Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by terminallyScorpio

The door of the truck slammed, rousing the sleeping pup. She sleepily lifted her head, staring at the man as he grabbed her leash and pulled her out of the truck. She looked up at the old, massive building. What was this place? She sniffed the air, the blood of dogs, saliva, sickness, and blood scattered everywhere. She gave a small whimper as the man dragged her forward, sliding open the door. He closed it behind them, turning on a light switch. The giant building lit up, revealing kennels upon kennels of wounded, sick, dead, dying, dogs. There were those few that looked healthy but they were curled up in corners, shaking. She passed by a massive pit bull, yipping as it snapped at her through the kennel.


The man yelled at it, kicking the cage. The black and white pit backed off, his eyes now showing that he was fearful. The man pushed her into the cage next to the black and white pitbull's, putting a sign on the cage with the name 'Kiba'. He looked at the pup, resiting the name “Kiba, that's your name, dog.” he grunted, closing and locking the kennel.

Kiba turned towards the black and white pit, looking at the still fearful dog, “What was that for?” she growled. The pitbull turned his massive head, pricking his ears, “What?” he asked, apparently clueless as to what she was saying, “You snapped at me!” she snarled, making the pit cringe, “No, I snapped at the human, the no fur,” he said, clearly frightened, “Oh..well I'm Kiba, who are you?” Kiba asked curiously. The dog glanced down at his paws before looking back up, “Aztec,” he barked softly. He turned to face the wall, a long scar from his neck to the base of his tail show on his back. Kiba cringed, looking over at him, “Nice name,” she barked. Aztec recoiled slightly, Kiba clueless as to why.



The mocking bark of another dog sounded from across Kiba's kennel, it was a larger German Shepherd with many scars, “Look what we got here boys, fresh meat!” he barked, grinning widely. The dogs madly barked, their barks perfectly in synch. This was clearly the leader of them, the alpha, “Names Bruce, kid. Your Kiba. Nice name. Do you know where you are?” he barked, his mocking tone still there. Kiba shook her head slowly, jumping back as the loud laugh of Bruce arose from his throat, “Your in a dog fight arena, kid! We kill dogs here, your a chew toy till you survive good ol' Aztec here. That's how it always works. Ol' boy killed too many pups your age to count, don't try making friends with him, he'll just go behind your back and literally stab you in it. Be on our side, sweetheart. He's a one dog army,” Bruce snarled, his eyes laying on Aztec.



The black and white pit, turned his head, growling “Shut your trap, Bruce. Tell her, tell her how many innocent pups you've killed! Tell her how you killed your own f*****g mate to be top dog!” Bruce frowned, his tail flying up over his back, “I'll rip you to shreds next time we're in the arena together, ol' boy,” he snapped “Go on, kill me! See how much I care. I'd rather die than suffer here, wouldn't you?” Aztec rasped.



Kiba washed the two males bicker, remaining in her spot, her back pressed against the wall. She slowly looked down at her paws, sighing. Why was life so hard suddenly? 



© 2012 terminallyScorpio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on April 23, 2012
Last Updated on April 23, 2012


Author

terminallyScorpio
terminallyScorpio

Palm Coast, FL



About
I am 13 years old and an amateur writer. I enjoy typing up stories for than actual writing seeing I have horrid hand-writing. I take part in multiple RPs and enjoy going to school. I currently work as.. more..

Writing