case closed

case closed

A Chapter by LynLee

I woke up bright and early at five o'clock. The sun was beating in my face from the window,"Yay something to look forward to when school starts." I turned to the bottom of my bed to see Anna. "Anna, Anna wakie wakie!"

"Hmm, what?"

"I think we may need to call the cops."

"What! Why?!"

"Well we know who killed you. Whether he's here or not. He still killed you." Anna stared at me in disbelief. I knew it was the right thing to do, but we have to. "Please let me think about it. I mean he's special to both of us." It was true, he was special to both of us, but I wanted to know why. We ate breakfast early too. Everyone was so quiet. "Huf, so did you girls sleep good?"

"Yeah we slept perfectly fine!" Anna turned to me with a look as sharp as a butcher knife. I didn't talk, I didn't want to talk. Especially to my dad. I was taking out the trash after we ate breakfast. I hated doing it, but my mom payed me five bucks! I was putting the lid back on, when suddenly I was being pulled down. He had his hand over my mouth. I was trying to scream for help, but I couldn't get anything out. I tried to turn around and when I could I gasped. It was,"Becca! Becca!!! Sweety are you alright?! You collapsed and fell!"

"Oh, I did? I guess i'm still a little tired. That's all. I'm just gunna go back to bed then. Okay." I was lying on the groound having the vision again. When I got to my room I collapsed on my bed. I was worn out. I had no clue why. "Becca! Becca! Are you okay?! Your mom told me what happened." It was Jake as concerned as ever. "Please tell me your okay."

"I'm fine, i'm fine. No loss of blood or anything. I just got worn out, that's all." I felt like I was going to be saying that alot, but soon it would all be over.

(*)

My parents set up my TV and DVD player in my room,"Finally." I thought. My dad walked over. "That'll be fifty bucks." He smiled at me and laughed to himself. I just walked away saying nothing. He walked out of my room talking to himself. "Anna sweety. Do you want to go shopping? You can't wear Becca's clothes forever!" my mom started laughing to herself with the thought of 'forever'. Anna said," Sure! I would love to!"

"Sorry Becs, I don't konw if you should come."

"That's okay. You can let it be a surprise." My mom smiled at me and ran her fingers through my hair. She kissed me on the forehead and got up. "Okay we'll be back!"

I watched to make sure they had gone all the way down the road and around the corner. I picked up my phone and dialed 911. "This is 911. What is your emergency?"

"Yes I have a anonomyous tip."

"Okay. What is your tip?"

"The case of Anna Burlow. I know who killed her." I talked to the woman for a good twenty minutes. "Okay. I will send over a cop car. There will be two cops. Tell them what you know and they will do there best to help you."

"Thank you." When she said that, it made me feel like I needed to go to a mental hospital or something,"Okay they will do there best to help you." A few minutes later my mmom pulled up. The cops pulled up after them. First the cops talked to my mom. Anna came running inside,"You called the cops!"

"I don't care who he is! He killed you and deserves justice! Plus yo may be able to escape!"

"Escape? What do you mean?"

"Well on this website it says, "If a soul is trapped or given a faate of killing or helping people it may be because there killer was not found. If there killer is brought to justice they should be set free." See you'll be free! He's been gone for so long already, I don't care what happens to him anymore!" Anna stared at me. "Wow. I'll really be free."

"Yes. You will. As long as the police can get him to confess."

"I know how to do that."

(*)

"That's crazy! I didn't kill anyone! I havn't even been here for the past years!"

"Oh, but you have. This here says you rented a house up the road. The very day Anna was murdered!"

"I was visiting family! I was raised here ya know!"

"All your family is gone. All you have is wife and daughter. Raised an only child, you have no family."

"I do!"
"Then stop making them ask questions! Just confess!"

"I have nothing to confess! My family is my family! Whether they like it or not!"

"What have you done over the past years?"

"I've been serving over seas."

"Oh and you were a, what again?"

"A commander."

"You have to very much earn that spot. How'd you get it."

"It's none of your business!"

"Oh, but it is! In law it states,"Anything can come forth into solving a murder." Even military secrets. We only want to keep our citizens safe sir."

"I have nothing to confess." Then Anna came into the room. She stood beside him and whispered into his ear,"You must confess. If you don't you will serve in Hades FOREVER!!!!" He jumped at the sound of forever. "OKay, OKAY!! Just stop, please! I did it! I committed the murder! The military was suppose to shp this microchip to my house for safe keeping, thinking,"No one will ever think I would have it.", but something got messed up and shipped it to Anna's. Surely she opened it and they told me,"Do anything to get it.". I didn't mean to cut her. I ran and the knife slid. I didn't mean to do it." He was in tears now. I could barely hear what he was saying. The officers put his hands in cuffs and took him to the car. Anna was beside me now."Well what now? I thought I was supposse to go to the light or somethin'?"

"Tonight at twelve o'clock." We stared at the car pull out of the drive-way. I can't believe my dad had done that to get a microchip. Who cares what was on it. You don't walk up to someone and threaten to kill them, even if you did, just go to the front door, show them the badge you have and surely they would have given it to you. I shook my head and walked inside. We put candles and things around the front door. We layed rose pettles down too. It was eleven fifty. Jake had come over. He brought flowers and layed them at the door. Me and Anna had planned the night. We would set pettles and candles around the door and at twelve she would walk through it and be lifted. We all hugged and told her what we had thought about her. A good things. Jake talked about there past and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed, deeply. I told the story of how we met and how she pressed her hand to my forehead and everything. I left no detail out. The clock chimed. One minute until twelve. I hugged Anna and led her to the door,"Becca, Thank you so much. You are truly my sister and I Love you. One day we will meet again. It may not be fortunate for you..." I stopped her,"Why would it be unfortunate to see my sister." We smiled at eachother and she started to tear up. The clock chimed twelve. She held all of our hands and hugged us one last time. She stepped out the door adn she floated up. I stared at her as she floated off. "I Love you Anna." The light went off into a bright flash. She was gone, into a better place. My mom and Jake walked into the kitchen. She had baked a cake that had "Good bye Anna" on it. I stayed on the steps staring at the sky. I had wondered if she was a star or something. Then a shooting satr had passed. That was her saying "i'm okay." I stayed there all night. I figured, it was the best thing to do.

THE END 



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I did NOT expect that! I liked the ending, too, with Anna going through the door. one thing I noticed is that you spelt petals as pettles, so maybe just do a quick switch there and you'll be fine. GREAT job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! I wasn't expecting it to be the dad. I was almost 100% sure it was Jake. Which means that you crafted a good story. You got the reader thinking and thew them for a complete loop at the end. Nice work!

My only comment: I think it would be a good idea to make the dad act startled or shocked when he sees Anna the first time. But you don't have to. Its just fine the way it is. As a military person, he would be good at hiding his emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmn! Good story :)

The end could have been better crafted. It seems you have hurried to end the story, dear LynLee :)
Perhaps I didn't like the case that her dad kill Anna! But there are points to think of:- If the dad killed Anna, then when Becca introduced her to dad, he would not have met so nicely. Instead he would have behaved differently.

But really appreciate your write. Pl write on and keep it up :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2010
Last Updated on January 1, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee