Contrary

Contrary

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

AAARRGGHH!!!

"

My name should be Mary as I am quite contrary this morning.

 

Today, I don’t like the color of my hair, my living room or my car.  I do not like that my hammock chair gets wet in the rain and my husband’s does not.  I do not like any of my clothes.  I do not like my unaffectionate cats, which prior to today I considered an admirable trait.  I do not like green eggs and ham, whatever the hell that means, Dr. Seuss, if that’s really your name…

 

I am in a mood for a rip-roaring, get down, lay it down fight and no one will oblige me!  I don’t like that.

 

I want to be mad at someone who has wronged me, but no one will accommodate me and I don’t like that, either.

 

I want to be huffy, puffy, and blow someone, anyone outta the water!

 

Unfortunately, today is peaceful though rainy, and just generally pleasant.  AAAAARRGGHH!!

 

How’s a girl (and I use that term loosely!) supposed to be a raving maniac when nothing will go wrong?!

 

Mary, Mary, quite contrary " how did you get that garden to grow?

 

 

© 2017 Carol Cashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem shows a lot of bottled up anger. It really shows how your feeling. Great Job!


Posted 6 Years Ago


Contrary Mary,give up gardening,it doen't seem to agree with you.Have you considered ultimate fighting as a hobbie? Both odd and interesting to be smack dab in the middle of someone elses tantrum.Seriously though,I LMAO through the whole piece inspite of it reminding of one of my ex-wifes good days.Exceedingly cool,carry on trashing the joint.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Haha, just had such a morning today ;-)
Great piece, love the humor and the honesty.

Posted 6 Years Ago


FINALLY!! "Writer's Rage!" I knew I would see it again... chuckling here. We do live with it - sigh... and oft survive it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

Have you a specific "piece" that needs being read or "heard"? I've time at the moment.
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

My favorite piece, the one I read to myself to calm my racing brain is Rites of Passage. The Last W.. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

Fair enough...
very cute story, I can relate to when everything else seems to be going well but you want something to match your crummy mood. A little random; the husband not getting wet but the hammock chair does (I don't understand the comparison), funny however.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

The hammock chairs are on the small patio entry to my front door. The wind is always blowing the wi.. read more
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

I meant blowing the RAIN from the west...
The Ink Chapters

6 Years Ago

oh I see now :)
thanks for clearing that up, nice read :)
Ha-hahhh!
I'd laugh my a*s off at you, not because I wanted to, but because I can see the humor in you stomping around in a hissy tirade, ripping, tearing, and snorting steam at whatever in general that put that burr under your saddle … then, you could take it out on me, because I can take it, and we'd end-up giggling, downing stiff shots of whatever, or nothing at all, and making-love (if I was your hubby, of course … LOL!).

I love it, Mary … hehe! ⁓ Richard ; )

200/100

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

The best way to describe it is like a soldier during peacetime. I still have fight and fury in me, .. read more
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Crafty, that man o'yuren!
Sometimes, perhaps, it might be better to be fully alive in a wild state that is Contrariwise rather than being numb. Don't get me wrong, a state of blissful happiness is wonderful, but you might have to fight the whole world to get there some days. And please don't think we would wish this contrary world upon you, but it does seem to make you brilliantly creative. ;)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

I've seen the dangers of complacency, from personal relationships to our dwindling rights...I'm good.. read more
An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

It's a good thing to understand yourself, to know what brings out the fierce strength in you, and fo.. read more
It pains me to say this, but I wonder if our friend Mr Chump feels this way when he goes on a twitter storm? I used to be spoiling for a fight in my younger days, but now I'm confrontation-avoidant. Still, your tongue-in-cheek ditty brought back memories of some of my more dramatic tizzies, the kind where you break stuff & rip up roses, etc. *wink! wink!* (((HUGS)))

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

I didn't really throw a lot of hissy fits when I was younger, or really even now. But as I stated i.. read more
barleygirl

6 Years Ago

*smile* (((HUGS)))
I often go through odd phases of pessimism in which the future is bleak, I will just suffer in life, etc. Though, the mood you're describing is one unfamiliar to me. Yet, I could still connect in a way. Such a beautiful job you've done! I have respect for people who are honest with their emotions. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sapientiam

6 Years Ago

Will keep in kind. ^ ^
Sapientiam

6 Years Ago

*in mind

Sorry about that!
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

"kind" works....
I've been in similar moods before. I'm angry and want a reason to be (or at the very least an excuse to vent), but for once everything is going just fine. How frustrating!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Yes, it is. Positively makes my skin itch! Today made up for it in spades. And Kudos to you for .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

718 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2017
Last Updated on August 6, 2017
Tags: fiction

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong