Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 2: The Past

Chapter 2: The Past

A Chapter by Bella Herondale

-- Flash Back --

"Bella. You know if you keep doing that then you'll become a redhead." Patch said gesturing towards my once clean golden hair that was now matted onto my face with blood.

"Hey do you have a problem with the way I fight?" I asked using my seraph blade to make gestures.

"Actually I do. What are you gonna do about it?" He asked, mouth drew back into a wide grin. 

Silently I hear London say "It's about to go down." Chuckling under my breath at my parabatai's snarky remark I think I taught her so well.

"Well Patch first of all I'm not going to hurt you because that will only hurt your pride in front of my parabatai and you don't want that. Second who is in charge of this mission." "You are" he says in a low whisper. "I'm sorry come again?" "You are" he replies speaking up. "Exactly so that means you have to deal with the way I fight. Understand?" I ask once again. "Understood, Herondale." After saying this I decide to embarrass him even further. My classic smirk plastered on my face I begin to say in my thick british accent, "Great now, if you wouldn't mind can you stop gawking at my parabatai. I'm finding it really creepy." Quickly turning around I suddenly hear London screaming my name. 

Running to get more clues I tell London not to follow me. The reason I can is because of my mother's ability to create new runes. My mother had more angel blood in her, the same with my father. That's why I'm so amazing, because technically I have more angel blood than anyone. I have the ability of speed, being best in combat and I can create new stronger runes. 

Why not are you going to a club without me??  

No it's just that when I come back I don't want to see you and Patch sucking face! 

Knowing what she would say i completely block her from mind speaking and continue down the street I'm on. Throwing my hands in my pockets, I look around aimlessly. Mundanes in their natural habitat. At this thought I snicker a little knowing that nobody can hear or see me. You know unless they are a Demon, Downworlder, or another Shadowhunter from the Chicago Institute. Humming Goldberg Variations: Aria, I dodge the crowd of people passing through, until I spot a demon. Evidently, Raziel wants me to disobey London's wishes because the demon heads inside a club. 

Are you kidding me!?! By the Angel!! Blowing hair out of my face I look at a shop window to see my reflection. Let's see. Pushing my bangs back, while smoothing out my hair, trying my best to look presentable. Then i suddenly think Wait... I'm going into a club! Suddenly fluffing up my hair, i put up my hood from my leather jacket. Straightning my shirt, and making sure my runes are covered up. 

I run across the street, careful not to go in front of any cars, i get to the entrance of the club

I run across the street, careful not to go in front of any cars, i get to the entrance of the club. Jumping over the rope, I quickly move with the group of people blocking my path. Getting in front of them I am met with the blaring of loud music. Mundies are.... Dancing? I think, i can't tell, i just mostly see people grinding on each other. 

Disgusted i turn away to see the once blue haired male, in a silver tight dress, seducing a guy around Patch's age

Disgusted i turn away to see the once blue haired male, in a silver tight dress, seducing a guy around Patch's age. 

Great! A shapeshifter, just what I was hoping for. Looking the guy over i see his strong features. Strong jaw, brown hair that i can run my hands in for hours, and bright blue eyes. I notice that the boy is wearing black, and leather. If the girl wasn't seducing him, i think i might have tried something. Wait what? stick to your job Bella! I scold myself. Seeing the Shapeshifter feeling the boy's arm, and hearing the oh so famous line of 'Oh, do you work out?', honestly i would have tried something different. Suddenly getting a feeling of jealousy, i grab my sereph blade. Getting more angered i look down at my right hand to see that my knuckles are turning white. Hmmm, maybe i should take care of the problem now, before I get out of hand. This suddenly calming me, getting my stele, I create a stealth rune on my forearm. Walking towards the Shapeshifter, from my previous spot, i get my blade and put it in front of the 'Problems' neck. "Say good-bye, to your little date." Let's just say that it didn't say anything before i sliced its neck and plunged my blade into her stomach. Seeing it burn to ashes and fade away to hell, i look at the guy. 

Suddenly his handsomeness comes into a better view. Looking into each other's eyes i am suddenly drawn back into reality, when he says.

"What's your name?" hearing a british accent, i am suddenly giddy inside, and that doesn't happen often. "Sorry, Blue Eyes, but maybe I'll give my identity if we meet again." pulling my hood to cover my hair, and to only show my eyes. 

I suddenly race out, before he can question me. Running outside, i go to the side of the building, and jump up to reach for the ladder. See London I'm not that short! Getting it, i go to the top of the building, and look out to see the city lights. Running on the roof tops, i go back to where i left Patch and London.

I need my motorcycle!! Why did i leave it in the care of those two?? I question myself. Well one of them is an annoying, and the other is my parabatai. Getting to the place i jump down, and land with my left knee on the ground, with my right hand, gaining balance. I see my beloved motorcycle and run towards it before hearing.... Moaning?? Suddenly looking towards the alleyway i left through i see two figures making out. One is pushed towards the wall, while the other is. I don't even want to begin on what they're doing. 

Please don't be London and Patch! Please don't be London and Patch. I interally beg. Quietly getting my witchlight, i send the light over to the people, and suddenly see glitter. BY THE ANGEL!!! 

"LONDON!!!!! PATCH!!!! IS IT THAT HARD TO GET A ROOM!!!!" i shout at the top of my lungs, making them part. "Honestly i'm gone for not more than 45 minutes and this happens!!! By the angel!!" Feeling disturbed, i walk to my motorcycle, and quickly say, "Both of you. Institue. Now!" Putting on my helmet i race towards the institiute. 

Parking my motorcycle near the side of the building, I turn off the engine, and walk up the steps

Parking my motorcycle near the side of the building, I turn off the engine, and walk up the steps. 

Remembering to close the gate after me. What, London has her magic, she'll be fine. Jogging my way up the steps, I make my way to the tall oak doors. I check my surroundings before walking through the door. Making my way to my room quickly, because people parted way for me, I take off my jacket and crash onto my bed here. Oh... How it's so uncomfortable to the one I have at home. 

I lay awake thinking about tomorrow until I hear my door open, then close. Jolting up, I look to see London looking flustered. I was emotionless and had no intention to move from my current position so I just went back to laying down. "So, I'm guessing you had enough of Patch?" "Well, it just sort of happened. And no I did not use my magic!" "That would have been my first guess." "Can I-" London was about to speak before I cut her off. "Just say sorry, so I can go to sleep. Besides we have to head back to New York tomorrow. The Inquisitor is coming for a check up." I hear a faint sorry, then silence overlaps around me. I turn off my lamp and fall into a dark sleep.



© 2017 Bella Herondale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
Added on January 3, 2017
Last Updated on January 3, 2017


Author

Bella Herondale
Bella Herondale

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a passionate writer that completely loves fiction, and that is what I tend to write most of the time. more..

Writing