Tickle Me Not: The Story of Evil Elmo—An Original Urban Legend

Tickle Me Not: The Story of Evil Elmo—An Original Urban Legend

A Chapter by Steven Cash
"

This is part one of my October Horror Mini-Series. October 13

"
Sesame Workshop is a place that was meant to be the birthplace of shows and brands that would revolutionize the lives of children worldwide. To educate them and help them learn and love life.
But that's not the Sesame Workshop, or particularly, the Sesame Street we will tell the story of tonight.

Tonight we tell the tale of a tortured mind. That mind is Jim Henson. Jim was the creator of just about every character you see on Sesame Street and the Muppets. He also was the voice behind Ernie, and Kermit and a few others.

But the character 'Elmo' was not created in a board room or in a 'brainstorm' session. It was created by a nightmare Jim Henson had on the night of August 12, 1971, and three weeks consecutively after that.

It was a very simple dream. There was a little white fur monster who would come up to Jim and say, "Want to play with me?"

Jim would always answer yes, and then this monster would take him down one of the streets of New York, and slaughter people at random. Jim would always be appalled and horrified by the sight, but he would never be able to stop it. By the end of the slaughter, the little monster's fur was red with blood.

Jim would always wake up in cold sweats. Well, soon these dreams subsided.

But then one day in a board meeting, a new character was brought to the table. Jim was horrified to see this character, a little red monster, there on the drawing board.

Upon seeing this, Jim was terrified and muttered the words 'Hell no', to which, the others thought was a name. but they misheard it as 'Elmo'.

Either way, that is not the crux of the story. As we know, Jim Henson died in the 90s of cancer, but the legend of the original Elmo that haunted Jim's mind continued. In the Sesame Workshop, a prototype of the Tickle Me Elmo doll was brought to the executive room where everyone was able to touch the doll.

As part of the prototype make, the doll was supposed to laugh and do some basic motions.

But this doll, when pressed, said one phrase. "Want to play with me?"

But not in the iconic voice of Elmo. It was Jim Henson's voice.

Everyone was a little bit shocked and terrified, and tried to raise the voice again. Instead, the doll shorted and never worked again.

Nobody from that room could explain what happened that day. Or what the phrase meant.

Only Jim knew.

Only he knew the real Elmo.

It is said that if you take any Tickle Me Elmo doll, and place a drop of blood in the mouth, you can awaken the doll to say the original 'Want to play with me?"

Only one person, Jeff Stevens, was brave enough to try the feat. And he recorded the whole ordeal.

He did the ritual, with a drop of blood, and waited. He is shown on the video for 3 minutes staring at the doll. Then, suddenly, he drops the doll and runs off screen screaming.

What perplexes people who have seen the video is, what he saw that made him horrified.

Also, why is he heard screaming off screen.

And who murdered Jeff, leaving behind a bloody knife in his apartment.

And most of all, who stopped the video and posted it to Youtube.

Because Jeff lived alone, and his body wasn't found until weeks later.

The video has been taken down, and the Sesame Workshop and Henson family have declined comment.


© 2012 Steven Cash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Gosh this freaked the hell out of me, steve!!!!!!!!!!! I love elmo (not sure if anymoreO.o)
My sister and I used to play with it as kids like all the time.
We used to keep elmo as a baby and we used to feed it cerelac and milk.
When i was reading about your creative ritual plot i was appalled and was like, 'thank god it was milk we used not ..BLOOD!'
Very well written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks bunches!



Reviews

AWESOME! I ALWAYS KNEW ELMO WAS EVIL

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Too much telling in the beginning to get me really intrigued. I loved the ending though.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I remember having nightmares about this little cuntbag. I liked the story though :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


OMG!!! Terrified! I'm scared...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Omg you guys would not believe, when I was a kid, I kept having continuous dreams of Elmo suffocating me. I'd be at home, I'd walk out of my bedroom and up the hallway and I'd see my mum walking past the hallway to the bin whilst sorting out mail, and I'd hear Elmo running up behind me, and I'd be screaming out to my mum to try and help me but she'd ignore me. Then Elmo would throw a bag over my head and suffocate me. Then I'd wake up in the middle of the night afraid to go back to sleep. I kept having this dream for months.
However, when I was a kid, I would always have horrific dreams about being dying, including myself. I wonder if that's why I'm a little messed up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I will NEVER look at Elmo the same, again! Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

ahaa thanks
evil elmo :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Yep
Awesome! I'm not afraid of anything so i didn't get scared but this is great. I like it. I
I love Elmo do his soooo cute :D Now i will place the knifes in the jore with a lock :P

-SkyeBlanco

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Ahaaaaa lol thanks Skye
Wow, this is really good!
Though I never had Elmo when I was a kid, this creeped me out.
Especially the last part of the story about the video. Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

aahaa thanks :))
Gosh this freaked the hell out of me, steve!!!!!!!!!!! I love elmo (not sure if anymoreO.o)
My sister and I used to play with it as kids like all the time.
We used to keep elmo as a baby and we used to feed it cerelac and milk.
When i was reading about your creative ritual plot i was appalled and was like, 'thank god it was milk we used not ..BLOOD!'
Very well written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks bunches!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35722 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2012
Last Updated on October 16, 2012


Author

Steven Cash
Steven Cash

A Secret Location, IL



About
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/changetheworld/1061316/ That's my poem. Goodbye everyone. Don't cry because it's over... smile because it happened... more..

Writing
Miss you Miss you

A Poem by Steven Cash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Numb Numb

A Poem by Sam