Time

Time

A Poem by Akshat♥
"

you must value your time

"
One thing moving
tic tic 
tic tic

Taking your age away
Making you feel old
Giving you experience in each day

You get used to it
You have to wait for it
but it doesn't wait for you

It never stops for anyone
giving you enough
but still something less

You always need it more
more for each day

Some period ends with happiness
Some ends with gloominess

One thing is still moving...

© 2013 Akshat♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ooh, I got chills with that ending line. A wonderful characterization of time. I like how you started out with three line stanzas, went to two-line stanzas, adn ended with one line, in a kind of progression, the way time progressed, leaving the speaker of the poem behind. This underscored the tone, that feeling of wanting more time, but having it slip away, just like the number of lines in the stanzas dwindled away. Possibly my favorite that you have written. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

time. such a widely used subject in the poetic world. cliched, some might call it. but you, you take it to a new level! i love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a really good poem. Time is something that shouldn't be taken for granted.... We should live life to it's fullest in the time we have. A strong poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


its good. i can understand the message clearly. i like it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A decent poem that reads somewhat well. It feels like it needs a a little high quality work to it. I don't see any typos in the poem. My suggestion would be to go back, and reread it to yourself while playing music that reminds you of the poem. That may allow you to see within yourself how you could really power this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Too many people coast through life wasting precious time. waiting for tomorrow to do what they should have done years ago. Life is for living, notprocrastinating. Live a life you can be proud of and look bsck on with happiness. Be proud of your lifetime, embrace each wisely spent year, enjoy your birthdays, tumrpet your age, The only reason to fight time and its effects on your face and body is if you have wasted your life. Live honestly, love much, play hard.

Posted 13 Years Ago


time... is precious! let's live life and make the most of it! we only get to travel this journey once ;)
nice one!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome, creative and foretelling... well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am so there! The moment is fleeting. Well Done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


As I grow older, something my father told me years and years ago becomes painfully true...."the older you get, the faster time passes by"....your work here is so very true, and I love it! Well Done!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1566 Views
79 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2013

Author

Akshat♥
Akshat♥

New Delhi, India



About
hello(Namaste), You can call me (or ashu), I LOVE MYSELF...!! :-P I am methodical,practical and a great friend....!!! I never make snap decisions, preferring to weigh the pros and cons of every.. more..

Writing
Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tree Tree

A Poem by Akshat♥