chapter Seven

chapter Seven

A Chapter by Mskendra Renee
"

Hush little baby

"

 

Chapter Seven

 

 They wasted no time in experimenting on him to see what he could do. Once he turned two, they put him in the very cage his mother slept. At the age of four, they started electroshock therapy every two weeks. Frying his brain to see how fast he would heal with his memories intact or how long until he would regain consciences. He was already at the age of seven in the three months after his birth date, he and the others were growing more quickly than they expected so they put them in the cages on the second floor. However, with careful researching they estimated they would start growing normally at the age of nine. Just like his mother they fed him human meat but not in the proportions they fed her. They kept him on the edge of starvation to keep him controllable and too weak to attack. They also hooked him and every other child that was there, on an anesthetic. Strapped to the beds, they waited until it was time for them to eat. The nurses would take their electric cuffs but keeping their drip going and once done, they electrocuted them until they passed out and put back into their beds.

 He barely spoke to them, but the nurse, Sarah, would bring him books to read frequently and tell him stories about things around the world. Sitting on his bed reading a book called “A mothers love", he wished he could have known his mother. He imagined she was something like Carmen, another one of the kids there.  He heard them talking about his mother, he had known for a while what they had done to her. They also carelessly mentioned the name she had given him. He laughs as he thinks it ironic, he is reading a book about a mother he will never have in this hell, but he would always have the music box she left him. He hears someone turning the knob of the door, he sniffs, and it is the doctor. He quickly marks his place in the book and hides it under his bed, seconds before the doctor enters the room with two guards.

 

"Hi 001 (Michael snarls at the number they'd given him as his name.) I have noticed you have been doing good and not fighting when we give you injections. So, what we're going to do is let you watch TV." Dr. Newmon said with a warming smile.

 

Michael stood with a happiness; he did not know exactly what a TV was, but he has an idea from the books he has read.

 

"But you have to promise to be good. These two guards are going to put on your spark cuffs, OK?"

 

 Even though the 'spark cuffs' hurt like someone putting a constant fire around your wrist, he wanted to finally watch a TV show. He nodded his head letting the doctor know he would be good. The two guards enter the cage using their key cards handcuffing the boy and escorting him out. Where they took him was a place he had never been. It was a glass room inside another room with just a single chair in the middle of the floor. It was clean and the smell was amazing. Nothing like where they kept him. Sitting him into the chair, the boy notices the chairs nailed to the floor and there's restraints on the hand rest and at the feet.

 

“Do not worry. You know we must take safety precautions. The nurse you like so much, Sarah is bringing in the TV." He pronounces as the guards strap the young boy in.

“It is going to be all right, 001." Sarah stated as she entered the room locking the door behind her.

 

She rolled in a tv and turned it on, and something was playing on the screen, but she had something behind her. Keeping it out of Michael’s view as she went to the corner of the room, and he could only focus on her. Michael watched as the guards went to the opposite corners behind him. He turned back around and saw Sarah give the Doctor a big knife. Petrified he tries to get loose from the chair.

 

“Hush, hush now, calm down everything is going to be alright." She says to Michael.

 

 "Stop acting like that, you'll be fine, we just need to do some test on how you heal and then you can go back to your cage." He joked as he takes his left hand putting it on the boy’s right arm to hold it still.

 

"I’m going to hum your song to keep you calm. It will help you relax.”  She says as the boy yells and spasms as Sarah continues humming and the doctor carved through his arm.

“Help me, Sarah! Help me please make him stop.... it hurts so much!" He shrieked looking at Sarah waiting for her to come to his rescue but she just  hummed.

 

But she just stands there unaffected by seeing his blood flow like a river on to the floor. He screams again as the doctor breaks his arm and continuing to cut through the rest of his arm. The blood paints the doctors face as he pulls the amputated arm from the boy as he passes out. They bandage his arm and then drag him back to the cage and throw him onto the bed. Leaving meat and a little water in his bowls.

