Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Stan Lee

"Hey nice outfit" Amber laughed when they met again back at pool.

He wriggled uncomfortably. "Thanks."

"Too bad dad's not a bulked up body builder. They're a bit tight."

"Better than nothing" Laura giggled.

Amber decided that they should go shopping for Rocky. "After all" She said, "One set of ill-fitting clothes won't see you through the rest of your foreseeable life."

That made them go quiet for a bit. How long was Rocky's foreseeable life they wondered?

Laura stood up roughly, "Off you go then. Go shopping. I'm not coming. I'm sick of seeing you two goshing at each other". She dived into the pool and swam towards the flumes.

Amber laughed, "She'll come."

"Yeah?"

"Yep, she's just jealous. You'll see."

"Jealous of what?"

"You and me."

There was silence for a moment.

"Amber?"

"Yes Rocky?"

"I'm scared."

Amber put her arm gently around his shoulders. He looked so strong, she thought and yet she had an urge to hold him like a baby. "I'm scared too" she admitted. "But I'm not gonna leave you. We'll work this out".

"All these years of being a statue I've dreamed of this day and being able to do all the things that people do but now it's actually happening and I'm not ready".

She had no reply. A thousand questions were streaming through her mind. Presently she suggested that they make a start. "We'll get something to eat on the way to the shops. Are you hungry?"

Rocky just looked at her.

"Don't worry Rocky." She laughed gently and pulled him to his feet. "You're going to love eating. This is going to be an amazing adventure."

 

*****



© 2015 Stan Lee


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think I'd be scared too. It's like "I'm a statue, I'm a statue, I'm a statue, whoa!, I'm real" too much too soon. It would freak anyone out :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2015
Last Updated on August 29, 2015


Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee