Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

So he dropped Nuka at the school and drove away to work. He pulled up into the Sioux Nation Shopping Center and went inside.

“Hey Big Ben how’s it?” asked the manager.

“Washte” (good), just dropped my brother off at school. Did we get anything in the back yet, like those t-shirts we ordered with our four fathers on them?” asked Big Ben.

“No not yet, the truck is late at delivering as always,” laughed the manager.

                  Big Ben went behind the counter and worked the cash register. Jimmy walked in.

“Haw cola” (hello friend),” said Big Ben.

“Haw” (hello),” said Jimmy.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in school Jimmy?” asked Big Ben.

“Yeah, but I didn’t go because White Hawk, I figured he wouldn’t notice me not there,” said Jimmy putting the coke on the counter.

“Jimmy you know it’s not him, that’s why we’re taking him to the doctors soon,” said Big Ben.

“When you do, I want to come to, he my friend, and he’ll do the same for me,” Jimmy grabbing his coke and walking out of the store.

                  Back at the school, White Hawk was in the classroom doing his work, then all of a sudden he looked up and saw the figure standing in the door way.

“White Hawk, you defeated some whites, I want you to go in the men’s bathroom and women’s bathroom to write our words on the mirrors with your blood?” asked the figure.

“I need to go to the restroom?” asked White Hawk.

“Go ahead,” said the Native teacher.

                  So he got up and went to the men’s bathroom he checked and then he looked and locked the door. The figure appeared again.

“Now write our words,” said the figure.

                  White Hawk pulled his pockets knife out and cut his finger deep so the blood would keep coming and he wrote on the mirrors.

“All white men and women, get off Lakota land, you don’t belong with us, get off or die.”

                  White Hawk grabbed a paper towel and wrapped his finger in it. Unlocked the door and wrote it also in the women’s bathroom as well.

“Now, go get Jimmy and grab a teacher and wipe your blood on their faces, telling them this is a warning if you do not get off Lakota land,” said the figure.

                  White Hawk looked out the door and saw a teacher coming down the hall way, a white teacher. He grabbed her and pulled her inside and locked the door. She looked at the mirror and back at White Hawk. He was angry. White Hawk grabbed her and wiped his blood all over her, she screamed and ran to the principal’s office; he walked out of the bathroom looking for Jimmy.

“White Hawk!” shouted the principle Warren.

                  White Hawk smiled and turned around and walked towards the principle.

“Don’t listen to them, your better than they are, come to my office, we’ll call your parents, so you can get help,” said Principle Warren.

                  Principle Warren had to tie his hands up while the nurse wrapped his finger up. Then his face changed, he was calm.

“His moods change, I don’t even think he knows what he doing half the time,” said Principle Warren.

                  The nurse brought White Hawk to his office.

“Come on, sit down,” said Principle Warren.

                  White Hawk sat down and looked out the door and saw the figure again.

“Hello, this is Principle Warren, I am calling on behalf of your son, you need him to go get help he is sick,” said Principle Warren.

“Yes, we know, we are on our way,” said Running Water.

“I got a call from dad, are you okay,” Nuka concerned.

“I am fine,” said White Hawk.

                  Nuka could tell deep down, into his eye that he wants to know what is happening to himself, but could not escape it.

“Mom and dad are coming, to take you to the doctors,” said Nuka sitting beside his brother.

                  Running Water and Angel came running inside.

“Sweetheart are you alright?” asked Angel.

“Why does everybody keep saying that, I am fine,” said White Hawk.

“Can I see both of you in my office?” asked Principle Warren.

                  So they walked inside his office and sat down.

“Your son is showing signs,” said Principle Warren.

“Sign?” asked Angel.

“Yes, I also had the same signs growing up, he is showing signs of Schizophrenia, he see’s things we cannot see, his attitude changes, anger, violence, and threats, those are some of the signs,” said Principle Warren.

“We knew something was different but we couldn’t make it out,” said Running Water.

“Yes he needs to see a doctor quickly and get checked in before it controls him,” said Principle Warren.

“Were going right now,” said Angel.

“Come on son, were taking you to get help. Nuka call your brother tell him where were going,” said Running Water.

                  White Hawk got up and saw the figure again, he got angry again.

“Why, there is nothing wrong with me, I am helping our people, our warriors,” angered White Hawk.

“Son, helping our people does not mean hurting others, and that is what you’re doing, it’s not good,” said Running Water.

“Come on, dear lets go,” said Angel.

                  So they walked out of the school and got in the car and drove to the doctor’s office.

 



© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw