Chapter 4: Friend or Foe

Chapter 4: Friend or Foe

A Chapter by Bella Herondale

 

"You!"
"You?" We both say at the same time.

Okay this is not good! I thought that this guy was hot. And I only saw him for 10 minutes! This is crazy! But my whole life in general screams insane! Apparently I was still in shock, because I didn't hear a word of what he was saying. Snap out of it! I tell myself. Shaking my head slightly I look at him. Apparently he had the same idea, because both of our eyes met at the same time.

"You know I never thought I'd see you again." He says to me while tilting his head down a bit.

"Same here. Blue eyes." I say.

We just stared at each other in silence until I heard my cousin's voice. Oh, damn! I thought I had a weekend without family issues!  

"Hey cuzzy! How ya doin'!" My demonic cousin screams at the top of her lungs.

Breaking my eye contact I look towards the racket coming from the front entrance. Sighing, loudly I might add, I pocket my small dagger and sheath my seraph blade. Walking towards my loud relative, I see if London is anywhere in sight. Of course she's not here! Great. This is gonna be a terrific day! Now standing in front of her, I just cross my arms and stare down at her. I may be short to my parabatai, but my cousin is shorter than me. In my case, London is an effing giant. She is way taller than me and it is completely unfair. Anyways, she looks me in the eyes and starts to speak.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting something." She utters, a smirk dancing on her lips.

"What in the name of Raziel are you doing here?" I say while glaring daggers.

"My dear cousin, such language you have." She says while making a 'tch' sound.

"Your such a child." I murmur.

"Offensive!" she says, sarcasm lacing through the only word she uttered. "Anyways, I just wanted to see if you were in New York. So when I asked were you were, and they said Chicago I used my transportation magic and came here."

"Hmm.. how. Oh wait, I forgot there's no part where I actually care." I say distastefully.

Moving myself so that I am putting my weight on my right leg more than my left. We have a staring contest for what seems like minutes but it’s only seconds. Then out of nowhere there's a sound I wish I could forget but I can't.

"Sarah, please tell me you didn't bring your weird shaped hellhound." I say while preparing myself for the hellhound to pop out at any second.

"Did you think I found you all on my own?" She says while giving Blue eyes a wink. Sarah then turns around and whistles for her beloved... pet-thing.

Then out of nowhere a huge ball of red and black slime came hurling towards Blue eyes. In seeing this I dragged him to the ground. We tumbled to the ground, both of our limbs tangled with each other. For the sixth time today, we looked each other in the eyes and stayed there for what seems like forever. I suddenly hear screaming and remember, Sarah's hellhound is gonna destroy this Institute unless I do something. Getting off of Blue Eyes, and the floor I reach for my blade once again. Turning it over in my hand I say, “Raphael”, and the blade glows in an angelic light. Moving to stand in the middle of the training room floor, I just stand patiently and wait for the hellhound to make a sound.

 

“Where are you?” I mumble.

 

Suddenly I hear screeching coming towards my right. I twist my head in time to see it showing itself. Bringing my blade closer to my body I twist until I can make a clean slice across the hounds body. Dropping to the ground the hound makes a sound like an animal in pain. Howling and whining for help.

 

“I think you forgot something, Cuzzie.” I said sarcastically.

 

“MY BABY!!! Don't worry snookums, mommy is here.” Sarah practically screams.

 

“So dramatic.” I yawn.

 

“You are so gonna--.”

 

“I'm gonna what? Regret it. Probably not. Remember that little trick you pulled on me last time. Consider this as payback.” After saying this I look over to Blue Eyes and seen him checking on other shadowhunters.

 

Walking over to him I apologize and pull him to an empty corridor.

 

“Well your cousin is quite the entrance maker isn't she.”

 

“I guess you can say that. I mean I've always had to grow up with that in my life, so I've grown quite tired of it.”

 

After I say this he just chuckles. We both continue to talk for a little bit more until we move out of the corridor to outside. Walking along a green pathway, we make our way to a little pond and sit down on a nearby bench.

 

“So don't you think we should learn each other's names. I mean this is technically our second encounter.”

 

“You do have a point. But, isn't there any room for privacy now a days?”

 

He just gives me a look that says ‘nope’. How can I feel so at home with a person I have never met before in my life.

 

“Okay. Fine. My name is --.”

 

“PARABATAI!!!!!”

 

S**t what now?? Looking down at my watch I see the time and realize I have to get home now.

 

“Oh god. I am so sorry but I have to go.”

 

“Wait--.”

 

“It really was great to meet you, and I hope I can see you for a third time Blue Eyes.”

 

“This is becoming a little bit too much like Cinderella don't you think?” He says just as I turn away.

 

I turn back once more and say,” I guess it is, that's where the mystery comes in.”

 

Smirking at him, I turn around once more and start sprinting down the path to get back to the Institute. Getting inside I see London and Patch bidding farewell to the heads of the Chicago Institute.

 

“There you are. You are so lucky you got here on time.”

 

“What can I say. I was a bit busy.” Smiling slightly after that sentence, I wait for the portal to fully form.

 

“Okay? Whatever you say parabatai.”


As soon as the portal is complete I look back once more and take a look around the Chicago Institute. With a deep breath I take a step into the portal and I am quickly whisked away back to New York.


© 2017 Bella Herondale


Author's Note

Bella Herondale
Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading my book so far. It has been a tough process, but i really am thankful that you guys are still reading this. Also I encourage you to give me comments about anything. If i need more work, or if you just wanna tell me something please comment. I love reading and replying to them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

155 Views
Added on June 8, 2017
Last Updated on June 8, 2017


Author

Bella Herondale
Bella Herondale

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a passionate writer that completely loves fiction, and that is what I tend to write most of the time. more..

Writing