Suspension

Suspension

A Chapter by Emett
"

The principal’s doing her best to help, but it's hard to get through to Joey

"
I walked into the usually very well lit room. Mrs. Seno loved stuffed animals and the color blue, so the room had hints of it.
“ Hi Mrs. Seno, fancy seeing you here. How was your weekend?”, I like making small talk with Mrs. Seno. Only this time I’m greeted with a stern look. I decide to look around for Sally, that’s her friend’s name.
“ James, look at me. Why don’t you tell me the truth. Who really spat at the board?”, Mrs. Seno is so kind, and Sally is by her feet. I guess Sally was feeling cat like today.
“ Why Mrs. Seno, haven’t you heard? I’m a sociopath, a weirdo, of course I did it. Now that we are past this, how are you?”, I don’t want to talk about it and thankfully Mrs. Seno sighs and lets it go.
“I’m doing just fine. Oh and please tell your mother I loved her cookies, and that I’d love to have her recipe. Is Sally here and what does she look like today?” Mrs.Seno asked. She's always had an open mind, and she believes me. There's only a handful . Is Sally here by the way? If she is what does she look like today?” Mrs. Seno asked. She’s always had an open mind, and Mrs. Seno believes me. There’s only a handful of teachers that believe me, the rest just nod their heads or give me a look of pity or disgust.
“Well it looks like Sally is by your feet. Today she’s a Siamese cat with blue eyes, but she’s the size of a German Shepherd.” I say as I crack a smile at Sally. Sally just flicks her long tail at me. Mrs. Seno laughs a little and shakes her head. Mrs. Seno asked,
“So how’s Joey doing? Have you seen her lately?”
“ You know how Joey hates attention. I think she shrunk herself and most likely hid into my backpack.” I respond. I open up my backpack to check if Joey ran in. I see Joey curled up in a ball between my History and English notebook. Joey peaked on open at me, and unfurled herself to jump out of her little cavern. Today she chose her figure to be a chibi character of some sort of crossbreed of a cat and a fox. She gave a little bow to Sally, she then turned around and got on her knees.
“I’m very sorry for being such a burden, I wish I could help stop the bullying. I’ll do my best to help you in class.” Joey said with what looked like genuine sincerity, and I know Joey isn’t normally like this…, “JYANAI! Dude stop getting distracted in class. And you need to teach those brats a lesson!” Joey starts to lecture me for the third time today. I look at Mrs. Seno and tell her,
“ Joey seems to be doing just fine, she’s lecturing me about the lack of my bad behavior.” Mrs. Seno grins and says,
“ I completely agree. You have to stand up for yourself James. I can’t do anything if you don’t report them.”
“ Don’t worry about me, I’ll be just fine. Worse comes to worse I’ll switch class again.” I say nonchalantly, this isn’t the first time nor the last, “Besides, you have more to worry about. Isn’t there a PTA meeting today? And tomorrow is PTC Wednesday. You have more on your plate than just me.” Not to mention there’s a lot more I have to do other than dealing with a bunch of teenagers with no imagination.
“ So what’s my verdict Mrs.Seno? Guilty or innocent? And if guilty what are my charges?” I say making a joke of my so called punishment. I’m pretty sure the library has my hold ready and I could use some time out of this plagued school. Sally rose up slightly, just enough to make eye contact with me and added in,
“Look kid, you need to do something, try talking to those kids’ specials. They might be able to help. Since you can hear and see us they might listen to what you have to say. There’s something different about you.” Sally surprised me, and I know that she will only talk when she thinks it’s important. Before I could respond Mrs. Seno says, “ I’ll give you a two day out of school suspension. Unless you want to argue with what actually happened.” I stand there and think. I could try to make a difference in how I’m treated or I could just continue to ignore it. No matter how much I think about it I already know my answer.
“There’s nothing else I have to say Mrs.Seno, don’t worry about me. Thank you for your concern. Sally I’ll see if ‘their’ specials will help, thank you.” I say to reassure them as best as I can.
“If that’s what you really want James. But next time I expect you to defend yourself.” Mrs.Seno said with a stern voice. One that kind of reminds you of a caring grandma.
“Idiot! We can solve the problem now! Just report them! I can talk to their specials, you deal with the people!” Joey exclaims, she’s starting her fit again.
“Joey trust me, I know what I’m doing. I have a plan.” I tried to say confidently...but the look Joey gave me said it didn’t work, “Well let’s get going. We have work to do Joey.” Joey exclaimed with a,
“Like hell I do! I was in the middle of a good nap!”
Mrs.Seno with her excellent timing told me, “ I’ll see you in a few days.” She looked disappointed, but gave me a pass and excused me for the rest of the day. I don’t think I can ever perfectly explain what it feels like to walk out of the school, but when I’m inside it feels like I’m drowning in the darkest day. And when I trudge out it feels like I’m liberated by light.


© 2017 Emett


Author's Note

Emett
Hey, this one's longer because of dialogue. And by the way, none of these people are in real life, I just borrowe'd their names. Tell me if the dialogue is to messy. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on October 22, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017


Author

Emett
Emett

About
I write as more of a hobby, and I'm not all that good at organizing my thoughts, or grammar. I'll gladly accept criticism. more..

Writing
Tired Tired

A Poem by Emett


To the Principal To the Principal

A Chapter by Emett