Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa

Floating around Destell seemed so boring. Like trying to explore and discover something you created. I flipped over and bobbed along on my back, head tilted back to see everything upside down. Maybe that would make things a little more alluring. I inched toward the atmosphere, the pink sky getting darker: purple to deep navy. Going out to the galaxies wasn’t allowed after the seventeenth moon past the Destell Mountains.

Closer…closer…

The sky faded to pitch black and I was so close I could feel the magnetic pull shoving me forward. I resisted and hovered just below the atmospheres surface. For so many years I had always obeyed the rules, been a good girl, or so it seemed.

Always.

Now though, something deep inside me made my heart flutter with the excitement of doing something new; doing something that would erase the feeling of insignificance that wouldn’t seem to leave me. Something made me feel the need to take a risk, get in trouble. I mean real trouble. Sneaking about and hiding was just a trick, a game.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…” I star whistled to Frisentica.

Moments past.

It never took Frizzy this long.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…” I whistled again, getting impatient. She appeared swiftly, smiling and giggling. I sensed something else though…Some kind of pain deep in her starry, small, glittery eyes. I was unaware stars, of all things, could feel anything but happiness.

“Frizzy, what took you?” My question was swallowed by the atmospheres force, but I was sure Frizzy could hear my words with her intense hearing. She spoke quickly in the dialect.

“Nothing… Waiting for your call I suppose…” Frizzy paused momentarily, letting an awkward instant pass.

“Oh…Well, do you think you could get me out of here?”

Pain flashed in her eyes for a speed-of-light moment, than was replaced with joy again. I laughed. No, not laughed I roared. Giggling wildly I pointed to the atmosphere.

This feeling was like one of something trying to awaken itself, trying to break free of the bonds of my body. I tried to swallow, to breathe even, but to no avail. The more I tried to release it, the more I laughed. My muscles tensed, shuddered, and it felt as though I had just been swallowed by a dream.

Frisentica’s face went red; her typically soft eyes went angry and hard. Frisentica’s mood changed rapidly and she looked at me oddly, nodding slowly and curiously. Her eyes squinted as if perplexed.

That made two of us. My body trembled like an earth quake happening within me.

Then, everything just faded.

Screaming and laughing, crying and singing I left Destell in a swirl so fast I was incapable of anything. I couldn’t focus, couldn’t speak, and couldn’t cry out against the agonizing pain strangling my legs.

Slowing down as I entered space was a wonderful feeling�"just a continuation of this fantastical dream I was in. The only thing was my leg was twisted in a grotesque way. I winced as sound waves rocked it back and forth.

“What happened?” The words slurred together in a blurry mash. I looked down again at my leg and red flashed before my eyes.

My stomach heaved and I gagged.

Black swirled with white to gray.

Black.




© 2012 AleyshaRosa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

as always, beautiful imagery! Loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

As always, thanks for the review, Rachel =]

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on October 21, 2012
Tags: natasakay, alien, fantasy, sci-fi, science, fiction


Author

AleyshaRosa
AleyshaRosa

Abbotsford, BC, Canada



About
Canadian, eh? I've been writing since I was 13 (I'm now 18) and have recently started back up on writing a novel that I'm now half through. I mostly write prose poems and short stories with a tonne .. more..

Writing
Kill Me. Kill Me.

A Poem by AleyshaRosa