Hours later the boy wakes up, but he is not hurting anymore. He looks at the bloody bandage on the floor and realizes what had happened to him. But to his amazement, his arm had grown back. Was he imagining things?  Looking at his arm he noticed they had forgotten to put in the iv in his arm and strap him to his bed. He remembered the doctor saying that he had a healing ability, but he was happy his arm was back. He sits up in the bed stretching his arms and neck. Noticing the food in the bowl and the water, he gets up and kicks the bowl. He never understood why they never gave him anything else but human meat, though he did not mind. Even though it was a little tough to him it was deliciously sweet and a little bitter. Suddenly, the one small light in his cage went out, as he started to walk over to it to make it work, he heard a beep noise. He turned and looked at the keycard... it had no color. When the guards would come in to get him for something or give him food it would light up green meaning they could come in. If they tried to get in without using the card, it would show red but other than that the color would be blue. But now it had no color at all, the power had gone out. Without even thinking he ran to the door of the cage and pushed it. IT OPENED; he was out he could leave but not before he ate something.

 

He senses the guard as he approaches the door opening it quickly as he drops him to his knees then pulling him into the room. He comes out of the door with blood dripping from his chin and a bloody keycard in his hand. In the long dark hallway, there was nothing but doors with numbers labeled on them, and only one labeled stairs. He starts heading to the door leading to the steps but stops when he hears a noise. For a long time, he has been certain that he could hear other children behind the doors. He kicks down one door, and, in a cage, there was a girl who looked about his age. He took the iv out of her arm, undid the restraints and waited for her to come too . For a moment, she just looked at him then sat up.

"Who... how did ... did they let you out?" She asks.

"My name is Michael... we should help the others."

They go to each cage in the room, getting the other children awake and out. The power comes back on, and the alarm goes off as they all run to the staircase. When they bust through the door, the nurses and doctors froze trying to take in what they were seeing.

 

"Please 0.. Michael, I am so sorry, but I could not help you." Sarah whimpers to Michael as he backs her into a wall.

 

They had come through the laboratory with a rage and hunger they had never seen. The children slashed, clawed, and killed anyone that they saw... Which was everyone. Sarah was the last one left, and she was fearful of what they might do to her.

 

 “I’m so sorry." She stops as he puts his left hand on her shoulder.

 

“Shh, shh, everything is going to be OK. " He sayings mimicking her in a calm voice as he places his right hand on her stomach.

 

He forces his long, sharp claws into her stomach, as the bones crack the boy reaches his way to her heart. He simultaneously rips out her heart as he uses his teeth to rip out her throat. They children also messed with the lights causing them to go on and off. Hearing the screams of the nurses and other doctors, Dr. Newmon hides as he hears the boy’s footsteps from the opposite side of the door. Moving quickly behind his desk as the boy enters the room. Michael sniffs and immediately knows where the doctor is, he starts walking toward the desk but then notices meat on a tray on a separate table facing towards the doctor’s desk. He starts to eat it but knows it is not human because it does not taste as good. While the boys eating, Newmon grabs a fully automatic shotgun out of the box he keeps under his desk and loads it as slowly as he can.

 

"Your pathetic, grow some balls I'm waiting!” The boy teased in a terrifying voice as he is eating the meat.

 

 

Newmon gets up quickly and to his horror, the boy’s appearance is chilling to the bone. His Hair white, his eyes, red with black veins coming from out of his eyes with demon like blood-stained claws. His legs looking broken, but he stood taller than before, he had razor sharp teeth. The doctor empty's the clip into the boy's body, and as his lifeless body drops to the ground, the doctor drops the shotgun. He runs to and out of the door, through more doors, down steps past the screaming and dying people. The children who watched him in joy as he passed them in fear all smiling and humming. He gets into the long hallway on the third floor leading to the roof, where he stops to take a breath. He starts to laugh because he knows he won. He would just cancel the experiment and start over again after he gets a cleaning crew. As he starts running again, an awful sound comes from the stair well, the doctor stops a turn and frozen in fear as he sees 001. The doctor turned and ran as fast as he could to the door, as he gets to the door, he realizes the door could not opened without his key card. With fear in his eyes, he turned around slowly, and within steps the boy was smiling at him. The young boy took his hand from behind his back and showed the doctor his key card that he had forgotten to grab while trying to escape. He made a sad face towards the doctor, mocking the doctor’s inevitable death. He dropped the card and within a blink of the eye, he stood right in front of the doctor eye to eye. He takes his right hand and grips the doctor’s hair, slinging him to the ground while still holding his hair, he drags him back through the hallway and down the staircase. Hitting his head on every step, as all the other children slashed and cut him, the children cheered and laughed, even cried  as they lashed out at him.

