Chapter 1 Head Covering/"WHY DON'T YOU"

Chapter 1 Head Covering/"WHY DON'T YOU"

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

A lot of Apostolic, Pentecostals are asked this? "WHY DONT YOU? OR WHY DO YOU?
And sometimes I wonder why they ask it? Maybe it's because they wonder why we don't do the things they do? Or why we do what the Bible tells us to do?
To a non-believer it can be very hard to understand why we do the things we do. I often get asked how I got my hair so long. And i say, "What is long hair to you"? They will say well long hair or I don't know. I said, "What is long hair? Its uncut hair that is what long hair is.
"WHY DONT YOU"
Ladies cut your hair?
1Corinthians 11:5-15
A. Her Power
B. Glory
C. Covering
D. Subjection
E. Angels.
In verse 13,14, and 15 says.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman has long hair; it is a glory to her: for her hair is given to her for a covering.
Same thing goes for men.
"WHY DONT YOU"
Men have long hair?
1 Corinthians 11:7-9,14.
Verse 7, and 9 says
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God. (Note: nobody really knows if Jesus has long hair, nobody knows, just because you have a picture of him on the wall, doesn't really mean that he looks like that. Nobody knows what He truly looks like).
7 but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
Talking about head coverings and length of hair, Paul is saying that believers should look and behave in ways that are honorable in their own culture.
In many cultures long hair on men is considered appropriate and masculine. In Corinth, it was thought to be a sign of male prostitution in the pagan temples. And women with short hair were labeled prostitutes.
Paul was saying that in the Corinthian culture, Christian women should keep their hair long. If short hair on women was a sign of prostitution, then a Christian woman with short hair would find it difficult to be a believable witness for Jesus Christ. Paul wasn't saying we should adopt all practices of our culture but that we should avoid appearances and behavior that detract from our ultimate goal of being witnesses for Jesus Christ.


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw