Chapter Three and Four

Chapter Three and Four

A Chapter by Mskendra Renee
"

Aurora's story

"

Chapter Three



Doctor Henji closes the door behind him as he turns to follow the nurse. The building was small and since their place of business was appointment based there usually was not more than five or six people or staff. In the front of the building was a waiting room, bathrooms, and a check in desk. One door leading into a hallway with six doors. The first four doors were for patients, and another door was a break room and the other leading to the back alley behind the building where they emptied their trash.

"Are you one of the new interns? We have another nurse here by the last name Hawkins."

" Yes, I usually work in the afternoon but I’m working the morning shift today." She says calmly.

"What room is she in?" Dr. Henji asks, following her down the hall.

 

She continues walking ignoring his question, stopping at the last door. Opening the door to the lab he goes in first as she walks in behind him. A big man slips into the room just before she closes the door. She pulls out a pistol with a silencer and shoots him in the back of the head. 

He makes a gurgling sound as the man slowly drops to the floor. Another man comes into the room with a white blanket and while they wrap up the body, she watches the hallway. They pick up the heavy body and carry the dead meat out the back door. They place the body into the back of a van letting Doctor Newmon, another nurse and two more men through the back door. Doctor Newmon puts on Dr. Henji’s name tag as the nurse takes a tray of needles from one of the men and they start going down the hallway.

“You go sit at the desk and sound off if anyone comes.” Sarah instructs the two men and nurse.

As their going to their designated spots another nurse comes out from the breakroom behind them towards the exit. Without waiting a second, she turns and starts running towards the exit. One of the men pulls out a pistol with a silencer and takes her down with one shot to the head. Newmon takes the gun from his hands and strikes him in the face.

“What a waste.” He says as he takes the gun and shoots the man between his eyes. As his body drops to the ground, Newmon hands the gun to the other man and wipes the blood off his face with the man’s tie.

Walking down the hallway back to Aurora’s room they are stopped when the receptionist comes to let Dr. Henji knows she is going on break and seems to have misplaced her name tag. She stops and looks at the nurses, men, and doctor who she had never seen in the building. She is about to say something until she sees doctor Henji’s name tag on the mysterious man in a lab coat and her name tag on the woman she saw earlier approaching her. Before she could say anything or move, nurse Sarah raises her gun and shoots her in her head causing the young receptionist to fall to the ground. They catch her and lower her slowly to the ground and then Sarah steps over the nurse and locks the front door and flips the sign to close. The men drag the body into the closest examination room. Afterwards, they go out the exit door coming back in with a machine. Dr. Newmon and Sarah enter Auroras room first.

“Hello Ms. Stern, I am sorry, but Dr. Henji is doing an emergency procedure on a patient. So, I'll be finishing your procedure." Doctor Newmon says as the two other men enter the room  with a machine that looks like a weird lab experiment. 

“What is that?" She gasps.

It was long and big and had four needles sticking out of the ends. Big enough to cover a person's entire body. She stared in horror, not paying attention to Sarah as she came next to her and cleaning her arm with an alcohol wipe. 

"Nothing you need to worry about. This however.” She says holding something in her hand. “It is an intravenous drip that will put you to sleep. This is standard procedure that way after we're done, you'll have less discomfort honey." The nurse says trying to reassure Aurora ...

“But they hadn't told her she'd be asleep, and she had never seen something so big and scary at a doctor’s office.” Aurora thought to herself as the men pulled the machine closer. "Ouch!" Aurora shouts as the nurse inserts a needle in her arm breaking her thoughts.



"Oh, I'm sorry darling it stings a little bit." The nurse says with a smile. As Aurora goes numb, she suddenly notices something else the nurse brought in. They were three needles, and, on the inside, they were unusual colors. Turning her eyes back to the doctor, she tries to remember the doctor’s name before she fell asleep. 



“Dr. Henji?” She questions in a whisper as she falls asleep.



" Doctor, are you ready to change the world?" Sarah asks the doctor with excitement in her voice.

