Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Then all the kids got up and left the classroom. 
“Wow, that was a good keynote speaker, he spoke the truth,” said Jimmy with a smile. 
“Why are you smiling like that for?” White Hawk asked. 
“I have an Idea,” said Jimmy with a grin. 
White Hawk looked over towards Victor and James and saw the figure standing next to them. 
“You’re going to use the keynote speaker’s advice aren’t you?” asked White Hawk looking away. 
“Yes I am,” Jimmy said with a big smile. 
Jimmy walked over towards Victor and James. 
“Hey,” said Jimmy. 
“Oh boy here we go,” said White Hawk walking with Jimmy. 
“What do you want half-breed?” asked James. 
“To talk, if you want to be friends, you have to be friends with White Hawk, we shouldn’t hate one another, this is now, it’s time to make a difference on our Reservation, help our people,” said Jimmy. 
“It will never happen, this place can’t change because the people won’t change, so get lost, half-breed before I beat you up,” said James getting angry. 
“Jimmy lets go,” White Hawk shoving him into the locker, the figure told him to do it. So he did it. 
“What are you doing, are you crazy, there never going to quit it’s in their blood,” White Hawk pushing Jimmy into his classroom, and White Hawk walked down the hall and went into his classroom. James was in Jimmy’s class and Victor was in White Hawks class. 
“Hey White Hawk, this came from Jimmy, he told me to give it to you,” said Victor handing him a note. 
White Hawk grabbed it and looked beside him and there was the figure standing over him like he wanted to read it to, the figure said, 
“Revenge,” said the figure. 
White Hawk looked at him in confusion and then he opened the letter and the figure made White Hawks eyes fill with anger before he could read the note, he just crumbled it up and threw it, he looked up and the figure was standing in the door way, White Hawk got up from his desk and walked out of the classroom, Victor followed from behind. 
White Hawk swung the door open and Victor was standing inside the door. White Hawk walked up to Jimmy and got in his face. 
“Let me tell you something, here are my thoughts on the white eyes, they are liars, they are selfish, and they call us dirty savages, they don’t respect the land they walk on. Jimmy you just made an enemy, Victor and James I suggest you keep your distance, I just might throw you through that window. You hang out with your kind, and I’ll hang out with mine,” White Hawk turning around and walking out the school. The figure was waiting on him outside on the steps. 
“What was that,” said Jimmy in confusion. What did you guys do, we’ve been friends since we were babies,” said Jimmy. 
“Alright students settle down,” said Jimmy’s teacher. 
Jimmy put his head down on his desk and moaned. White Hawk was walking home, as he was walking he went past Jimmy’s house and went to his house and slammed the door. 
“Whoa, “toka he hwo” (what’s wrong)?” asked Running Water. 
“Those “wa sicha” (white men),” said White Hawk sitting down on the couch. 
“Takula nunwe” (what is it), was it those guys?” asked Running Water. 
“Victor and James and now Jimmy,” said White Hawk. 
“Sounds to me a fight gone wrong,” said Running Water. 
“I guess,” said White Hawk. 
“Hey dad,” said Big Ben walking in the house. 
“Son,” said Running Water. 
“Is Nuka home from school yet?” asked Big Ben. 
“Yes, he’s doing his homework,” said Running Water. 
“Sit down I’ve got some news,” said Big Ben. 
“Oh,” said Running Water. 
“Yeah, Nuka get down here?” asked Big Ben. 
“What is it?” asked Nuka running down the stairs.
“Okay, brother is coming down to visit,” said Big Ben with excitement. 
“Great, now I can show him my moves that I made up,” Nuka said about to jump off the couch and do a kick. 
“I don’t think so young man, sit down,” said Running Water. 
“Brother is coming that great,” said White Hawk in a calm voice. He settled down a little bit. 
Then there was a knock at the door. 
“Jimmy,” said Running Water. 
“Hi, I had no idea what he was talking about,” said Jimmy. 
“I know son, you guys let those men get to you both,” said Running Water. 
“I know,” said Jimmy. 
“White Hawk, its Jimmy,” said Running Water. 
White Hawk got up from the couch and was about to walk upstairs.
“No sir, you come here now,” said Running Water. 
“What do you want half-breed?” asked White Hawk. 
“I want my friend back, I don’t know what you’re talking about or whatever those guys told you is not true, you should know that, I am your friend, I would never do anything to hurt you,” said Jimmy. 
“Lies, it’s all lies, it’s in their blood, they don’t know any better,” said White Hawk in anger. 
“What does your heart tell you,” said Jimmy crying. 
“Are you crying, seriously all whites are wimps,” said White Hawk. 
“White Hawk quit,” said Big Ben. 
“It’s alright,” said Jimmy. 
“Good, now leave, you’re not welcomed here, I didn’t invite you,” said White Hawk pushing Jimmy of the steps. 
“Stop it White Hawk, don’t do that to him,” Angel went to go pick him up. 
“I am fine Angel,” said Jimmy dusting himself off. 
“Don’t help him, he is the enemy,” said White Hawk in anger. 
“This stops now, what is wrong with you, why are you acting like this all of a sudden?” asked Big Ben. 
“It’s in my blood as much as it is in the white eyes blood to treat us like dirt,” said White Hawk. 
“Is it in your blood to break up a good friendship,” said Big Ben. 
“Yes, I’ve taken all I wanted from the white eyes, no more, my warriors and I won’t take it anymore,” said White Hawk running upstairs and slamming the door. 
“Well this is good bye,” said Jimmy. 
“Jimmy wait,” said Angel. 
Jimmy kept walking towards his house. 


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw