Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Stan Lee

Panicking they both clamoured backward trying their hardest to disappear inconspicuously behind the empty pedestal. It wasn't really working but when  a young girl appeared in the hall Amber's shoulders sagged in relief.

"It's my little sister."

 

Laura looked up quickly at the sound of her sisters voice. Her step faltered as she saw that Amber was not alone then a grin spread across her face. "Hey Amber!" She yelled, "You're up early today!"

Amber winced. "Shut up Laura! People are still trying to sleep around here."

Laura continued just as loudly as before, "Ha! Now I see why you're up so early. Going for a swim with this handsome hunk hey? Well I hope you don't mind me joining you."

"Laura, please!"

"Ok, ok" she said quieting down, "at least introduce me?"

Amber took a deep breath, "Laura, this is ... What is your name?" 

The statue shook his head slowly. "I don't know" he replied.

 

"What? Amber! Who is this? What's the go here??".

Amber broke down. "OMG Laura! He's a statue. I have no idea what is going on!"

Laura's eyes widened and she looked from one to the other. The statue nodded solemnly back at her and she could tell from Amber's expression that she was serious. Laura squared her shoulders. "Okeeeeee then. Soooooo... Let's start from the start. What actually happened?"

 

Amber briefly explained as Laura listened intently. "So you don't have a name?" she asked eventually. She looked all around the now empty podium in case there was a plaque or any clues. "You have to have a name."

"You said something about Achilles before" said Amber.

"Yeah well I Are Chilly standing around here in the nud sometimes."

He laughed loudly at his own joke and the girls giggled.

"I know!" said Amber, "Can I call you Rocky?" 

And they all fell about laughing again.

 

****



© 2015 Stan Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now I'm hearing the music from Rocky :-)
Still a fun read, and surreal. I wonder if you wee smoking anything when you came up with the idea :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

Not me, I don't smoke, I just come up with unusual ideas. :P
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

..........:-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2015
Last Updated on August 29, 2015


Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee