Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Stan Lee

Soon the three of them were sitting by the pool, legs dangling into the water.

"Nice morning for a swim" said Rocky.

"You'll probably sink like a stone."

"Come on Laura, give him a break already. " Amber said, " We've gotta get him some clothes asap.".

"Why do we have to take responsibility for this coming-alive statue?" asked Laura.

"Don't talk about Rocky like he's not here. It's rude. He has feelings to you know".

"Do you?"

Rocky nodded. "Yes, I do have feelings but I understand why you're freaking out Laura. I am totally weirded out too. How did I come to be alive? Maybe I never was a statue at all. It's just freaky."

They sat deep in thought for some time. Eventually though the discussion turned back to Rocky's clothes, or rather his lack thereof. Laura suggested that they "borrow" some from their father but they decided against it. "He would definitely notice if any of his clothes went missing" Amber said.
Laura agreed, "Even if he didn't Mum would surely notice if she saw this thing walking around in Dad's clothes".

"Rocky is not a thing. He's a him. Trust me Laura. I know."

Laura grinned cheekily and Rocky turned a shade of red.

"So why doesn't he just go ask Dad for some clothes then?" suggested Laura. "He could march up 'excuse me sir, somebody has stolen my clothes. can I borrow yours'? It might work. Crazy situations call for crazy action."

That seemed to be the only feasible idea they could think of and much more practical than Laura's other idea of Rocky streaking in lieu of being arrested and put into prison greens.

The girls watched breathlessly as Rocky strode up to room 23A where their parents were.  At the door he turned around with a questioning look. Amber gave him a thumbs up which he returned with a grin before he knocked on the door.

 

*****



© 2015 Stan Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Uh-oh, I see trouble coming :-)
I wonder what the Dad is like. Will he give him some clothes? Will he punch him in the face and slam the door? Will he break his hand on Rocky if he does punch him in the face?
Find out these answers and more, after this short break. :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2015
Last Updated on August 29, 2015


Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee