Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

“What are you doing here?” asked the storekeeper. 

They were off the reservation they were on a trip and they stopped at a convenient store. 

“Just looking, I’m getting a few things,” Running Water said while getting a few things off the shelf. 

“Well we don’t serve your kind here, so get lost,” the storekeeper said in a rude voice. 

“I’ll go to a different store where they do serve my kind,” Running Water said in a polite voice. 

“You go do that,” said the storekeeper. 

So he left the store and saw his wife Angel, walking up towards him. 

“Did you buy anything?” Angel asked.

“No he wouldn’t let me, he doesn’t serve my kind,” Running Water said in a troubled voice.  

“Dad this is not right, I thought things have changed?” asked White Hawk.

“I know son, but the whites today are the same as they were long ago,” Running Water said as he was starting the car. 

“Let’s go home,” Angel said buckling herself in. 

As they arrived back on the reservation they drove up to the driveway and went inside the house. They sat down and started watch television.  Then there was a knock at the door. 

“Who is it?” asked Running Water. 

“It’s me, Jimmy,” Jimmy looking through the screen door. 

“Haw kola” (hello friend) what brings you hear?” Running Water asked in the Lakota language. 

“Nothing just stopped by to say hello, and ask how was your trip,” said Jimmy. 

“It was fun, we had a great time, come on in,” said Running Water. 

“Haw kola, toeke ya un he” (hello friend, how are you)?” White Hawk asked in the Lakota language.

“Washte” (good),” said Jimmy. 

“Washte” (good),” said White Hawk. 

“I was wandering if you would like to go catch some fish by the streams with my sister and I?” asked Jimmy. 

“Sister, you have a sister,” said White Hawk. 

“Yeah,” said Jimmy. 

“I didn’t know you had a sister?” asked White Hawk. 

“Well at that time she wasn’t thought of yet,” Jimmy laughing. 

“Oh,” smiled White Hawk. 

“Come on lets go get some fish,” said Jimmy. 

So they fished in the stream and caught a few fish and threw them back in. 

“Wow we caught a few, yeah, my sister she probably could catch more than we caught,” smiled Jimmy. 

“Hey Jimmy,” said Lisa holding her tackle box and fishing pole. 

“Hey sister,” said Jimmy. 

“Hey,” said Lisa. 

“Sis, come over here, I want you to meet a friend of mine, White Hawk this is my sister Lisa,” said Jimmy. 

Lisa looked at White Hawk and fainted. It was like she has never seen a Native before, and she lives on the reservation. 

“Oh jeez, uh, sister, sister wake up, hello,” said Jimmy. 

White Hawk got some water and sprinkled it on Lisa’s face. 

“Huh what happened, all I remember was seeing a Native,” said Lisa   

“You did, he is my friend, you weren’t born yet, so you’ve never seen him,” Jimmy picking his sister up off of the ground. 

“Hello, I am White Hawk,” White Hawk about to shake Lisa’s hand.

“Lisa,” Lisa shaking White Hawks hand. 

“I’ll take you home,” said Jimmy helping his sister to the car. 

White grabbed their gear and looked across the stream and saw the figure, White Hawk closed his eyes and opened them again, and the figure was gone. 

“White Hawk are you coming?” Jimmy asked. 

“Yeah,” said White Hawk walking towards Jimmy and looking back. 

They got into the car and drove to Jimmy’s house. When they arrived they helped Lisa up to her room where she can rest. 

“Wow, I can’t believe she fainted, I must be that cute,” smiled White Hawk. 

“I know, that’s funny, what is it with women and long hair?” laughed Jimmy. 

“I don’t know, I guess it depends on who has the long hair,” laughed White Hawk. 

“Well let’s go do something while it’s still daylight?” asked Jimmy. 

“Okay lets go for a walk,” said White Hawk. 

So they started walking together around the reservation. 



© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw