FALLEN FROM THE GRACE OF HEAVEN

FALLEN FROM THE GRACE OF HEAVEN

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

Perseverance through life's daily obstacles

"
The idea of me was suppose to be fulfilled with greatness. Born to be a warrior,a leader, a king. So why do I feel forsaken in this world? Where are my family and friends when I need them most? Why am I incapable of escaping this circle of pain, regret and loneliness? Shall I remind you of all my failures and broken dreams? So many wrong roads taken. I call out to God to unanswered prayers. I allow my inner darkness to consume my body and soul. So where am I now?...still...HERE. Although my glow is no longer among the brightest of stars in the living world,I AM STILL HERE.Unresolved, but still,shining.

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Life sucks sometimes but we gotta find a way to get through it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love this
Even though you think your prayers unanswered doesn't mean they went unheard there is s time for everything
Maybe it wasn't right time for your prayer to be answered anyhow every morn on train as I travel to work I listen to the Christian Joyce Meyer it's now an app on my phone try it

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Life does indeed suck most of the time but as you say we get through it. And when the good times roll you'll make amazing new memories. Don't give up hope.
You talk about what your subconscious is screaming and that shines through

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this poetic dialogue implemented on this!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love this
Even though you think your prayers unanswered doesn't mean they went unheard there is s time for everything
Maybe it wasn't right time for your prayer to be answered anyhow every morn on train as I travel to work I listen to the Christian Joyce Meyer it's now an app on my phone try it

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this!! I love the first line...the idea of me...the reality of life that we have all these hopes, dreams, and high aspirations...life has a funny way of making its own rules. In the end we are often either sitting in our own tears asking why, throwing our arms up in disgust, or shaking our fist at the creator.
Learning to live in whatever we dealt the best we can, achieving the best we can is the beauty that only perspective can see.
I can relate to this so much. I love that at the end that your still shining!! Brightly I might add!!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


KCthe lastboyscout,
"Fallen From the Grace of Heaven" This is a common theme among we people. We are imperfect and life is difficult and lovely sometimes in close succession of seasons. We share these truths of life.
I like this line, "Born to be a warrior, a leader, a King." It is good to have dreams and aspirations. Why not have them. They are real in our inner soul.
I see your line, " I call out to God, to unanswered prayers." The very fact you call out to God is not by chance. Hope and faith are twins to each other.
"Where am I now? Still here. Unresolved, but still, shining." Beautiful. I wonder if this is God's very thumbprint within our struggles. We are not given an easy way out but free to struggle and to seek The Lord and His Salvation In Christ.
That's how I live.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


I am a huge fan of emotional vulnerability through poetry and story - sometimes deeply hidden in metaphor or safely stashed away behind archetype, but this is open and honest and painful to read. That makes this special, to me.

"Unresolved, but still shining." That gives me hope. Lately, I find myself consumed and haunted by failings, and this is offers hope. You cannot change a star, simply the vantage point at which you view it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Don't be so hard on yourself ...it happens to all of us!
As you say, you just have to persevere through all the obstacles. Please read my poem, co-written with Richard!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Her Her

A Poem by Giulia King