2

2

A Chapter by Paul Bell

                               Chapter 5


Francesca never saw him coming towards her, just the grunts of, give me. She stamped on his foot. But even she wasn’t going to survive the punch coming her way.

This was going to hurt. She opened her eyes to see him on the floor. Mr eccentric dragging him outside.

She couldn’t quite understand what had just happened.

But she was grateful.

Ex-boyfriend, he laughed.

He is now, but no, I’ve never seen him before. But thanks.

No problem.


                             Chapter 6.


Moses parted the red sea. That’s all he needed. Just a little miracle. He watched them push past her, moving fast towards him. There would have been words. But suddenly the coffee shop fell into darkness. They attacked what wasn’t there.

Benny Moretti classed himself as a tough man. If he could speak, the man in front of him would surely know this. But there was a gun in his mouth, and his friends were lying unconscious, or dead. He began to shake violently, falling to his knees. Something that had never happened since he was a child, just happened.

He assured her everything would be alright.

Alright, do you who those people are. They kill for the fun of it.

I know who they are. I will fix this, do you understand what I’m saying.

Yes, you said you would fix it. But do you really want mixed up in something like this? Maybe I was just dumb to think I could run this place.

Shut the shop up today, go home and relax. Open up tomorrow again. Everything will be alright.

Morgan knew one thing in life. If you wanted something done. You went straight to the top. He would go straight

to the top.


                              7


He felt the hands shaking him awake. This could only mean death in the family, or war. Nobody would wake Don Gambrina at four in the morning otherwise.

The only thing was, the hand shaking him wasn’t his bodyguard. He was wondering why he was still alive.

I believe you to be an honorable man, am I correct in this assumption.

You are correct.

There is a coffee shop on the corner of Via Teverola. Do you know it?

I know the street.

I drink my coffee there. I would recommend you try it, the coffee is excellent.

I will. Though I don’t think you entered my house at four in the morning to recommend a coffee shop.

No, civilized people don’t do that. Your men have been causing trouble for the young girl who has opened the shop. As you can imagine, she’s quite alarmed.

Does she pay you for protection?

No, I just like to drink my coffee in peace.

And if your peace is broken again.

I’ll probably decide you're not the honorable man I thought you were, and I won't wake you up on my next visit.

Are my bodyguards dead?

No, but I would maybe replace them.

You have my word she will not be disturbed.


 8


Times they are a changing. He heard it on the radio just yesterday. Now Don Gambrina was living the changes.

Women were running businesses. Coffee shops were opening. Where would it end?


     9


Francesca started looking around. She loved this little coffee house. It was still her dream to make it a success.

If only, if only. The flowers came just after ten, inside, a letter of apology and a substantial amount of money.

She watched him drink his coffee, staring at the people as he did every day. She went over and kissed him.

I don’t know how you did it. But I’ve just received an apology and some money. I think the storm clouds have lifted.

You are a genius.

I am.

Sandstorm, no miracle, just a sandstorm.

Eccentric, and nuts she thought to herself.



© 2019 Paul Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"You are a genius."
"I am." ahahaha gotta admire such ........confidence? ;) this is moving really fast, Paul ... do you have plans to expand anything? more details ... more interaction and background? or will my questions like ... who is this girl really?? why is Gambrina people bothering her?? i guess i will just have to ... read on! :)))
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Paul Bell

3 Years Ago

This is why I don't write stories.
Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) i'm simply lazy
You got me scared a bit in the beginning ... now I know Francesca will be fine. She has a guardian angel of her own. ( what a romantic notion, to have a some one who cares for you there, guarding your dream.) .

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 15, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2019


Author

Paul Bell
Paul Bell

About
I like poetry and stories that tell me something. Sometimes the shortest poems hit the hardest. If I post something serious, don't worry, a funny poem will follow. Don't hesitate to tell me if my po.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Paul Bell


Full Bloom Full Bloom

A Poem by Paul Bell





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5