Library

Library

A Chapter by LynLee

I let Anna pick out my clothes. She came out of my closet with my black fancy pants that I normally wear whenever my mom has these jewelry parties, along with a black tank top with my black shiny shoes and a plain black jacket. I stared at her and she smiled and said,"Go on put it on." I did and when I came out of the closet I said,"I can't where this to the library! They'll ask me if I want a book on how to arrange a funeral!" Anna shot me a look that made me shiver. I flashed a small smile at her and she went into the closet and came out with a pink tank top with plain white skinny jeans. She even picked out some plain black high tops. I put them on and said,"That's better." The library wasn't very far away except there were alot of hills in this town. We were walking up to the library when Anna ducked behind a tree. I looked at her and said,"What are you doing? Are you afraid of quiet places and old ladys that like to shush people or something?" She pointed to a guy sitting on the stairs. I looked at him and my eyes popped open. He was so cute. He had the biggest, most saprkling blue eyes i'd ever seen, his arms were a littlw bulky with a lot of strength. His hair was a deep brown and was pushed to the side with his bangs hanging in his face. He was looking around and got up. I ran behind the tree with Anna. "Who is that?"

"That's Jake. I had the biggest crush on him. Peoplle said he had a crush on me too, but I had a friend ask him if he did and he said,"no were just friends." We didn't talk much either."

"Ahh you in loovee."

"Shut up." I smiled. He had walked into the library. We walked inside when Anna pulled me back,"What will we dod when we get inside?"

"First we'll ask the librarian where the public files are and then we'll see if your case is in there. Then we'll connect your clues with theirs."

"What if we bump into Jake?"

"Easy, walk away."

She smiled and pulled me up the stairs. The doors were huge. They were more molded than moldy cheese. We walked inside and walked up to the librarian. She was sitting inside a huge desk that was like twice the size of me. Anna had become invisable, but I could still see her. I wondered how that could happen? She told us where to find them and we walked over to a cabinet labeled "files". I opened the first drawer. I couldn't reach it when all of a sudden a stool came up under my feet,"Thanks Anna."

"Who's Anna?" The voice was deep and bulky, but sweet and caring. I turned around and tripped on my shoelace. I started to fall to the ground and he caught me and put me back up to where I could stand. I stepped down and said,"Oh sorry I thought you were my friend."

"What we can't be friends?" he smiled, but was a playful smile. I looked around for Anna when I found her motioning me to move from the cabinets. I looked at her and nodded up. I went over to the computer, I just sort of ignored Jake. He walked over with me and said,"My name is Jake. What's yours?" I still stared at the screen and said,"Becca."

"Oh, um who's Anna?"

"My best friend." Anna over heard me and smiled. I looked back at her and smiled back. He looke at the files and said,"What are you staring at?"

"Nothing." He stared at the computer screen when I was writing down the name of the book.  "How to catch a killer with no clues." Jake stared at me and shook his head."Don't tell me your going to kill someone and cover it up."

"If I did would I tell you?" I looked up at him and smiled. He looked back at me, smiled and said,"Touche'"

I looked back at the paper and started walking around. I was looking at a shelf of books when Jake jumped down andn handed me one. "Here ya go." It was the book I was looking for. I said,"Thanks." I started walking up to the librarian when she asked,"Do you have a library card?" 

"I didn' know I needed one. Sorry."

"Here put it on mine." Jake said while handing her his library card. I looked at him with a concerned look when all he did was smile. I saw Anna by the door waving around a piece of paper. It must have been the fle. I held up my finger signaling 'one minute'. I asked if the library card cost any money. "25 cents." I took a quarter out of my pocket and she handed me a card I signed my name and walked away smiling at the librarian. I was walking down the steps when Jake ran up tome and asked,"Uh, hey would you like to see a movie tomorrow? That new movie about the robots came out yesterday. It looks good, so would you like to?" I looked over my shoulder and saw Anna. She looked at me with an almost sad look. I said," I'll think about it." He pulled out a piece of paper and pen and wrote something down. "Here this is my number. Call me if you do. Bye."

He walked away, turned around and smiled. I smiled back and turned around. Anna was right behind me. I jumped back,scared. She stared at me and said, "I can't believe you." She started to walk away and I caught up," I didn't give an answer. I f you don't want me to go I won't. Like I said, your my best friend."

She turned around and said," Okay, you can go on the date, but How bout' I sit behind ya'll. Ya know be invisable. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything 'inappropriate' too." We smiled and walked away. I let her pick out what I would wear tomorrow again. When I remembered," I have to call him!"

"Yeah that might be a good idea!" I called him and he answered immediatly. "Hello?"

"Yeah hey Jake, it's Becca."

"Oh hey Becca!"

"Um, I thought about your offer and decided yes."

"That's great! I'll buy the tickets online right now! How bout' the six o'clock show?"

"Great that'll work."

"Good i'll pick you up around five thirty then."

"OKay."

"See you then bye."

"Bye."

Then I hung up.  



© 2009 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was a good story. There were some mistakes, but that's to be expected. It would be a little bit easier to read if you had a space between each paragraph, but it's nice the way it is.

Can people see Anna, even when she's not trying to be invisible? You haven't really made that clear in this. Also, does it show where her throat was cut, or can she cover that up if she wants? The way it is now, she's basically human, except for the killing part, but she hasn't done that yet.

I like how you added Jake as a nice little twist. I can't wait to see what happens. Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice work. Your writing style is filling out a little more here, that's good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Story is nicely evolving... :)

Little spelling mistakes.. like in 'Ya know be invisable' :- correct- invisible

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2009
Last Updated on December 27, 2009


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee