Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours

She stood before the building admiring the decorations. Entering, she noticed that nobody was there except the librarian, who was skimming a newspaper article about his favorite soccer team.

"I want to return these books" she exclaimed, extracting the small pile of books from her back pack and placing them on the librarian's desk.

"Sure". He said taking them and checking the dates.

"I'll snoop around to find a good book to read over Christmas, ok?" Persephone asked.

"Knock yourself out. I'm closing the library in fifteen minutes. Until then be my guest. We wouldn't want to accidentally lock you in here, now wouldn't we?" he said with a smirk forming on his lips.

She ignored it and headed to one of the sections. As she strolled and checked the books' titles, she found herself standing before the basement's door....

Which was open...

She checked for any signs of the librarian and she carefully walked down the stairs. At the end of them was an old wooden door. Curiosity overwhelmed her and she turned the rusty door knob.

The door opened and she entered the room, surrounded by darkness. After a while her eyes got used to the absence of light and she managed to see the outline of various boxes. She took a step forward and she felt her foot colliding with something. She picked the object up and examined it, It turned out that it was a flashlight.

Switching it on she could see that other than a generous amount of boxes lying around there was nothing else to furniture the room. She headed to the far right corner of the room crouching in front of the biggest box. She touched the carton surface with her fingers. Dust. Persephone assumed that they haven't been opened for quite some time. Looking at the sides of the box, she could find nothing indicating what was inside it. Nothing except a phrase written in an unknown, to her, language with strange symbols as letters.

She carefully opened the package. Inside laid four large books with leather cover. She picked one up. It wasn't very heavy as she originally thought. On the cover the title of the book was engraved.

"Spades" she muttered.

Suddenly a loud crack was herd. Startled she did what she first thought. To get out of the place. Unconsciously she placed the book inside her back pack and climbed the stairs in a hurry. She walked with a quick pace until she reached the exit.

"Found nothing you'd like?" the librarian asked her.

She shook her head.

"Why is your face so pale? Perhaps you had an encounter with a ghost.." he said jokingly.

She glared at him.

"I mean this place is supposedly haunted after all..." he told her making his voice sound as mystical as he could.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm not five you know." She exclaimed in annoyance.

He laughed at her pouting tone.

"Well then, Ms. Grown-up lady, I suggest you leave before I lock you in so that you can find out for yourself whether ghosts exist or not..." he said, not taking her seriously.

Frustrated, Persephone left the library. Heading out from school's area she started walking back to her house, whistling random melodies.

She entered her residence, walked up the stairs and entered her room. She let her back pack slide off her shoulders. It fell on the wooden floor with a loud thud. Placing her left hand on the side of her head she let a small grunt escape. Why would she be having a head ache now?

She sat on her bed, feeling as if her brain was pounding her skull from the inside. She lied on her bed and closed her eyes, trying to relax.

A few minutes later a weird feeling of tiredness washed over her body and mind making her fall asleep.

It seemed like there was nothing. Everywhere she turned was darkness. Scared, she walked around blindly until she felt something like a door with her hands. As soon as she touched the door knob, a loud male voice echoed in her head.
"ThOU ShaLL NoT, thOU sHAll nOt, th....ou...sh..ll...no..t...."
Terrified she backed off and started running to the opposite direction. She herd a scream. It was hers as she started falling into the cold dark abyss....


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are acouple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Atermon_hours