"Yes, nurse Sarah I am!" He says smiling.

 The second man comes into the room with restraints. He and the other man put restraints around Aurora’s hands and feet and then positioned the large machine over her body.

" Put a gag in her mouth and stop the drip, she needs to be awake!" He barked at her.

 Sarah does and in   a few seconds Aurora awakes. She becomes wide eyed as she realizes the horrifying machine is over her body. She notices that the machine has a power cord leading to the wall and a lever. She sees the backs of two men as they leave out of the room, and she begins to scream.

" Shut the door!" He says taking off the lab coat.

" Look you need to calm down, we're not here to hurt you, we're going to give you a baby." Sarah says in a condescending voice as if Aurora should be grateful.

He signals for Sarah to begin sticking the needles in. As she lowers the machine onto Aurora’s body, she pushes down and makes one of the needles go into Aurora’s line. Aurora shrieks in pain as she feels whatever was in the needle going into her body.  Aurora starts screaming as loud as she can as Sarah walks over to the lever and waits for Newmon. She stops screaming as she looks down and sees Newmon between her opened legs. She cramps as she feels the cold of the Catheter enter her. Once he has done, he goes over to the needles and comes to where her head is. Aurora begins to cry as Newmon signals for Sarah to pull the lever.

 

"AAAAHHH" Aurora screams as bolts of electricity comes through the needles into her body.

He tells Sarah to stop as one by one they repeat the process as he loads the other two needles into her iv. He takes one last needle from his pocket and puts it directly into her heart. Aurora passes out and Dr. Newmon and Sarah begin to take out the needles and move the machine away. After a couple minutes, Aurora begins to jerk and shake violently as her eyes become blood shot red.

“AH!” She screams out and then gasps for air before she faints back onto the bed.

  Mr. Newmon puts two fingers on her neck to check her pulse.

"She’s ok, have the men come in and get her. We need to move and tell them to be careful." He says smiling taking off his gloves and throwing them away.

 

Moments later as they have cleaned up anything that would tie them to the scene and made sure no one else was in the building. They had already loaded the machine into the van and were now loading Aurora in. But what they did not count on was that Tori had come to the front door of the building but could not get in. She thought if she went to the back of the building she could knock or get threw the back door as Aurora was not answering her phone and she was already late. As she approached the van, someone swung the back door open and for whatever reason out of fear she hid behind a near by dumpster. She felt silly and was going to come out and let them know why she was there, but she noticed the men had guns.

 

She saw them loading up Auroras body and was waiting patiently for them to get in so that she could get her. They threw her bag in next, and she saw Auroras box that her birth parents left her.

She saw as the doctor and two nurses came out looking up and down the alley for anyone. Two of the men got into the front of the van and the doctors and nurses got into a car parked in front of it. Before they could start up the vehicles, Tori took her chance and creeped up the back of the van. She slowly and quietly opens the back door to the horror of seeing her best friend passed out and strapped onto a table. She climbs into the van, leaving the door slightly open. She tries to wake up Aurora. Without any luck, she begins trying to unstrap her when she hears the door of the van close. She turned around in terror to Dr. Newmon with a needle in his hand. She rushes at him as he grabs her by the neck sticking the needle into her throat and her dropping to the ground unconscious. He crouches over her body and slowly rubs her hair.

 

“Today must be my lucky day.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Four

 

Awakening with an ache in her stomach, she jolts up throwing up unto the floor. She wipes her mouth and begins to panic as she realizes her clothes have changed and she is no longer in the doctor’s office. She was inside a separate glass room inside of a tall building with similar glass rooms lined up next to her. She looks around and there is what she believes to be nurses and doctors everywhere. She is laying in a white bed with one pillow and sheet, in the corner of the room there is a toilet and a sink. She gets up and gets her balance as she paces rapidly to a sliding door at the other end of the room.

 

“Please, hey! Someone tells me what is going on! Where am I?" She roared as she banged on the door. Sarah notices her and strolls up to the door.

