teach me how to dougie

teach me how to dougie

A Chapter by Emily Dickinson Jr.

The flashes of greens, reds and whites where captivating. The smallness of the world was shocking. Hollie's world view was being shaken to its core and this was only the start. Kael watched in amusement as Hollie pressed her face against the jet's window. They were just now passing the great, mountainous Alps and it was easy for anyone to see that the shocked girl had never before seen a plane.

He didn't want the expression on Hollies face to melt back to her normal chipper. Her current one was much more entertaining and Kael was very bored.

 

 ‘It’s too bad we're almost there. We only have about thirty minutes left in the eastern direction and we'll be there.'

 

"Hey! Hey, Kael? Why you no smile? Lookie! The big hillies are so teeny tiny! They look even teenier than I do!"

 

"I don't know LiLi. I suppose I'm just bored is all. I’ve been on jet many times before."

 

"Is that what this is; a jet?"

"Yeah."

 

As if the gods were giggling at Kael behind their cushiony clouds a melody filled the air. It was Teach me how to dougie by Cali Swag.

CRASH!

 

His phone had vibrated straight out of his pocked and landed noisily on the polished tile beneath his feet. Hollie’s didn't quite reach. He pounced like a lion on its prey. The phone was clutched quickly between his long fingers. His hair was disheveled, and his butt was sticking straight up in the air. Hollie was on the floor too. Her face was bright red and she was trembling something terrible. She couldn't breathe but it didn't bother her much. Great gales of laughter surrounded the two. Hollies laughter was uncontrollable. It seemed like the roles had been reversed. This time Kael was the one pouting and Hollie was smirking through her great, heaving gasps. In fact the smirk was in the same exact angle Kael's usually was. I guess someone didn't tell Kael that mimicry is the greatest form of flattery.

 

Right as the last note of and I hate skinny jeans 'cause the burner keeps rubbin! (Oh!) Rang out, Kael was able to press the glowing green telephone symbol.

 

“Hello? This is Kael the dangerous, the sexy, and the single. How can I help, help, help you?"

 

"You better hope you're not acting sexy and single Mr. Johnson!" boomed out of his tiny black phone.

 

He gulped harshly, his prominent Adams apple moving up and down shakily.

 

"I'm just calling to see how my baby girl is doing."

 

“Amy?"

 

"It's Ms. Deshana to you soldier!"

 

"How, how did you get my cell number? Wait, do I even want to know?"

 

"Just as agents have ways of finding the addresses of single moms, this single mom has ways of finding numbers of strange men that have their daughters. And no you don't want to know and I wouldn't tell you even if you did."

 

"We had a deal!”

 

 Yes, yes we did, but I know as well as you that you manipulated me. If I didn't know for a fact Hols is too young and innocent to do so I would say she did as well. Of course after the emotional rush was gone I had realized the insanity of the situation. What do you take me for, a fool?"

 

"Of course no-"

 

"Either way I'm here to tell you that I will be keeping in contact with Hollie via mail. Also, I will periodically call you for updates and no you won't know when it's happening so you have best stay on those two feet of yours and firmly!"

 

"Wait, how do you know my unit's address? Who is your informant? How in the worl-."

 

"That is none of your business. I have ways many ways. Deshana women have our secrets. I think you truly must be the fool sir if you think Hollie's talent was a fluke. She is not the first nor will she be the last. I will tell you nothing, so don’t bother. Hollie knows nothing either. Good day sir."

 

He just lay sprawled with a sweat drop on his forehead.

 

'When I left that woman I had no questions. I probably should have known it was too easy. But now... now I have only questions and no answers at all.'

 

Kael was left with the impression that Ms. Deshana really didn't care what he was or wasn't curious about. In fact he was kind of insulted in how the tiny woman talked over him and completely controlled the conversation. The only inkling that he gave Hollie of his thoughts was his succinct comment of,

 

"What the?"

 

This of course resulted in another round of sprawling laughter. Kael suddenly realized how he must look sprawled on the floor like a girl chasing her lipstick. He sprung up like he was electrocuted with a rather unmanly squeak. This really wasn't helping Hollies breathless position.

 

"Huff, Huff! Kael where here! Are we here? We are aren't we, aren't we?"

 

She was right the jet was quickly getting closer to a big expanse of dessert sand. As they drew closer the tan expanse grew defined and hilly. Closer and closer they drew still and eventually they could see a grey dot. Soon that doubt turned massive. It was a grey cave and it looked completely massive. It went on for what seemed like miles.

 

“This is it Hollie. This is our new home."

 

"This is the place that's gonna give me a better world? It's our new world?"

 

"Yes, Hollie. Your world, my world, and the world of so many others."

 

"It's beautiful."

 

The place wasn't anything to look twice at. It was rough and it was stone. From the outside it looked little else than a cave. It wasn't how it looked that mattered to Hollie though. It was the sentiment. It was what it represented and the fact that Kael would be there right with her. That she wouldn't be alone. The fact that with her big blond goofball she knew she'd feel safer in the rough cave than in her big brick, school, and her big brick home. No matter how many locks they might have had.

 



© 2012 Emily Dickinson Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good! Can't wait for more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

lol Im on it!! :-D
Hi Emily, Again an excellent level of diallogue, intrigue and suspense with an element of surprise.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

lol thanx!!!! I'm glad your enjoying it. its my first attempt at a book after all.
Exceptional and very amusing... *Deshana women have our secrets. I think you truly must be the fool sir if you think Hollie's talent was a fluke. She is not the first nor will she be the last.* Intrigueing what she said about that last bit, can't wait to find out more in this very believable yet uber exciting story. Very descriptive and well penned indeed!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

im glad your enjoying the story!!! and thanx so much for reading :-)
Castonovia

11 Years Ago

My pleasure ;p
You have the ideal "voice" for storytelling.. From a writer's standpoint, I've never had much luck with short stories...there seems to be a line between poetic evocations and straightforward descriptions, which a writer must traverse in order to be an effective writer of prose...I always seem to fall into the poetic end of the pool, leading to my stories being written off as "wordy." I'd say you walk that line without missing a beat though. Great stuff^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

thanx so much!!!! this is my first book so im glad you think its turning out well :-)
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
Wow, you got everything to rhyme anyway!

Posted 11 Years Ago


LadyBug

11 Years Ago

lol This would make a great book if you ever decide to publish it.
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

maybe I will someday but this is my very first one soo im sure it'll change quite a bit along the wa.. read more
LadyBug

11 Years Ago

Can't wait :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 18, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012


Author

Emily Dickinson Jr.
Emily Dickinson Jr.

FL



About
Im just a highschool girl. Writing is my hobby and I think Im fairly good at it but I leave you to be the judge of that. :-) my best short stories are: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/poisinros.. more..

Writing