Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa

The wheat stretched with tired arms to the purple sky: the promise of a storm. Jasek lay lazily beside me, his hand entwined with mine. I stared up at the shuddering sky, watched the colors swirl restlessly. The clouds hustled together, scandalizing a plan. Blackness grew within, stretching like an awakening towards the extent of the clouds. They would awaken soon, and they would yawn wide, letting their rain spit forth upon the innocent ground.

Turning my head to the left I contemplated every line of Jasek’s profile, every whirring tendril of hair on his head.

Jasek's jawline was strong, his nose a perfect diagonal to his high cheekbones and lips that pouted defiantly. He didn’t notice my gaze, but continued to watch the sky. Removing my jealous eyes from his form I glanced around, but saw nothing else through the maze of wheat around us. Warm, blue fingertips touched the violet sky; kissed it a sombre goodbye. Violent hands would soon shove the grass forward as the wind picked up with every breath of the storm above us.

Suddenly, more than ever before, my world felt very small.

I felt very small. Jasek’s eyes held secrets, they said everything, yet they had doors. His pain was hidden deep within, I could feel it, and I so desperately wanted to help him. But… Doors; always doors. I couldn’t help but wonder what haunted him.

“Jasek?” I whispered. My voice felt just as small.

“Yes, Natasakay?” He didn’t turn to look at me.

“Jasek.”

Finally, he shifted to my direction.

“Yes?” His eyes spoke deeper volumes than his words. They swirled a gentle gold-green that made my blood feel warmer.

“Do you ever feel…”

I suddenly felt silly asking the question.

“Yes?” For the third time he said the word and it made me want to put a hand over his mouth. I swallowed.

“Do you ever feel…” Those golden eyes bore into mine and he waited patiently. “Small. Or…Like there’s more out there…Something that you’re missing?” My words were coming out in awkward spurts.

Jasek’s eyes clouded as darkly as the sky above us. He turned his intent gaze back to the sky and his hair went such a deep crimson that it was almost black. His reaction humiliated me further. Anger boiled up into my throat and it showed in my hair.

“Look at me. Why are you suddenly so angry?”

“Why are you?” He barked back sharply.

“Because you’re not answering and… You’re not even looking at me…” Words drifted away in the light breeze. A sigh rolled over his chest.

“Yes. Sometimes I feel small.” No emotion lay in his voice. His hair, however, flew around in hectic circles.

“What about�"” His grip around my hand tightened and a raindrop spattered on my cheek. Without looking he pulled me from the spot on which I had been laying in the grass and toward the tower of trees.

I resisted him, but he pulled yet harder.

“We had better get under cover before the storm.”

Jasek did not rise enthusiastically. It seemed as though he’d rather lie there forever, soaking in the storm; breathing it into his bones.

Perhaps I did too.

Reluctantly, I followed him.



© 2012 AleyshaRosa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written interesting write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Moon
An Act I in the portrayal of the pristine beauty of life of the natives but an Act 7 in an understanding of life's times and our experiences today. A communication that may be intended to all those braves who fought valiantly and died the same way in a heaven they never thought to ask anything about.

A nice write about people, the world has always admired for their fiercely independent and pioneering ways.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

You know, I really appreciate the review, and it sounds very mystical, but I have no idea what you j.. read more
Dayran

11 Years Ago

Your writing is expressed in the personal as in relationships. There is always a broader universal a.. read more
AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Ah, makes much more sense. Thank you =]
ah, this chapter was sweet, and thought went into this, I can tell.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A nice moment, even in a tender emotional moment I still feel wonder for the world they're in. also seems to be setting up something cool so yeah can't wait for chapter four.. can i ask how many chapters there are?

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

prolly about... idk 8 at the moment, but more are coming, I just haven't written them yet
=Pread more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2012
Last Updated on October 17, 2012
Tags: natasakay, alien, fantasy, sci-fi, science, fiction


Author

AleyshaRosa
AleyshaRosa

Abbotsford, BC, Canada



About
Canadian, eh? I've been writing since I was 13 (I'm now 18) and have recently started back up on writing a novel that I'm now half through. I mostly write prose poems and short stories with a tonne .. more..

Writing
Kill Me. Kill Me.

A Poem by AleyshaRosa