"Hi, Ms. Stern, my name is Sarah, I'm the nurse that was at the clinic when you got inserted, do you recall? Well, it really does not matter. I will be your caregiver during your pregnancy. Are you feeling dizzy at all?" She asks observing Aurora and writing into her clipboard.

"What the hell is this? Release me!" Bawled Aurora as she whacks at the glass wishing it were the nurse’s face instead.

 

"I need for you to calm down Ms. Stern, now in order to assist you I need you to answer all of my enquiries. Now as some good news you’re pregnant, and as a safety precaution were going to keep you here until you deliver the baby. We will make sure your fed properly and given exercise and take your medicine. Now, your medicine given to you through a shot, you will get this injection every--"

 

"Shut up, let me out of here! I am pregnant? What do you want with me and my baby? I do not need a safety precaution; I am not dumb!" She stops as she notices a screen behind the nurse. It has a picture of her and an outline of her body with three sections: Human enhance, animal, and insect.

"Just calm down, we’ve kept you asleep for a couple of weeks and your body needs to recover from not moving so please sit down."

"What the hell is that? Is that... In my baby? What did you do?” She cries out while clutching her stomach which was now bigger than what she remembered.

 

The nurse just grins saying, “Everything is going to be fine; you and the other women are fortunate enough to be here for our study. Your babies are going to be unique. He or she will be strong, heightened senses and be able to heal whenever hurt. As the child grows, he or she may develop more abilities then even we know. Oh, look it is time for your injection.” She said as two men come up behind her.

" How more women are here?" She asks in fear.

The nurse walks between them an goes to the big screen Aurora mentioned. Aurora, scared and afraid, backs up from the door as one of the men use a keycard to open it.

 

“We need for you to be calm and lay on the bed please." Barks one of the men as she backs up to one of the walls.

 

 He comes over and clutches her arm, and for reason, she felt the need to run as if something bad was going to happen. She takes his hand and breaks it while bending it back, then taking her leg and kneeing him in the face. Rushing at her, the other man lashes out at her, but she moves making her way to the toilet. As he comes at her again, she yanks the toilet seat and uses it to strike him in the head. She never had a fight in her life, and she knew she was not strong enough to tear that toilet seat off in one motion using only one hand. But she had no time to contemplate about how she did it, she needed to get her and her baby out of that place. Using one of the men’s keycards, she opens the door then leaps to the bottom of the steps. The alarm goes off and the nurses and doctors leave the room. Four men run into the room with guns. They aimed their guns at her   and were about to fire as Dr. Newmon came out of a door to another room.

 

“No, do not shoot her, it is the baby! Its somehow helping her, we need the baby unharmed.” He pointed out as he looks at her. Taking her chance, she runs in the other direction through a door and then jumping up steps and then going through a door into a hallway, where four more men awaited her and past them the door to the roof top.

 

  She looks around to see if there is something she can fight her way out with ... but there is nothing. She darts at them as one comes at her; he swings at her, but she dodges his punch and blows the next guy in the stomach. The next one comes with a baton as he attempts to strike her on her head. She seizes the baton from his hands as she kicks him in the groin area. The first man she dodged comes at her from behind, but she can hear him coming up, even smell him. She takes the baton and smashes him in the neck twice then uses all her force to kick him back. The next one comes with a knife; he tries to stab her but misses just barely wounding her arm. She turns around grabbing his hand and placing it on her low right side. Then taking her left arm to elbow him in the face, she then breaks his right wrist.

Dropping the knife in her hand, she slits his throat as she twists back around. His body hits the ground, and she starts to run again but is tasered and stopped. She snatches the taser from her body, ropes it around her arm and tugs it out of the man’s hand. She goes at him, while the man behind him fires his taser at her. She runs up onto the side of the wall to get away from the taser. When she gets close enough, she kicks him in the face knocking him out, then punches the last man in his stomach. As he crunches over in pain, she takes her left leg and swings it around his neck and uses her body to flip him onto his back. Landing on her feet, she takes off running. She sees the exit as a metal door coming down is closing in front of her.

