Chapter 6 - Sad Memories Never Die

Chapter 6 - Sad Memories Never Die

A Chapter by MssJenn

Chapter 6 - Sad Memories Never Die

It wasn’t supposed to happen like this; we were supposed to be together forever. Unrealistic, I know. I had to die some day for forever to happen. There’s no forever for humans. And the forever that I wanted didn’t exist for a vampire.

I wanted a forever with Arl. Be Arl’s human for eternity. But I wasn’t human anymore.

Vampires can only live with their mates and only them. If you’re special the lord would approve you to have a human. But never a vampire is to live with the lord. The lord has no mate. He is our leader not our lover. When he told me that just because I died we couldn’t be together, I hated him a little. I couldn’t be his human, because I was not human anymore. That’s when my hope for love died. I really thought he felt something special for me. Love.

I’ll say this once and only once. And if the word goes out I’m going to get really mad. I loved him, I still do.

I woke up in Arl’s bedroom. Feeling the warm of his body. Soft humming in my ears. His body was pressed to my back. An arm around my waist, the other arm hugging under my neck and around my shoulders. I was laid on my side. All my insides hurt, moved like a person was dancing inside of me. No, not dancing, fighting. I tried to lift my head, but hands hold me down.

“Sshh” The hand caress my head “you’ve not finish the change yet.”

An hour past before I could find my voice.                                   

“You never came” I didn’t recognize my voice at first. It was softer more feminine.

“I’m sorry Nicole. I was too late.” He said pressing me harder to his chest. “Nicolas is taken care of”

“Is he…?” I couldn’t finish the question.

“No, he is not dead. Yet.” He said while crossing over to lie in front of me. “He doesn’t deserve to die so soon. Five of my guys took him to the punishment dungeon. He’ll be there until natural dead”

“I hate them” I said while pressing my face to Arl’s chest. “I hate humans”

I cried. For me. For my parents that just lost their two children and maybe would never know how or why. I cried because my heart ached, knowing that my brother killed me.

It was almost the witching hour already, and my day hasn’t gotten any better. We fallow her scent trough the forest. It wasn’t long before we found them.

“Lord” Said Phillipe, bowing his head a little. I just nod to him. Andromeda ran to his side. The lord was walking to us, fallowed by Louis his human. I notice the guy had a black eye. Problems in paradise? ha ha.

“How did you do it?” the Lord asked me, not acknowledging the presences of Phillipe or Andromeda.

“OH. Hi, yeah I’m splendid thanks, what about you?” I told him with a smile as he glared at me.. “Peachy keen, I guess” Then he smiled a crooked malicious smiled, and chuckled.

“I’ve missed you Nicole. Phillipe keeping you busy lately?” He asked lifting a brow.

“I go to you when you ask for my presence, not more” I said. He nod.

“Louis, escort them to the colony” Said the Lord signaling to Phillipe and Andromeda. They started walking right away.

“No, I need my mate with me” I said. Arl- I mean -the Lord arc a brow.

“Come back in 5 minutes Phillipe” He said looking at me then to Phillipe.

“Yes, lord.” Said Phillipe to the lord. Then left after bowing yet again. Annoying I know, but Phillipe truly respects him. Or is frightened by him maybe?

There went my mate.

“How you did this?” The lord broke the silence. Well I guess he already know the good news. Lucky me.

“Aren’t you the lord? Your suppose to know everything.” I said with sarcasm.

“I do not recall saying that I know everything. But mostly I do.” He said while walking closer to me. Stopping few inches away from me. One more step he could touch me. But he maintained the distance. I stared at his chest moving up and down, with his respiration. In these moments I’m thankful for not having the glowing eyes. I could almost feel my eyes vibrating a little with excitement. Me and my big imagination.

In that moment I felt light head and nauseous. My body announcing bed time. Great the day is over, worse day ever. O no wait let me rephrase that. Worse day in the last 50 years.

“I don’t like to be the one that tell you this but…” He said while staring.

“But you’ll say it any way” He nod. Smiling like a kid in Christmas morning opening the biggest present.

“I told you so. I don’t make mistakes. You’re special.” He said with triumphant. Then continue “Look at your arms” He hold my hands and extended my arms towards him “look”.

I stare at my arms. Startle to see them sparkle. Just like every other vampire. Just like in my dreams. I let go the lord’s hands and start rubbing my arms up and down. “How is this possible?” I asked while he closes the space between us.

“I bet…” He said taking his shirt off “Yes, I knew it.” He smiled “your eyes are glowing green” Damn! He started opening his pants buttons.

So why all out of the sudden my eyes glow? This is getting tiresome can I be more a freak.

“What do you think your doing?”

“I want to see if you have fangs. And I heard that you didn’t have your wake up sex today” With his malicious smile.

“We’re not having sex. So put your clothes on” reluctantly he did.

“Nicole. How…?” Said Phillipe from the trees, were he was walking towards us.

“I don’t know. One moment I was-“I was saying but the lord interrupted me

“I think is the witching hour” We look at him for an explanation. But he just shrugged

“I didn’t have any witch in my family.” I stated.

“Well. In that time a person would be killed for being a witch. Your mother could-“I held a hand for him to be quiet.

“Did you hear that?” We all stare at each other in silence. And there it came again.


“Nic! Nic! Nic! Faster” Several voices were yelling from very far. Cheering. My heart stopped beating for a moment. No body had called me Nic since my brother.

 

 

 



© 2009 MssJenn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on August 1, 2009


Author

MssJenn
MssJenn

New York, NY



About
I'm a Fashion design student that loves to write. i live in new york City. Dominican. English is my second language and I'm still learning. Please critique, i appreciate the help. more..

Writing
Angel's Face Angel's Face

A Poem by MssJenn