Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Devil is a DJ

Devil is a DJ

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A rework of an older piece and yes there is audio:)

"

To view this poem please visit the audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9O4n7OLBk


The Devil is a DJ



Published in Monsters



Monsters contains the short story series Demons, Harlots and Crones, which follows two generations of the Demeere family and its legacy of spite and envy. Included in the series is Demon in High Socks; Holler it out with Lemonade; the Old Lady, Her Plymouth, and Cockroaches; Sex in a Pan; and the Fire Crone and Stone Harlot. Also within Monster’s pages are fifty-odd poems exploring the darker side of human nature and its undeniable conclusion. Two Orphan Sparrows, the Devil is a DJ, the Last Striptease, Beware of Librarians Promising Freedom and many more titles are found within. Ultimately monster asks the reader to look at the darkness found within herself and by facing it, perchance move beyond.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one gave me goosebumps all the way. Probably one of my favourites I have ever read of yours. I like the angle, making war and the death of soldiers of the devil's making, and humanity complicit. An indictment of the act and not the players. Very wonderful imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL. You rounded out the images and meaning perfectly with this review:)



Reviews

i can see him .. front man to a hate band .. whipping into a frenzy the weak and feeble minded .. to real not to cause concern ..

calumny and faux-phobias!! gotta love it!! ;)
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Alas he seems to be working over time … this side of the water and then that. Thanks E.
Quite an ode to devil. He seems like a charmer and many would like to follow without even giving a second thought. It was a treat listening to your spoken words.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Avinash:)
I truly am a huge fan of your work, you are a genius and entertaining writer. I been a DJ once in my life, there is no job more interesting than being a DJ. The DJ you wrote about, well no one knows better spin than he does...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Very very kind. Thank you, AA.
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome dear
I went to that DJ'S parties. Once for 15 months then for 12. He threw one crazy bash, that's for sure.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Crazy being the operative word. Thank you, Baby.
A very mesmerizing piece. I was channeling a bit of Anne Rice there from Taltos. Fanning flames by both human and demon alike and I'll be dammed if I can tell the difference sometimes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Love Anne Rice … that sister can write:) Thank you, icy blue.
And on we dance as the flames get higher... a profound poem here, Pryde.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Rita.
indeed. a powerful write. How easily were are mesmerized, lulled by the onslaught of CNN and current events into just stepping to the beat and not registering the horror. Well penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Tammy.
very apt Pryde with the situations going on across the world, somehow calls to mind a thing I read once on a pamphlet handed out by some group or another about Satan being sent down to the earth way back in 1914 to cause as much trouble as possible in this world, certainly has a bit of sense being the exact year of the start of WW1 and nothing but war after war ever since, I guess that's my view of this poem but maybe you were aiming at something more specific, whichever its a very good write, thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Here's to a day when the fighting stops. Thank you, Richard:)
A DJ thrives on samples, the works of other people...in one respect, that makes a DJ a thief, a master of propaganda...he also holds a certain sway over people, and essentially dictates the way people move and react...I can't help but thinking of the disco era, when everyone danced the same uniform dance, which I always found kind of eerie...maybe the 'inferno to the b******s' did that for me...a masterful motif you've presented here Pryde...love this one.

I can't resist the urge to mention that I actually wrote something like this many moons ago, well about a year ago to be exact, with a similar theme...I can't remember if you saw it at the time, but I should send you the link cuz you might be amused by the parallels ;P

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Steve. No I do not recall seeing the piece. Would love to have look … send me a link if.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha No kidding ;) A most relevant piece for sure...

I'll send an RR for that poem if I.. read more
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

I just read it:)
Seems very appropriate with the news this morning of air strikes in the Middle East. Well penned. I shall go listen to the audio at lunch time.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Alas … that is the truth. Thank you, Noel:)

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1399 Views
30 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan