I Want

I Want

A Poem by rhythm&blues
"

Human/kindness

"
I want so many things, 
where do I begin?

I want the sun to shine in smiles
and people to be kind
no poverty, war a thing of the past
appreciation for simple tasks

Seems people run around in a daze
forgetting what really counts
it's all about love, empathy and charity
if our hearts were full 
and our minds accepting 
life would be otherwise exceptional

Yes, I wrote this as a reminder 
for myself too, 
I'm not unlike you,
sometimes I forget the beauty
that exists in the simplicity, 
 miracle of miracles
 that we call humankind 


© 2013 rhythm&blues


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Its good to give ourselves the odd aide memoire to be as complete a human being as we can.
"From my point of view, he can be called a remarkable man who stands out from those around him by the resourcefulness of his mind, and who knows how to be restrained in the manifestations which proceed from his nature, at the same time conducting himself justly and tolerantly towards the weaknesses of others."
George Gurdjieff.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Ken, an amazing quote, I appreciate both.
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

From a favourit book of mine by one of my heroes. The book is called Meetings with Remarkable Men.
rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I will make it a point to put that one on my reading list.



Reviews

Life is simple, breath in, breath out, that's about it, but we make it complex and in doing so we truly often forget what really counts. Yet beneath it all the vast majority want simply what you ask for in those four brief, but all encompassing lines of the second verse of this heartfelt poem.

Would it could be so. Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Simply lovely. Would be a good reminder for those that slip away and forget the real issues with life today.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Really enjoyed this writing. This world is definitely to full of people that are moving so fast through time that the things of the past are forgotten. They go by so fast, it's a blurr. It's hard to remember, but I try to remind myself that the beautiful things of this world, and the simple things to be enjoyed are always there. We just have to stop and take the time to enjoy them. We have the same disposition, that they that have the handicap of not being able to see or hear, have. But we choose not to listen and see even though we have these gifts to be used. So we are blind and deaf ourselves out of choice. For those that are blind and deaf, they would give anything to be able to enjoy the simple beauty this world has to offer. I appreciate your work. It had a strong message.

Posted 9 Years Ago


It reminds me 'bout the brutality of the world brought by humans. Its very hard to find kindness around the world cause, the world's already became so materialistic and people ain`t got time to re-think ov'r the pieces of the their lives. And, the fact is, it hurts... it hurts the God allot but people ain`t care of that. Anyway, nice poem. Some kinda depth of your own life and moments are well captured into your words. Nice reading!

Posted 9 Years Ago


so simple thoughts, evryone wants all of these. thank u for sharing this mam

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great poetry
i believe that there is a good message in this poem

Posted 9 Years Ago


I can see why this has so many reviews.
Writing that people can relate to and writing that is this inspiring is defiantly a great piece.
This was as I said, inspiring, meaningful and beautiful.
I enjoyed this read.
The world would be allot better without all of these things yes that's true.
Great write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love your message here... if only we can focus on kindness will there be a better tomorrow...
Beautifully penned. ~xoxo~:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good one..really love the "beauty of the simplicity and the miracle of miracles!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


yes, we all know it but wont practice it. I want all the love in the world but am miser in loving others. Nice poem


Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1550 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2013

Author

rhythm&blues
rhythm&blues

About
I really don't know what to say on these 'about me' pages. I'm newly divorced, have recently found poetry and loving every minute of it. I'm a bit on the shy side until you get to know me. My best .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Insanity ~ ~ Insanity ~

A Poem by s y e


Mirror Mirror

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus