The Blonde Girl

The Blonde Girl

A Book by C. Lee Battaglia
"

A story I wrote as a tribute to people with cancer and those who love them.

"

© 2018 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Story for all of us who lost someone...

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A magnificently beautiful story ... Some might say that it was sad to read, and did not have a happy ending ... But I say, this story is perfect in that perfect timing of two people meeting, clueless that they would ever meet, who needed someone special in their lives at that precise moment in time. She gave you something no one else ever could have, and you gave her more than you will ever know, even though you do know ... This story is tender and touching to the very core of any heart that has ever had a first crush or first love, especially someone as special as I see that she was to you ... And you to her ... A wonderful memorial to her memory in keeping her memory alive ... Thank you for sharing ... Very well written ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I really appreciate your time you put in to read my story!
She will always be remember.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

I re edited it so re read tell me what you think!



Reviews

This is an amazing story! It’s sad, and I started to tear up. I’m sorry for your loss, and I have lost a friend too, he was like a grandfather to me and he passed away unexpectedly. This is really good! Keep up the beautiful writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

I did a part two if you want to check it out.
AllauraRose

6 Years Ago

I will, doing homework currently, but I will when I am finished.
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

:) Alright! Thank you!
a very very moving story, so very tender and sweet

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you Anise! Your comment is very appreciated.
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

I did a part two if you want to check it out.
Thank you for entering my contest. This story is so sweet. At the beginning I loved the characters and their friendship. By the end I felt tears. Congratulations!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! it means the world to me!
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

I did a part two if you want to check it out.
The story is very touching. Its the kind of them that high-paying venues like Writer's Digest would seem to want--if you just stretched out some of the more important scenes a bit.

I'm confused as to how the blonde girl improved the life of the narrator. I'm almost wondering if her loss at 12 wouldn't be devastating. If she continued to be his only friend and he never got another friend, wouldn't he be destroyed by her death? So what I want to know is how she changed him so that either he was happy alone and by himself or he could make other friends with most of his previous self-consciousness caused by lack of confidence.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading my Story and I will be sure to edit it! Thank you for pointing that out to me... read more
SilverDamsen

6 Years Ago

Yes, you need to include what you just wrote here in a revision.
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

I did a part two if you want to check it out.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
#33
They said it was fine. But they wanted to know more about your Pen name. And they said it's due Friday, or maybe it's tomorrow, sorry I can't remember. Just message me when you get a chance. And they need the grammar fixed before we can share it on the blog.

Posted 6 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

For what contest is this for? and thank you!
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

And I edited it if you want to reread it and let me know what you think...
Hey C. Lee,
My name is DC. And, I have started an outline for a film titled "Salvation". And I was looking for additional writers. After reading your piece I think you would be a great help. I would like to send you some of my work. My email is [email protected]. I have a google hangout as well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
I look forward to helping!
Dominique

7 Years Ago

Yes, talk with you soon.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
God! I just don't know what to say...I could feel it, all your emotions are clearly felt. That's the biggest compliment I can give to someone. You said that my poem made you smile, and I would say that your story made me cry. Of what I have seen until now, I can conclude that you've suffered a lot in life. I am sure, God must have something great for you in store for the future. Kudos to your courage and your story!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
I really appreciate the comment!
I feel honored to have received t.. read more
Zoya

7 Years Ago

Haha, you're most welcome!
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

I did a part two if you want to check it out.
Straight away...Gripped. Such a beautifully well written peice of work. I really felt i was looking on seeing this little kid getting excited about having a new friend. The naievty was also extremly well written (the bit where he doesn't know what cancer)

lancer..funny

Such a sad, sad ending...very touching.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I do appreciate it.
The sad and sweet combination work great in this story. I can identify with the "freak" who feels left out and different. I have ADHD and as a kid it was difficult because I couldn't sit still or stop myself from talking to my classmates and couldn't pay attention to save my life! Still can't, lol
Thank you so much for writing this in a way others who may not suffer from learning disabilities can understand how it feels. Great piece and I'm also blonde so I appreciated that part too.

Posted 7 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

7 Years Ago

Your welcome, :) and thank you for relating your blondeness to my story ;)
If you want pleas.. read more
I like it. It made me think, well done! It had a few grammar or spelling errors though, but it was well thought out.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5402 Views
141 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 17 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: Sad, Cancer, Depressing

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..