 

“No, no stop!" She crashes into the metal door. She turns around to find another way out but there is a glass door comes down and closes her in. She runs to the glass barrier and tries breaking it. Kicking and punching anything so it can break and crack the glass. Leaving her bloody knuckle prints as a reminder of her failed attempts, gas from the ceiling was pouring over her. What could she do?

 

"Please stop, let me go ... let me go... let me...” As her face hits the cold white tiled floor, she sees Newmon and his men walking up to her. Why her? Why her baby? Were they going to kill her and her baby? She closes her eyes as the doors where opening and Newmon and his men entered.

 

"This is the things I hire you guys to prevent!  What would have happened if she had gotten out? We need her baby; tell Sarah we need better security for the other test subjects! I want all the men eradicated; seems I’m going to have enough trouble with the women alone." He exploded in frustration as the men pick up her limp body. Although they could not see the changes that had already taken hold on her body, Dr. Newmon knew this was the start of everything he had been working for and was excited for what was to come. 



© 2023 Mskendra Renee


Author's Note

Mskendra Renee
ignore grammar problems lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Mskendra,
Greetings from Julie, over here in Australia. I would consider that this is very graphic and vivid, potentially for a teen market. You may need to tidy up your punctuation (capital letters and apostrophes).
Does the story build to a climax, you can have too much exciting action to soon. Maybe you could work on a climax to your plot, a real cliffhanger. It could be very appealing to people who like that horror/gothic genre. Well done, regards from Julie.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much Julie, this is just a draft for the beginning of the movie i will later , make a scre.. read more
Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

this is a new version with more details :-)



Reviews

Greetings from Julie. Great graphic write, in that genre, full of gore. Gruesome. You set the scene well, very descriptive. I consider you could edit, maybe reduce length of sentences, a few spelling and punctuation errors, nothing major. I have tutored some teens who would love this as a book or film.
Well done! Regards, and keep writing, Julie.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

thanks once again ! well I think about the sentences because they are pretty long lol
Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

oh and that's really cool I'm actually planning on making this into a movie. I got inspired to do th.. read more
I like it. I think you have a great idea. However, I think it needs to flow more smoothly. Try to describe what's going on in the lab and add more details to give the reader a mental picture.

xoxo

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

yes thanks very muvh after a while ill rewrite this .:-)
this sets the scene well and i look forward to how it will read when you have finished your research. i like the detail about humming the tune the to mock the scientist, i can see that happening

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

this is a new version with more details :-)
louwilding

8 Years Ago

i like the extra history it really lets us understand more about this boy. there are a few words in .. read more
Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reviewing my work :-)
This is basically who the movies starts.. the opening act so to speak!! It si a great start, would capture the audience as a film,
As a story yes it need more dialogue and details with the setting , the room, the cage, the doctor, etc.
But great start!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

ive just posted Extermination beginning part one . It explain more about the doctor and where the li.. read more
Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

this is a new version with more details :-)
Dear Mskendra,
Greetings from Julie, over here in Australia. I would consider that this is very graphic and vivid, potentially for a teen market. You may need to tidy up your punctuation (capital letters and apostrophes).
Does the story build to a climax, you can have too much exciting action to soon. Maybe you could work on a climax to your plot, a real cliffhanger. It could be very appealing to people who like that horror/gothic genre. Well done, regards from Julie.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much Julie, this is just a draft for the beginning of the movie i will later , make a scre.. read more
Mskendra Renee

8 Years Ago

this is a new version with more details :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on December 7, 2023
Tags: horror, in progress, draft


Author

Mskendra Renee
Mskendra Renee

Gainesville, FL



About
I am fun lol that's pretty much it but i would love everyone's opinion please don't hold back! Constructive criticism is OK in my book don't sugar anything . I want to read all of your opinions and I .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Mskendra Renee