The Blonde Girl

The Blonde Girl

A Book by C. Lee Battaglia
"

A story I wrote as a tribute to people with cancer and those who love them.

"

© 2018 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Story for all of us who lost someone...

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A magnificently beautiful story ... Some might say that it was sad to read, and did not have a happy ending ... But I say, this story is perfect in that perfect timing of two people meeting, clueless that they would ever meet, who needed someone special in their lives at that precise moment in time. She gave you something no one else ever could have, and you gave her more than you will ever know, even though you do know ... This story is tender and touching to the very core of any heart that has ever had a first crush or first love, especially someone as special as I see that she was to you ... And you to her ... A wonderful memorial to her memory in keeping her memory alive ... Thank you for sharing ... Very well written ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I really appreciate your time you put in to read my story!
She will always be remember.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

I re edited it so re read tell me what you think!



Reviews

this was so sad to read, I loved it a lot. I honestly didn't want it to be over. Is it a true story?

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

It is... thank's the video is almost done. stay tuned...
Amazingly beautiful: just shows how much a shocking disease or cancer can affect someone's life....when I was four I lost a friend to a house fire, and how Chase felt when Sara died, that made me cry and remember Hannah...Really heartfelt, please keep writing....

PS, can you please tell me what YouTube channel the video is going to be posted on.....thanks

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

The YouTube channel is under my name Chase Battaglia. Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it!read more
Zabella

9 Years Ago

Thank you!!
Absolutely beautiful. The impact a person can have on another person's life most times molds him into who he becomes. It amazes me how the presence of a loved one stays with you long after they're gone. My grandmother, who my poem "Her Hands" is dedicated to, passed when I was 13, and the essence of who she was, I pray never leaves me. Sara gifted you with her love, her fears, her secrets, her friendship, her light, her life, and because she gave those things to you, she lives through you. Far beyond her blue eyes and pale skin, she was beautiful to you and because of you, your audience sees her beauty too.

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much... She is all the good in me, she was such a good girl and I would try anything to.. read more
This is so sweet, it really tugs at the heartstrings. Few things are more vital to writing than emotion, and you brought that in spades. All the more for it being a true story. You've honoured Sara's memory here and I know she will stay with and in you for a long time. Thank you for sharing this story with me. It's well written, and you have a lot of potential as a professional writer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
A magnificently beautiful story ... Some might say that it was sad to read, and did not have a happy ending ... But I say, this story is perfect in that perfect timing of two people meeting, clueless that they would ever meet, who needed someone special in their lives at that precise moment in time. She gave you something no one else ever could have, and you gave her more than you will ever know, even though you do know ... This story is tender and touching to the very core of any heart that has ever had a first crush or first love, especially someone as special as I see that she was to you ... And you to her ... A wonderful memorial to her memory in keeping her memory alive ... Thank you for sharing ... Very well written ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I really appreciate your time you put in to read my story!
She will always be remember.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

I re edited it so re read tell me what you think!
I can't even begin to explain how powerful this story is. In fact, I think this is the most powerful story I have read on this website so far. Probably because it is for your friend, after all. This has to go into my favorites for that very reason. You have rendered me speechless with this. There isn't any good enough words to describe this story. They would all be understatements.

Thank you for sharing! And might I add, you'd make a great author.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful piece and it has been well written. Congratz. Your friend will definitely be proud of you. She wil always be with you. Do write more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks Joel!
I really appreciate it. She will always be with me.
Heart-wrenching and very upsetting to read, but a very strong piece of writing. I'm one of those who believe that emotion makes your writing stronger and there's no limit to what you can do. Disease is, awfully, the main cause of death for many, especially when so young. As you've read in my poem, Sand Through My Fingers, I lost my uncle, but I do know how it feels to lose a friend as well and you have my sympathies. Your friend will always be with you and she will make you stronger, in both writing and reality. Raw emotion fuels raw poetry, and that's the best kind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words.
Very true though, Emotion is what fuels writing.. read more
This was emotional and very bittersweet, some of the hardest things we go through in life, we experience as children, at first it seems like the worst thing in the world, but when you stop to think about it, that sweet little girl didn't have to suffer anymore and it seems as though she had a great impact on making you become stronger inside as well. This was a beautiful story and it touched my heart :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

THANK YOU! Thanks for your time... She will be with me forever!
I...... Heartbroken. Can't help but to let tears fall off. This strikes me right in the heart and when the nurse said Sara didn't make it, I just felt the same like you -- heart being torn into a million pieces. As the story built up to the climax where you met Sara, the frustration towards the bully as well as other indifferent people built up as well, which made the kind personality of Sara shone even brighter and ultimately made the ending heavily heartbreaking.

Emotional piece, and Sara would never leave you even if her body was gone. She lives deep inside your heart.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

I really appreciate it! She was my best friend and will always be! She is a part of me that I will n.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5416 Views
141 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 17 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: Sad, Cancer, Depressing

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


TO WRITERSCAFE TO WRITERSCAFE

A Poem by anne


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO