the storm

the storm

A Chapter by LynLee

Me and Anna went out for a walk before Jake came to pick us up. The weatherman said that today was suppose to be a beautiful day, but the sky was gray and dark. Anna started to walk faster than she said," I want to go back. I really don't like the way the sky looks." I turned too her and said,"Okay we'll go back home." Right then my phone started buzzing. It was Jake," Hey guys, sorry but we're going to haveto cancel. There calling for a tornado watch. They say it may come in like thirty minutes." I turned to Anna and tried to show a good face, but she knew something was bad. "If you like my mom is in town at work and I don't want to be alone especially when a tornado might come, so if you can comem to my house." I turned to Anna and said, "We need to go." She gave me a really worried expression. We started running to Jake's house when it hit us. We could see the tornado it was only about ten miles up the road. It wasn't very big, but it big enough to sweep us off our feet. We started running the other way. I pulled out my phone and called Jake,"WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!" 

"I LIVE AT 1653 CORS LANE!" I hung up and started running faster. He was only a few houses away. I ran up to his door step. The tornado was getting closer and faster. I banged on the door. When he didn't answer Anna slipped through it and opened the other side. I ran through and searched the house. We couldn't find him. We finally found a trap door and slipped through it. The tornado was much closer and we were getting scared. We jumped inside and I felt something by my foot, I screamed and climbed into the corner. The thing started moving and when it came into the light I saw it was Jake. "Becca is that you?"

"Me and Anna."

"I'm sorry I must have fell asleep."

"That's okay. We were taking a walk, but then the tornado kind of freaked us out."

"Well it's a good thing I don't live to far away." We all laughed and took somee blankets and curled up. Anna didn't need a blanket because she couldn't feel anything. Jake sat up against the wall and curled up beside me. I put my head on his shoulder and fell asleep. Anna curled up beside me and fell asleep in my lap.

About two hours later I woke up to a light shining in my face. I pulled the blanket off of me and stretched out. I looked up and saw the door to the trap door was open. I got up and saw that Jake and Anna were gone. I crawled up the ladder and could smell bacon and eggs! I was so hungry. I looked at the clock and saw it was five o'clock. I didn't care and walked to where the smell was coming from. I walked into the kitchen and saw Jake playing on the stove. "What are you doing?"

"Oh hey. I'm fixing breakfast for dinner."

"Ohhh yummy.I'm starving!" He smiled at me and went back to cooking. I walked up the stairs and saw a door. It said,Jake's room." I walked inside and saw pictures on his night desk. There was a picture of me on,'How did he get that?' I saw pictures of him and Anna of when they were littler. They were so cute. I walked into his bathroom and found some cologne underneath his sink. It smelled so good and decided to keep it. I wanted Anna to smell it. I sprayed some on me and walked downstairs. I saw Anna watching TV. I walked behind her when she suddenly jumped up and pulled my hair again. "Anna what are you doing!!" I kept yelling at her, but she wouldn't let go. Jake ran into the room and pulled on Anna. He held her around the stomach and pulled her off. She had been pulling my hair as hard as she could and when Jake had thrown her on the couch I screamed,"What was that! Why were you doing that to me?! You know I wouldn't hurt you!"  She only looked at me and panted. I looked at her with big eyes. "I'm sorry. That, that cologne, it's what my killer was wearing." I stared at her then back at Jake. "Jake I found the cologne in your bathroom. Why do you have it?"

"I got it about a week ago. I thought it would  be good to wear when I went on the date with you." I stared at them both,"Anna you know I didn't kill you. How could I have lived with myself if I did."

We all stared at eachother and I finally said," Okay well he just bought it so he couldn't of killed you. Besides how could he  have killed you. Ya'll were best friends. He couldn't have." Anna sighed and walked into the kitchen. "Dinner's ready!" she yelled. I looked at Jake, but he was looking at his feet with a worried look. I walked into the kitchen and a few minutes later he came in. "Yum, this looks good!" Anna looked up and smiled. Jake sat beside me adn started eating. He still had that worried look on his face, but I just ignored it. I didn't want to bring up the subject. I ate my dinner than we watched a movie.    



© 2009 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it and I thought it was great, but it was kind of unrealistic that he had fallen asleep with a tornado so close to his house. I also think it went a little too fast, like maybe explain a little more how much they were scared when they were running from the tornado. I liked the twist at the end, that the cologne was the same kind that her killer wore. It was interesting and I didn't expect it at all. I wonder what happens next..... I guess I'll just have to read and find out! I hope you keep writing and I think your story rocks!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow.... What a twist! So Jake had the same cologne that her killer was wearing yet he's supposedly her friend. Excellent job with this chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee