Episode 2: Chapter 5: Upset

Episode 2: Chapter 5: Upset

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 5 of Episode 2 of Order of Seasons

"

Jacob pulled out his katana as he and his team rose up on one of the platforms to face off against Team SSSN. He was completely focused. He was ready to show the world what he could do on the battlefield. As the platform rose into the arena, he raised his sword high in the air with confidence. The crowd roared in anticipation and in reverence of his confidence. Meanwhile Team SSSN just stood there calm and relaxed, seeming like they were just having a good time.

            “Just because you guys are first years and friends of our friends doesn’t mean we’ll go easy on you.” Sun said with a quick smirk. Jacob didn’t pay any heed to his remarks, but his teammates did.

            “Hey! Watch your mouth smart aleck!” Brooklyn yelled.

            “I just hope you guys are prepared to lose.” Ty said lifting his sword onto his shoulder.

            “Good luck all of you!” Christy said with a smile as she got her axes into battle-ready mode. With that said, the biome selector began to spin. The first result was the savannah biome on the side of Team JCTB, and then right after that the forest biome was selected. Everybody got set for the battle, and the horn sounded beginning the fight. Sun and Scarlet immediately jumped back into the forest area while Neptune started taking shots at his opponents and Sage rushed right towards Ty. Ty parried Sage’s blow rather easily, but it was clear that the two could be evenly matched in power. Christy and Jacob rushed into the forest after the other two while Brooklyn stopped Neptune from taking any more shots at her teammates, knocking him down to the ground. Neptune quickly got back up and transformed his weapon to trident form and smiled at Brooklyn.

            “You single?”

            “Don’t you have a girlfriend?”

            “Sorry, old habits die hard I guess.”

 

 

 

 

Ty and Sage continued to go back and forth. Surprisingly, Sage managed to gain a step ahead of Ty and knocked him into the high grass of the savannah. Quickly collecting himself, Ty got a good shot in at Sage, but Sage then quickly turned the tables and got a good hit on Ty as well. They then both pulled their blades back and clashed sending a large shockwave out causing all the grass in the field to bend to the power.

 

 

 

 

Brooklyn and Neptune had to brace themselves as the shockwave from Ty and Sage’s attack rolled right past them. But as soon as it passed, Brooklyn resumed her relentless attack on Neptune. Neptune used his trident to parry the attacks from Brooklyn’s scimitar, but it was clear that her weapon had much more mobility than his. But then he got an idea. He jumped away from Brooklyn and started unloading shots at her. She quickly morphed her weapon into shield form, and started to try and rush Neptune head on. But then all of a sudden, he spun around behind her and stabbed her in the back. Brooklyn immediately started to turn around, but then found herself unable to move as Neptune used the electrical currents in his trident to send Brooklyn’s aura down to a flat zero. Brooklyn wasn’t even able to stand after that attack. She just passed out on the ground, leaving Neptune having to let his weapon recharge before moving towards the savannah to where Ty and Sage were fighting.

 

 

 

 

Christy and Jacob continued to chase down Sun and Scarlet deeper and deeper into the forest. Sun was dancing along the trees with great ease, while Scarlet continued to run along the ground weaving back and forth to avoid the blasts from Christy’s shotguns. Jacob was starting to get annoyed. They weren’t even trying to fight back; they just kept running deeper and deeper into the forest. Jacob finally ran out of patience, so he threw a knife at Scarlet to trip him up. Scarlet dodged the knife itself, but not the fireball explosion that followed. Scarlet then tumbled to the ground while Christy continued to chase after Sun and Jacob jumped up to attempt and land a hit on Scarlet. However, Scarlet managed to recover in time, and used the grappling hook portion of his pistol to latch himself onto a tree and pull himself out of the way of Jacob’s attack. Quickly getting back up, he pulled out his cutlass and started trading blows with Jacob.

 

 

 

 

Christy continued to pursue Sun, but it was clear that he had the advantage in the trees. So she decided to pull him out by doubling back and start heading back to where Jacob and Scarlet were going toe to toe. Sun noticed this, spun back around using his tail on one of the trees, and fired a few shots from his staff to slow her down. Christy turned back to face Sun, and morphed her shotguns to axe form. She was ready for close quarters combat, but all of a sudden, Sun clasped his hands together and two light clones of himself appeared. One of them immediately engaged Christy, while the other moved on to where Scarlet and Jacob were fighting. Christy was caught off guard by the light clone, and fell a few steps backwards. She quickly gathered herself and smashed the clone into shards of light. But then Sun came barreling right into her full force with his staff, and knocked her right through one of the trees and flying towards where Jacob and Scarlet were fighting.

 

 

 

 

Scarlet was struggling immensely to keep up with Jacob. While he was good with a sword, he clearly wasn’t on the same level as Jacob. But then out of the blue, one of Sun’s light clones appeared out of nowhere, and barreled right into Jacob, stunning him for a few seconds. Enough time for Scarlet to land a few strikes in before Jacob activated his time dilation state to catch up and parry Scarlet’s blows once again. But in the time it took for him to do this, his time dilation ran out, so he had to finish him off quickly. Jacob then spun around another one of Scarlet’s attacks, and landed a massive blow, sending him flying. But then all of a sudden, Scarlet collided with a flying Christy. The impact knocked Scarlet’s aura down to 3%, while Christy still had about 25% left. She got up, and looked up to see how much aura Jacob had left. He had about 60% while Sun still had 85%. She placed her hand on Jacob’s shoulder and used 10% of her aura to boost him up to about 75%, and then the buzzer sounded signaling she had fallen bellow the threshold.

