movies

movies

A Chapter by LynLee

She picked out a dress. I looked at her and said,"A dress?"

"Yes. Jake deserves a dress you know."

Smiling I put it on. It was purple and had flowers on the skirt, it had a had two thin straps on each shoulder. The top was just a plain purple. She said, "that's perfect. Just let me fix your hair." I gave her a worried look and she said,"Oh don't worry. I wanted to be a hairstylist. I practiced at the local salon almost everyday."

"Okay." I said, still worried," just don't do anything to serious." She went inside my bathroom and pulled out some curlers. She put them carefully in my hair and let them sit. About twenty minutes later she took them out and started to put my hair into ponytails and braids. When she finished she had put my bangs to the side with loose curls hanging around where she clipped up my hair. " Wow. This is amazing. Thanks!"

"Oh it was nothing!"

Right then the doorbell rang. I ran and answered it and Anna hung back. Jake was standing there with a small bouquet of flowers. He smiled and I gave a bigger smile back. I turned to Anna and she was smiling too. He said,"Um, these are for you. I hope your not allergic?"

"Thanks and i'm not." I smelled them and he rubbed his hand on the back of his head. "Well I guess we should get going."

"That would be awesome." I walked out the door and Anna was standing on the other side of him. When we started to walk out the door he put his hand into mine. I looked up at him and smiled, but he just pulled me onto the sidewalk. We started to get near the movies when he turned to me and said, "You know when you said that your best friend's name was Anna that made me get a flash back of my friend Anna."

"Oh did this Anna mean a lot to you?"

"Well yeah she did. She um, got killed by someone. They slit her throat. the police had no clues to who did it."

"Oh wow that sounds really bad." winking at Anna still standing next to me. I turned to him and said,"How much did she mean to you?"

"A lot. People said she liked me, but I didn't like her like that. I liked her as if she was my sister."

"Oh that must be a lot."

"Yup it was." I wondered what he might have told her if she was here right now. Well since she was.."If she was here right now what would you tell her?" He paused clutching my hand harder. "If she was here right now I would tell her that I..."

"I...... what?"

"That I love her. And that I wish she was still here." I turned to look at Anna and she was just staring at him. She almost looked like she was going to cry. We kept walking and I had to go through her which gave me a cold feeling. I took my hand out of his and rubbed my arms. "Are you cold? Here yakemy jacket." He draped his jacket around he and held me by the shoulders. I put my arms into the sleeves, it was a little to big, but he still put his hand into mine. We walked up to the box office and he said,"two tickets to Robots vs. Aliens please." I looked up at him and he said, "this movie is suppose to be good." I looked at him and smiled.  I wasn't exactly into these kind of movies, but if I can hide behind Jake than I think i'll be good. I turned to look at Anna and she held up two thumbs. She must have liked these movies. We walked up to the consession stand and Jake ordered a medium popcorn. " This should get us through the movie." He looked down at me and smiled. "Can I go to the bathroom real quick?"

"Yeah sure the movie starts in twenty minutes."

I turned and walked into the bathroom along with Anna beside me. I made sure we were the only ones in there. I turned to her and said,"I can see why you liked him."

"Huh, yeah. Accually I thought of him more like a brother too. It would beweird to date my brother, right?" We both smiled then laughed. "I wonder if he likes me in a sister way or like me,like me."

"I know how to do that." Anna said said with a sly smile. I looked at her then shook my head adn walked out the bathroom. Jake was waiting outside and took my hand. I clutched his hand and smiled. He looked down at me and smiled, but I didn't look up. He gave the tickets to the girl. She looked at Jake and justt stared at him. Not even looking at me. He looked back at me then to her. I saw Anna walk back into the bathroom. 'What was she up to?' The next thing you know water is coming out of the door. "Oh,no!" The girl at the counter yelled,"Here's your tickets." She ran into the bathroom and slipped. I giggled to myself and Jake started laughing. I saw Anna come out with a smile. I winked at her and walked with Jake to the movie. When we got inside we sat down in the back row. There wasn't anybody in the theater, but I thought that was good. The lights went down and the movie started. Half way through the movie Jake's phone started buzzing. I looked at him while he pulled it out. "Ugh someone sent me a text."

"Oh go ahead adn answer it. Your not bothering anyone." I moved my hand around the theater. "That's weird. A number I don't know." I saw Anna winking at me and I knew it was her. Jake started to look around with a worried look on his face. "What?"

" The text says,'Do you like the girl you are with?"

"Well maybe it was a lucky guess whoever sent it. Just answer it."

"Okay." I looked at what he was typing, but he pulled it away. "It's a secret." he said.

"Ohhhh." I said back. He smiled at me and stretched his arms. Right as he was about to put his arm around me his phone rang again. "How much do you like her?"

"Well I don't like her..." He said as he typed. I looked down, dissapointed. "I think I may have found my love." he said as he typed. After he sent it I looked at him and he put his arm around me. I still looked at him and he finally looked down at me,"What?"

"Do you really mean what you said?"

"Uh, yeah. See there's something about you that makes me just want ot hold you and never let go. That's how I got the guts to ask you out."

"Wow I feel scared, mostly because this movie is really freaky, but good because I really really, REALLY like you!"

At that moment my world went blank. He had leaned and parted his lips, I did the same, instantly my world went blank again. He put his arms around me and had a passionate kiss. It was my first kiss and I pulled back. "Fireworks." He said. I smiled and then the lights came back on. He stood up and took my hand. We walked out the theater happy and smiling. When we got back to my house he had his arm around me and was holding me close. We came to my door and I saw Anna slipping through it without opening it. Jake said," Uh, that was my first kiss ya know"

"It was mine too." We kept smiling at eachother and he hugged me so close I could barely breath. He had his arms around my waist and I had mine around his neck.  I breathed when he let go. He leaned again and kissed me. I was smiling a huge smile and he knew it. He kept holding my hand until he started walking down the stairs. He just let it slip out of his. I watched him walk down the sidewalk. He walked backwards then turned around and walked away. I opened my door and walked into my house. My mom came running up to me, "How was it? Did you kiss? Did you like the movie? Did you kiss?!!"

I just walked away and that told my mom 'yes'. She smiled and I went to greet Anna in my room. 

 



© 2009 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it! I didn't really see very many errors in this one, so that was a plus. Also, I love where the plot's going. I still can't really tell if people can see Anna or not, but I'm sure I'll figure it out later in the story. I think you're doing a great job with this and I'm going to read it all the way to the end. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good. I like the way you brought up a history between Anna and Jake. Its almost like Anna is her "guardian angel" in a sense.

Posted 13 Years Ago


:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I got confused??

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2009
Last Updated on December 27, 2009


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee