Comatose (chpt 5) Awakening

Comatose (chpt 5) Awakening

A Chapter by kenya smith
"

The character awakens from his coma.

"
It felt likes months had passed since I've been in a coma. Why hasn't the doctor pulled the plug yet? I asked myself. I obviously don't need a reason to live. My parents deserve way better. Way better than a killer and way better than a drunk driver. I fell to the ground surrender. I guess I'm not as strong as I thought I was. All I was, is a narcissistic a*****e who didn't listen to anyone but myself. It seems like this whole car-crash incident, was supposed to be a life lesson....from God. 
At that moment, a bright white light, beamed through the flames. Was it heaven? Has God forgiven me? I asked myself. In the white light, I could see a figure of a man with his arms stretched out. I walked towards him with my arm stretched out to touch the figure. The man put his hand on my forehead and I fell to my knees with tears rolling down my face. I started reciting the Lord's Prayer again. While praying, I could have sworn I heard two familiar voices. The voices sounded like my parents. I began to walk towards the voices. The light grew brighter as I walk towards it. 
Before I knew it, I was staring into my parents' eyes. They were smiling and crying. I looked around the hospital room to see two nurses and doctors, who were also smiling.  One of the nurses quickly took my oxygen mask off and my parents hugged me right away.  All I could do is cry and apologize to them. I never felt so guilty. I betrayed their trust. My parents gave me a stern look and they could tell that I learned my lesson. I could tell that they were mad, but hiding it.  I wanted to give them another hug, just to tell them that I am sorry. I hugged them both. Their hugs were warmer and tighter. A smile crossed my face. Deep down, I could tell they forgiven me. 


© 2017 kenya smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on March 31, 2017
Last Updated on April 8, 2017
Tags: coma, awakening


Author

kenya smith
kenya smith

Prairieville, LA



About
Hello, I'm Kenya smith and I write horror stories. I've been writing since I was in middle school. Before horror, I would write teen drama. Until, i found out that horror was my true calling. I starte.. more..

Writing
Can't move Can't move

A Story by kenya smith