Time

Time

A Poem by Akshat♥
"

you must value your time

"
One thing moving
tic tic 
tic tic

Taking your age away
Making you feel old
Giving you experience in each day

You get used to it
You have to wait for it
but it doesn't wait for you

It never stops for anyone
giving you enough
but still something less

You always need it more
more for each day

Some period ends with happiness
Some ends with gloominess

One thing is still moving...

© 2013 Akshat♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ooh, I got chills with that ending line. A wonderful characterization of time. I like how you started out with three line stanzas, went to two-line stanzas, adn ended with one line, in a kind of progression, the way time progressed, leaving the speaker of the poem behind. This underscored the tone, that feeling of wanting more time, but having it slip away, just like the number of lines in the stanzas dwindled away. Possibly my favorite that you have written. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes we must value our time because we don't know when our
time is up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


that is really good

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh, this one sounds like desperation on speed...i had to read this fast as if drawn to...nice job

Posted 13 Years Ago


"one thing is still moving" you make time sound sinister, make it sound like a drug: "you always need more, more for each day". i like it. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RJM
Time waits for no man. Beautiful poem the monotony adds to the feel of time just passing by and us not being able to do s**t about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It made me think, as coyote mentioned. I also love the way you said tic tic instead of tick tock. Using the same sound makes it sound monotonous and yet continuously moving.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your words are true. Time should not be wasted. It will go on if we do useful or foolish things. A outstanding poem. Made me think. Should be the goal of a writer. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


I was just thinking about how old I am getting not that long ago. Am I where I want to be? Should be at my age? Am I just standing still, moving along with the ticking clock or am I surging ahead? I have always valued life, the time I have been blessed with. Choosing to rise to every challenge and yet there are still times when I ponder the words of this poem. This is great and caused me to think. And I love brain stormers.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this, I think you described the concept of time very well. I like your word choice especially. This was a really great poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Time surely doesn't wait for any one. This was a great write. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1566 Views
79 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2013

Author

Akshat♥
Akshat♥

New Delhi, India



About
hello(Namaste), You can call me (or ashu), I LOVE MYSELF...!! :-P I am methodical,practical and a great friend....!!! I never make snap decisions, preferring to weigh the pros and cons of every.. more..

Writing
Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tree Tree

A Poem by Akshat♥