Chapter 1: My Life

Chapter 1: My Life

A Chapter by Bella Herondale

"Gahhhh!" A demonic looking creature screeched in pain as it was slashed by a blade that shone throughout the dark night. 

"London!", a girl in all black screamed. 

The only part that was noticeable was her golden hair. Swish was the only sound that was heard when fighting the demonic creatures. 

"Bella, catch", said the tall girl with blue and black hair. 

When she said this one bright blade was tossed over to Bella. Catching the blade with ease, Bella swiftly turned around faced the demon, and sliced it's neck, sending the demon back to hell. After it disintegrated, Bella passed the seraph blade back towards, her parabatai, London. Finishing the demon, they both looked at each other and thought the same thing 'We are so gonna get lectured!'. 

-- Earlier that day --

8 a.m.
In the city of New York the bright light known as the sun was streaking through windows to make sure people wake up. The sunlight streaming through the windows was so bright I couldn't go back to sleep. 

"Bella," someone said in a soft voice outside of my bedroom. "Bella," knock, knock."Bella," knock, knock."Bella," knock, knock. "Bel--." 

"Aghh! WHAT!!" I screamed in complete anger. 

What you try being waken up by a complete stranger, when you're trying to sleep. Silence.... That's all that was heard for like 5 minutes, then the same voice spoke again. 

"Damn I knew you didn't like to be woken up early, but was the shout necessary?" After a short period of time, I realized who the voice was, Patch. 

"Oh, it's just you Patch. You can come in." I said in a bored tone, while flopping back onto my gold and black colored comforter. 

Soon enough I heard my dark oak door opening with a silent screech, then came the footsteps. Thump Thump Thump. Was heard on my flooring, making there way to the side of my bed. Only then did I raise my head slightly to see a pair of dark hazel eyes looking at me from above. My baby blue eyes staring at his hazel, not breaking contact.

"Hahaha...." What?? Patch was laughing, until he fell on my floor, then it was my turn to laugh at him. 

"Humm...," I said trying to clear my throat, " so Patch why were you laughing at me?"

"You seriously didn't know why?" He asked while trying to stifle a laugh.

"Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have asked why you're so rudely laughing at me." I spat, my British accent clear as day when I speak. 

"Well, you highness," Patch said, mockery evident in his small bow," you should look in the mirror before you let someone in your room." A smirk plastered on his face after his sentence. 

"What do you me-- Ahhhhhhh!" I scream in complete horror for what I saw in my mirror. 

To my dismay it was my reflection with crazed bed hair that was shimmering. Almost like it had. Oh. She. Did. Not! 

"LONDON!!!!!!!, I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!" I scream. 

After I say this my mother quickly came into my messy room. 

"Bella! What's wrong, what happened, and by no means will you kill your parabatai." My mother, Clary, said in a soothing tone, that completely stopped my evil plans for, my parabatai.

Quickly discussing my morning with my mother, with Patch still in my room for no apparent reason at all, my plans of getting even with London shortened.... very slightly. Besides there's no doubt about it I'm going to get her back. 

"Bella Herondale-Fairchild, promise me you won't do anything bad like last time." 

"I promise mother." 

"Good, now clean up this room it's filthy." When she said this, Patch started to laugh until," And, Patch, aren't you suppose to be training with Alec today?" When this happened my famous smirk danced on my lips.

"Well Mrs. Herondale, I'm training with Mr. Lightwood on the 20th." 

"It is the 20th." My mother and I say at the same time. 

He thought for a good minute or two before he sprinted out of my room in a rushed panic. 

"Honestly, if he's trying to get on Alec's good side, he has to try a little harder." My mother said in a wise tone. 

"He already gets along with Uncle Magnus, how hard can it be to get along with Uncle Alec?" I question. 

"You have no idea, love. Anyways you have cleaning to do." 

"But mom I have training today." I said in a charismatic tone, trying to get out of cleaning my room. 

"Well you better start now before you get more work from your father. Besides I know you and your father very well that charm won't work as easily now." She said in a triumphant tone.

"But you do admit that it does work!" I said arrogance evident in my voice. 

"Don't you dare try it missy. Or you will not get your stele back." 

"No. No. No. Mother, I was just asking a simple question. I will start cleaning my room immediately." Leaving my room with a triumphant smile, I start to take look at my room. 

Black clothes strewn all over the place, shoes all in a corner, books here and there, and some weapons on my futon near the city view. Huh, she was right my room is a mess. Reaching over to my bed stand I get my phone, and look at the time. 

(My room when it's not a mess)   8:17, okay I have some time before i have to train

(My room when it's not a mess) 
  8:17, okay I have some time before i have to train. Just, where do i start? Getting an idea, i quickly get my stele from my leather jacket and magnify the speed rune on my left arm. Feeling like time is going slow i soon start to race around my room cleaning up my mess from the week. After picking up some clothing I start to make a game almost like the mundane game. Ummm. What do you call it? Oh, I think it's called basketball? Let's just go with that. Anyways I get my clothes and throw it in my hamper. I basically did this for 5 minutes until I got hungry. By now the rune has faded so time is back to normal. Getting my phone, and de-Londoning my precious hair, I go downstairs to the kitchen. Quickly getting a blueberry muffin, I take it to the counter and sit down on a silver stool. 

Eating in a peaceful silence, for about 3 minutes before Kaelyn barged into the room rambling on about how she is going to hurt a Vamp for something, honestly I don't understand Vampires. And just so you know Kaelyn Lewis is half Vampire and Half Shadowhunter. But she takes after her mother more than anything. 

"Hey Good Morning Bell." Kaelyn said in her cheerful tone. 

"Morning to you as well." I say in a caring way, even though I'm kinda faking it. 

I'm sorry I love her but.... Like I said before I just don't understand Vampires at all. I remember when this misunderstanding started 3 years ago. London, Patch, and I went on a mission to Chicago and were fighting a nest of Vampires. 

At the time Patch was starting to ask me questions about London. 

I wasn't blind I knew he liked her so I only said, "Patch if you want to date London, you're going to have to impress her father's." 

After I said this he was stuttering a bit then finally cracked. Besides me being amazing I met a very important person, that changed my life as soon as I met him.



© 2016 Bella Herondale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on December 15, 2016
Last Updated on December 15, 2016


Author

Bella Herondale
Bella Herondale

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a passionate writer that completely loves fiction, and that is what I tend to write most of the time. more..

Writing