Comatose (Chapter 8) Homecoming

Comatose (Chapter 8) Homecoming

A Chapter by kenya smith
"

The character in the story finally goes home after a long week in the hospital.

"
Today was the day I can finally go back home, back to my own bed, food, and bathroom. I smile at the fact that I can sleep easily knowing that my parents are near me whenever I need them to help me in my time of need. The doctor came in with the release papers. I gleamed at the sight of them and happily put my signature. I was so excited to leave the hospital that I couldn't contain myself. My heart was racing, and my smile was so wide that if I smiled any bigger, my face will rip apart. We got outside the hospital to an unfamiliar car. 
My parents told me that it is a car made for people in wheelchairs.  It looked kind of weird in a way, yet at the same time, kind of awesome. I didn't know there where cars like that.  The way the car was made, was almost interesting to me. There was only one back seat, and next to the back seat, there is a track where my wheelchair goes on and also there is a ramp. As we were leaving the hospital, my eyes began to swell with tears of happiness. I tried to hold them back so my parents wouldn't hear me cry. I've been waiting so long to go home. I had put my life in so much jeopardy that going home would help me forget all the f**k s**t that I have put myself through. 
Still trying to hold back my tears, we turned into the street that our house was on. Now it was getting harder to not cry. My heart beat fast as we approached closer and closer. I dropped my head into my heads, trying to muffle my crying. Once I saw that we were pulling into our driveway, the tears just started flowing and there was no way of stopping them. I felt like I haven't been home in what felt like years, even though it was only a few months. I didn't know that happiness can make you cry this much. My parents came to get me out of the van, I had my head down so they could see my red and swollen face from all that crying, but they could probably tell anyway. I couldn't help it, I am finally somewhere I feel safe. A place that I can feel protected. I should have stayed home instead of going out that night of my accident. 



© 2017 kenya smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on May 21, 2017
Last Updated on May 21, 2017
Tags: recovery, hospital, home


Author

kenya smith
kenya smith

Prairieville, LA



About
Hello, I'm Kenya smith and I write horror stories. I've been writing since I was in middle school. Before horror, I would write teen drama. Until, i found out that horror was my true calling. I starte.. more..

Writing
Can't move Can't move

A Story by kenya smith