back on her face. I checked for injuries, but only a small scar on her leg was found. I can't believe he would do this. I shake my  head and continue.



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
I'm sorry I didn't update in a long time! Hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 26, 2014
Last Updated on June 26, 2014