4

4

A Chapter by Paul Bell

                                 13


She’d been lying to her mum for months now.  He was an international lawyer. Her mother had told anyone who would listen.

My Francesca is going out with an international lawyer.

Morgan watched her. He guessed it was time to produce the lawyer. Her brother was getting married. They were all looking forward to meeting him. He felt for her. The bubbly girl had dug a deep hole for herself.

She brought his coffee over and sat down beside him.

I’ve done something really bad.

You have.

Yes, I invented a relationship so my mum would think I was doing okay.

You mean you lied to your mum.

I did it with good intentions.

Well then, what mummy doesn’t know, won’t hurt her.

It will if I don’t turn up to my brothers' wedding with some man. My life just won’t be worth living.

Would you like me to go with you? (Did he actually say that.)

Would you do that for me?

Well, I do have time to spare.

Could you pretend you’re an international lawyer?

You are in deep, aren’t you?


                                     14


It was arranged. They would fly to Milan on Friday morning. Francesca had argued her case. She would pay for everything.

He told her an international lawyer would never allow this.

She was sure he was enjoying this just a bit too much, but she wasn’t really in a position to complain about it.



                                     15


He turned up in a bright red E type Jag. Looking every part the international lawyer. Even dressing like an Italian. She was duly impressed. Even if she was living a lie. She realised this heading out to the airport. The sun was shining, and all in the world should have been great. But she knew nothing about this man. Yet she was going to spend the whole weekend lying about him. The radio broke her silence. ‘Someone saved my life tonight.’

At that point in time, Elton was surely singing to her.

The airport was in view, and she was trying to be sophisticated. Francesca the seasoned traveler.

Are we traveling first class, she asked.

I suppose in a way, we are. He lifted the car phone and spoke in English. She wasn’t quite sure what was going on, but they appeared to be passing the airport.

I think you just passed the airport, it’s that big thing back there, full of planes.

That’s for the tourists, international lawyers use the north gate.

Swear to god, if he says international lawyer one more time, she would swing for him.

They reached the north gate, where security waved them through, stopping beside the private plane waiting for them.

Is that plane for us. Is there like other passengers going with us.

No, International lawyers like to fly alone in private jets.

The punch missed, but he got the gist, even if he was laughing.



© 2019 Paul Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

She has certainly dug a desperate hole for her self if she is willing to face an uncertain and risky weekend with a seemingly kind stranger (but we don't really know do we?) rather than tell Mum the truth, yikes!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Paul Bell

3 Years Ago

Remind me to finish this story, the poor girl deserves happiness.
Corset

3 Years Ago

well please remind me to remind you to remind me to remind you :D
Paul Bell

3 Years Ago

Got it tattooed on my arm now.
I enjoyed that chapter you leave just enough to want more. Francesca’ mom made me laugh. My gran went around telling her friends Lani was a lawyer when we got engaged, haha, I have no idea where she got that from. Anyway ... I’ll have to follow this my friend. I need an adventure x

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

Got a bit confused with the chapters in this. Think you're on chapter 4. Will finish it at some poin.. read more
Now I see your penmanship clearly. If you add a little more dialogues it will be wonderful! This chapter is very romantic and lovely.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

I'm building up to the dialogue. Though it is digging into my social life. So I might have to leave .. read more
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

Do allot certain time ( usually the time of the day you feel inspired) to write. You have talent t.. read more
Delightful, and a easy pace to lead the reader. Just enough detail for your monologue to lead us and not so many facts to weigh us down. I am so ready for the next chapter.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

Simple is best. Like myself.
Wow. And now I want to pretend to be Francesca. Not fair. What luck! She gets an international lawyer for free and a private plane ride too. Haha. I’m not happy Paul. I work my a** off day and night. Life sucks. ;(

P.S. Please write a plane crash into the story. Then everyone’s happy 😀

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

just realiesd i never numbered the chapters. Think that was four. lol. You finish the story off, you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2019


Author

Paul Bell
Paul Bell

About
I like poetry and stories that tell me something. Sometimes the shortest poems hit the hardest. If I post something serious, don't worry, a funny poem will follow. Don't hesitate to tell me if my po.. more..

Writing
The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Paul Bell


Full Bloom Full Bloom

A Poem by Paul Bell



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It rained today It rained today

A Poem by Gee


Moods Moods

A Poem by DrD