Chapter 7: Blaire

Chapter 7: Blaire

A Chapter by A.D. Taylor

Blaire dreaded seeing Ponderosa approach her.  Blaire was sitting at the bar of the pool room inhaling a cigarette.  Prior to noticing Ponderosa, Blaire was very deep in thought and was worried. Usually Blaire was quite care-free; rather, the only time she worried was when she did not have access to drugs.  This night was one of those times.

            Blaire had money, but it was for the electric bill, and if she did not pay the balance in full this month, then the electricity would be shut off.  Considering Keitha had given her half of the bill for the past two months, Blaire would not be able to explain why the electricity was shut off.

            In addition to that, her sugar daddy was acting the f**k up.   She had not seen or heard much from him lately.  Tonight was the first time he had answered the phone for Blaire in a few weeks, and denied her request for money without a second thought.  Blaire knew she had to f**k him really good to get his a*s back in check.  He was obviously f*****g with someone else. 

           

            To top it all off, she had received a letter from her biological mother today.  This had shaken Blaire's entire world.  It had been over a decade since she had heard from the woman.  How the f**k did she find Blaire?  Just the thought of reuniting with Wendy chilled Blaire to the bone.

            She shivered.  Blaire couldn't process all that right now.  She needed drugs to help her think, and at that very moment, she already owed B-Block money and no one else she called had any.  She had been waiting for Dice to call her back at the bar, and each second was an eternity. He had promised he was waiting for his new supply to arrive at any moment, but that was forever ago.

            Now Blaire had to deal with this nosey a*s b***h Ponderosa.  Ponderosa just didn't know when to shut the f**k up.  Blaire was not in the mood to put up with Ponderosa's bubbly personality right now; right now, Blaire wanted to sulk; and brood; and think.

"Miss Blaire, what is going on girlfriend?!" Ponderosa said excitedly.

            "I might ask you, since you're the one who looks like a Solid Gold dancer," Blaire said dryly.

            Ponderosa ignored the backdoor insult, and spun in a circle to show off the gold sequined party dress, "I was born to be a showstopper!"

            "No, you just need to be stopped," Blaire replied dryly, "I just really wish you would make up your mind,"

            "You know what, you are just down right mean when you aint high," Ponderosa said.

            "Maybe,"

            "Aint no maybe about it.  I was just trying to say hi. Damn,"

            "So I guess since you're in a dress, you're gonna be all emotional and s**t.  I like you better when you wear pants,"

            "I'm about two seconds away from finding you a damn rock, b***h.  Now any other time you're my friend.  Quit being a damn crack head," 

            "Crack head? Really?  And you don't toot coke?"

            "That's different,"

            "How the f**k is it different?"

            "Because it's classier than crack.  Crack is so cheap and low class.  Just look at the way you do it.  I mean at least with coke, you just do your little bumps here and there and you're done and no one is the wiser,"

            "You tell yourself that no one is the wiser if you want, but it don’t take a rocket scientist to know what white powder around a drippy nose means. Aint nothing classy about it.  Besides, where do you think crack comes from?”

            “Like I said, it aint what you do, it’s how you do it, and nobody won’t catch me with no damn crack pipe in my mouth!”

            “You smoke crack too though.  You are just completely mixed up and confused," 

            "No, correction; I have tried it a few times before.  I don't smoke it like that at all! It's a difference"

            "Look, what the f**k ever.  What I like is my business.  Some people spend all their money on new shoes.  I like to spend all my money on crack.  And I really don't care.  You're right I am in a fucked up mood and I just can't take you right now." 

            "Fine then.  I’ll just shut the f**k up then,” 

            Ponderosa looked straight ahead, exaggerating her movements as she attempted to look pensive.

            "Oh, yea," Ponderosa said without looking at Blaire, "Someone said to tell you hello.  I know you don't like them.  And I'm not messy, so I don't know if I can remember their name,"

            "I have told you about f*****g with that b***h Ersula!  You'll get enough of her.  Watch!" 

            "I know you have, but I ain’t got nothing to do with what y’all got going on.  I'm just gonna chill with her for a few hours after we leave here, then I’m going to f**k someone else's husband.  Ersula is just a pit stop.  Believe me."

            "I approve of you f*****g a married man more than chilling with her, even if it is for a little while.  And what the f**k, you just got finished calling me a crack head and telling me how crack is low class and all this s**t, now you about to smoke crack yourself?"

            “Who said I was going to smoke crack?”

            “B***h, please! If you hanging with Ersula it’s only because you are getting high too.  Ersula don’t hang with nobody who don’t smoke crack because she always tryna get a fix.  Believe that!”

            "Anyway, you know I just said that to make your a*s mad.  But for real though, what's the bad blood between you and Ersula?"

            “No, you meant that.  Just as long as you know, you’re better than me because you snort your poison instead of smoking it.  And don’t worry about what happened with us.  You just better watch your own damn back.  Don’t say you haven’t been warned.”

           



© 2015 A.D. Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015


Author

A.D. Taylor
A.D. Taylor

Walterboro, SC



About
I'm a thirty-something aspiring writer who has finally found the courage to share my work! more..

Writing
Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by A.D. Taylor


Dedication Dedication

A Chapter by A.D. Taylor


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by A.D. Taylor