The Blonde Girl

The Blonde Girl

A Book by C. Lee Battaglia
"

A story I wrote as a tribute to people with cancer and those who love them.

"

© 2018 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Story for all of us who lost someone...

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A magnificently beautiful story ... Some might say that it was sad to read, and did not have a happy ending ... But I say, this story is perfect in that perfect timing of two people meeting, clueless that they would ever meet, who needed someone special in their lives at that precise moment in time. She gave you something no one else ever could have, and you gave her more than you will ever know, even though you do know ... This story is tender and touching to the very core of any heart that has ever had a first crush or first love, especially someone as special as I see that she was to you ... And you to her ... A wonderful memorial to her memory in keeping her memory alive ... Thank you for sharing ... Very well written ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I really appreciate your time you put in to read my story!
She will always be remember.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

I re edited it so re read tell me what you think!



Reviews

I am crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Awwww! This story wrenched my heart! I almost cried. My father had brain cancer (a glioblastoma) and survived for two years after diagnosis. This story really touched me, so thank you very much. You have no idea how much this means to me even though you didn't write it for me/about me. It really speaks to me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

I just had this feeling that I should share this with you... weird huh?
Thanks and your welco.. read more
Jamie

9 Years Ago

Yeah. Its amazing what words can do for other people! I hope you find peace of mind/otpr have found .. read more
Wow I'm sorry I really enjoyed reading this , made me keep wanting to read really emotional .

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I deeply appreciate it!
She was my best friend and I will never forget her.
AngelEyes15

9 Years Ago

I know how you feel ,
C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks again Angel!
I enjoyed reading it, have you ever thought about continuing it? Nice work, keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Yes. All the time... I have more written down in my dairy.
Wow this is really deep, I can't described how touch I feel and the story is very very deteald and I really like hearing this story. I can just say Wow, really wow.
A grat story, really and the ending was tragic. I'm sorry.
Great story! this really went to my heart

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you! She will always be remembered! Thanks for your time!
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

You are Welcome
You have a great deal of emotion bottled up in this story. I believe Short short stories are a good medium to refine the emotional impact, the colour and "pop" of a story. The central character is developed and the is shown well. The use of "Twitch" is excellent. It touches on three scenes; sound, sight and emotion; it evokes the condition that draws the attention of a childhood bully to it's victim.
The old advice, "Show don't tell" applies to all stories but to short stories in particular. " And he let go of me and I fell onto floor hitting my bum really hard." This sentence could be stronger without the adverb. "....really hard." is subjective and it takes the reader away from the event and emotion (physical and physiological in this case) to a simple relaying of information devoid of the emotion that the reader should be feeling here. For a child to be physically picked up then allowed to fall is physical abuse. The reader could be taken to a place of horror or tears, anger, etc in this line.
Thank you for posting this.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I'll make sure to change it!
Aww, this... Perhaps she was reclaimed because she was such a good person. Sometimes the best things in life are bittersweet, and one needs to treasure them while they last. I guess I'm at a loss for words, really. But the piece itself is written beautifully.

Now, I'm not a firm believer in fate, but I have noticed that everything in this lifetime seems to happen for a reason. All these circles life takes us up upon, they all come back around somewhere. One rock dropped in a pond, see all the ripples. I don't know. I don't know where I'm going with this. I had a point, but it escaped my mind. Maybe she's the rock, the beginning.

I'm so sorry about your friend. She must've been really great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks ashlyn! Your very kind to read my stories.
>>AMV

9 Years Ago

I am glad to have read them! So thank you.
C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! Your welcome also!
This is so nice! I am so sorry about your friend, I know how it feels to lose someone you love dearly...
Keep up the good work!!!


Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

14
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5402 Views
141 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 17 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: Sad, Cancer, Depressing

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..