Through the doors leading to his cold, dark home for three months. He drags him through the next door revealing the furnace and dead bodies. The man with a mask drops a body as he sees the boy come in, covered with the blood of his victim.

 

“Oh, hey look kid,  I had nothing to do with them I just grind the meat." The boy pushes the doctor away from him and walks to the man in black. He knew he was the one who chopped up his mother and put her in that furnace. He heard the nurse joked about not wanting to get pregnant and be one of them. That their glad they did not make the list. Making suggestions on what they should do with mothers after they give birth instead of being taking down and chopped up and burnt to leave no trace. They should be able to do autopsy and do research on the … carcasses. He loathed them all.

  He wounds him across his chest and then takes his hands and breaks his neck. He turns   around to the doctor, grabbing him by the hair and dragging him to the furnace. He opens it and the doctor starts to struggle.

 

“No, no let me go, what I did was for the greater good, why can you not see that! If you stop now, I’ll forgive, and I will get you a better place to sleep." Without warning, the boy starts punching the doctor in his face.

 

Breaking his nose and caving in his face, he listens for any more disagreements as the doctor makes gurgling sounds as the blood comes from his mouth.

 

With tears in his eyes, Michael says, “Nothing! That you have done here has been for the good.” The children walk into the room and gather behind Michael as he continues. “I am the oldest and I am nine. Regardless of what you feel you have accomplished, what you have given the world is a truth of sorrow and pain for the fulfillment of your own joy. You stick us, cut us, and beat us all for test. Why would you create something just to not let it grow and nurture it? Instead, you abuse and neglect what you were so happy to call yours. We did not ask to be here and although you may have created us, that does not mean you can do whatever you want and not suffer the consequences which you so rightfully deserve.” He says looking into the doctors’ eyes emotionless.

The other children take him by the arms, as Michael steps away grabbing a shovel to add more coal to the furnace. Carmen comes forward and squats in front of the doctor with her head resting on her arm.

“Are the books true?” She asks him excitedly. The doctor throws his head back unable to speak. “Oh, yeah, I forget sometimes that not everyone is like us.” She says closing her eyes.

“Are they?” She asks him through his mind.

“Why would it matter?” He responds not shocked at her entering his thoughts which she had done before.

“What does matter?” She thinks turning her head.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You ask Why would it matter? So, I want to know what matters so that you may answer my question.”

 

“Somethings but not everything in books is real. Now please help me get out and I will teach you more.” He pleas with her with wide dead eyes of fear.

 

“Mmh?”

She laughs aloud and the other children do too.

 “We will all help you get out. Why did you create us?” She asks getting up and blinking her eyes as she takes the shovel from Michael.

“Because I was the only one who could.” He says with no emotion.

 

“WAS IT WORTH IT!” Michael yells his thought at Newmon making him fall back.

 They drag him, as he kicks and screams and pleas. They force him in the furnace and lock it back. As they watch the doctor scream and fight to get out, with a smile they sit down and hum 'hush little baby don’t you cry.’  Once the Doctor stopped screaming, the children left the room one by one excepts for Michael and Carmen. He takes the doctors key card and leaves the room with a little less anger in his heart and his mother’s box in his arms.

 

As they exit the building on the roof, they start racing, but as they realize that there is nowhere to go but down, they stop at the darkness. He looks down into the trench, only darkness.

 

“You never told me what your name was?” He jokes to the girl.

 

“Carmen, it is nice to really meet you, Michael.” She yells as she jumps off the cliff.

 

 Without even a second thought he jumps into the foggy, dark abyss and the rest soon follow.




© 2023 Mskendra Renee


Author's Note

Mskendra Renee
ok so far all chapters have been updated please read and give me your feedback also ill do honest feedback to go and read your writings as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
Added on July 3, 2015
Last Updated on December 7, 2023
Tags: horror, fear, good stories


Author

Mskendra Renee
Mskendra Renee

Gainesville, FL



About
I am fun lol that's pretty much it but i would love everyone's opinion please don't hold back! Constructive criticism is OK in my book don't sugar anything . I want to read all of your opinions and I .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Mskendra Renee