            “What was that for Christy? We have more strength in numbers!”

            “Look, I was almost done anyways. Better to have you and Ty leading the charge at mostly full health than having me just be cannon fodder. Good luck Jacob.” With that said, Christy started walking off the arena stage, while Jacob immediately began clashing with Sun. Sun was using his complete staff to counter Jacob’s katana, and it looked like neither side was gaining any ground. So out of the blue, Sun jumped away from Jacob and hid himself in the trees. Jacob was initially able to keep up with him, but then lost sight of him after a few seconds. He continued to grow even angrier than he was before.

            “Enough running! Face me you coward!” Then all of a sudden, Jacob heard a rustling in one of the trees. Without wasting any time, he leapt up into the tree and unleashed a powerful strike. But then he noticed he had only sliced through one of Sun’s light clones, and had lodged his sword in the tree. He gave it a quick yank to get it out, but then as he turned to get back down, all he saw was a bright red staff in his face. Sun had been hiding on the branch above and had swung down using his tail to knock Jacob clear off the stage, resulting in a ring out. Jacob collected himself, looked up at the scoreboard and realized that not only was he and Christy out, but so was Brooklyn. And Ty had used up his entire enhanced defense reserve and was losing aura fast.

“This is bad. We’re going to lose.”

 

 

 

 

Ty staggered back a few steps as Sage landed another large blow to his shoulder. Collecting himself, instead of using his sword once again, he instead used his left hand to grab Sage’s sword, and used his right hand to swing his sword dealing a massive hit, dropping Sage’s aura to 12%. Ty quickly checked his aura levels and realized that he still had about 35% aura and he had only Neptune and Sun left to fight.

            “All right, let’s do this.” He turned to try and find his opponents, but then, standing right in front of him, was Neptune with his weapon in trident form. Neptune didn’t waste any time for a quick pun, he just stabbed Ty right in the chest and sent a powerful electrical current throughout his entire body. He couldn’t even find a way to counter the attack. He just took the hit, fell to one knee, and let the buzzer sound signifying that he had lost. Neptune jumped up and down in excitement, and ran over and gave Sun a fist bump and the two danced in celebration. Ty was a bit slow to get up, but then felt a pair of hands on his back and he then felt a bit better. Christy gave up the last bit of her aura to him so that he could at least walk to the platform that lead down to the lockers.

 

 

 

 

As they all put their stuff away, Jacob punched his locker in frustration.

            “What happened out there?! We’re supposed to be better than this!”

            “Take it easy man.” Ty said as he put his sword away. “They were just ready for us this time. We gave it our all, but I guess our style didn’t really match well with theirs. I mean, I was kept at bay for most of the fight, Sun and Scarlet didn’t really give Christy any chance to use her stealth tactics, and your lack of patience didn’t help the situation either.”

            “I…okay I’ll give you that. I did let my temper get the better of me when they ran off and didn’t stand and fight. But what about you Brooklyn? What tripped you up?”

            “I guess he realized that my style is just head on attacks and got me from behind. Nothing more nothing less.”

            “You guys did good though.” They all turned to see Sun and his teammates being lowered down into the lockers after having been officially accepted into the next round. “If everybody except for Sage stood and fought you guys, we wouldn’t have won at all. You guys definitely have a ton of skills that will serve you well next year at the Vytal Festival.”

            “Thanks. That just makes me feel so much better.” Jacob said as he turned to leave.

            “Hey come on man! I’ve seen your style! You’re a great swordsman and a patient person more often than not! What was different today?”

            “I prefer not to talk about it.” Jacob said as he stormed off. As soon as he left, the members of Team RWBY, JNPR, and NEMN all entered the locker rooms. Evan walked over to Christy and gave her a hug, while Weiss did the same for Neptune.

            “What are you guys doing here? Aren’t they about to announce the next fight?” Ty asked.

            “They are, but we figured that if they called one of our teams into battle, then we’re already here.” Ruby said with a smile. “And if not, then we can just grab something to eat for all you guys and go from there.”

            “Convenient!” Natalie said throwing her hands in the air. Everybody got a good chuckle out of this as they turned on the TV to see who was going to be in the next match.

 

 

 

 

            “Are you sure?” Professor Ozpin asked.

            “Of course I am. I mean, I would have preferred the team with the invisible kid, but I think this works out a lot better.”

            “Very well. First thing tomorrow, I’ll call them into my office and explain the situation to them.”

            “Excellent. I can’t wait to see my son again.”



© 2018 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please review/share/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now, what's up with the last part? what do you have in store, Awesome chapter to bad my friends lost the match, but they are still my favorite and they are still learning? Moving on to the next chapter please be kind and return the love,

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2018
Tags: Anime, Action, Adventure, Fan fiction, RWBY

RWBY: Order of Seasons


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.