Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Stan Lee

"What a wonderful day to be on a family vacation in Athens."

Amber sang quietly to herself. It was early morning and the lobby was empty as she wandered towards the pool. Noticing that her new beach towel still had the tag attached, she stopped and sat down beside one of the nude Grecian statues that graced the halls of the hotel. Scrummaging through her bag she pulled out a small pair of scissors and carefully snipped the tag off her towel. The statue seemed to peer over her shoulder.

"Mr Rude in more ways than one I see" Amber smiled. Reaching up she caressed the cold hard face, running her fingers along the chiselled jaw line. "Cold as stone" She commented, "But let's see what you're really made of." There was still no one around and in an instant the scissors were digging hard at the foot of the statue.

"OUCH!" the statue yelled.

Amber leapt backward with a terrified yelp.

"Hey sorry" said the statue. "I didn't mean to give you a fright but I think you got my Achilles heel."

Amber gasped again. In front of her was a gorgeous young  man. He was brown and muscular and there was even a trickle of blood running down his heel. The statue was alive!

"I didn't know! Sorry! I thought you were a statue!"

"Well I was."

With a baffled expression the statue stepped down from the scrolling pillar and flexed. Amber's face burned crimson.

"What's the matter?"

"You're naked".

"True, I always have been."

"You'd better put something on. Where are your clothes?"

"I don't think I have any. I was carved in the nuddy I guess".

Amber scrabbled in her bag again. She pulled out a pair of boardies, blushed an even deeper red as she compared his size to her shorts and then threw him her swimming towel instead.

"Quick! Quick! Put it around you! Someone is coming!"

 

****



© 2015 Stan Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah good, a little bit of surrealism never hurt anyone, did it? :-)
Fun start, now let's see where it goes.
Oh, just one suggestion. I don't know that a Greek statue would say, or even know the word nuddy. It sounds more of an Irish statue saying nuddy :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

:) True that.. but it probably learned some funny words from all the tourists passing through. Would.. read more
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

:-).......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2015
Last Updated on August 29, 2015


Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee