Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Bella Herondale
"

the preview of the book

"

   Tick tockTick tock. Can that clock be anymore annoying. 

     Silently cursing at the damn thing I hate the most. Time. Especially when you're in a mundane school in something I learned to call a Math class. Personally I don't give a damn about what the square root of 604 is because when will I ever need that? Maybe someone else who wants to pursue a career in mathematics (which, frankly I don't understand) but when you're a Shadowhunter all you need to know are the basics. Fighting off a demon, Weapons 101, How to draw runes, and your basic Balance and Mobility lessons. 

     That's basically all I have ever known for 18 years. Until I got into a lot of trouble and got sent here for my punishment. Luckily my best friend London got dragged down with me. Also the Truman boys. As well as my cousin and her best friend. Jolly good isn't it. And trust me, if you think I am overreacting just wait until I tell you about what happened earlier. 

     I was minding my own business when a demon showed up. The obvious option was killing it. I mean it's in my blood. But my other option was to ignore its existence and hurry before I'm late to High School. I always thought I would just get something taken away when I get in trouble. But I guess this time my parents wanted to make sure a lesson was learned. So goodbye tea and lessons, and hello drama and testosterone. 

     I'm not gonna lie, most people who can see us think we're cold blooded murderers, but they don't even know who-- sorry I mean what we're killing. Mundanes. 20% inaccurate, all troublesome. I have nothing against mundies, I mean I have some close family members that were once mundanes before getting sucked into this world. 

     After all meeting an angst ridden teenager, and a pair of siblings that kill demons seems a little far fetched right. Wrong. You see, when Clary Fray met Jace Wayland or as he is now known as Jace Herondale her world turned completely upside down. All she wanted to focus on at that point was just getting into the Brooklyn School of Art. Until she met the flirtatious Jace Herondale. 

     Long story short, he showed her how to fight. As a Shadowhunter. Later on after the War defeating her brother, Sebastian Morgenstern, they decided to settle down in New York. Killing demons where they met couldn't be better. That is until they had a child. But this child wasn't just a regular Shadowhunter child. Oh, no. Since both Jace and Clary, had more angel blood than any other Shadowhunter their daughter would be more angel than anyone else. 

     As the little girl grew she took more of an appearance as Jace. Golden blonde hair that shines just right. And the oh so famous Herondale smirk. Although she acquired some magnificent light blue eyes that can capture anyone's stare from her grandfather Stephen Herondale. 

     Other than that, she was practically a copy of her father. The way she talks. How she acts. Heck even by how she fights. But she did get her mother's artistic talents. All in all, she would be described as one of the best Shadowhunters of her age. You know besides her parabatai who is half Shadowhunter and half warlock. And her cousin who's half demon half Shadowhunter.
     
     Being raised in this world wasn't easy, then again who said being a Shadowhunter was easy. Right, I haven't properly introduced myself have I. My name is Isabella Herondale, and this is my story...



© 2016 Bella Herondale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You start the piece off with..tick...tock - i have to say, I CANT STAND CLOCKS TICKING. - rant over.
And then BAM - theres a demon standing in front of the shadowhunter. (By the way - i like the name 'shadowhunter') and then later we find out her name is Isabella.
I really like that you are talking to the reader through isabellas voice, and it works really well too. It flows at a such a pace and before i knew it, i was at the end of the chapter.
The last line and the structure of the sentence hss me most definately wanting more of this shadowhunter story.
Good grammar skills which have been put to good use.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bella Herondale

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the rest of this book.



Reviews

You start the piece off with..tick...tock - i have to say, I CANT STAND CLOCKS TICKING. - rant over.
And then BAM - theres a demon standing in front of the shadowhunter. (By the way - i like the name 'shadowhunter') and then later we find out her name is Isabella.
I really like that you are talking to the reader through isabellas voice, and it works really well too. It flows at a such a pace and before i knew it, i was at the end of the chapter.
The last line and the structure of the sentence hss me most definately wanting more of this shadowhunter story.
Good grammar skills which have been put to good use.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bella Herondale

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the rest of this book.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2016
Last Updated on December 11, 2016


Author

Bella Herondale
Bella Herondale

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a passionate writer that completely loves fiction, and that is what I tend to write most of the time. more..

Writing