Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Atermon_hours

"Fear, one of the easiest ways to manipulate a person...Don't you think?" The oh-so-familiar voice of the human closest to me spoke.

I raised my head my head from the book to meet a pair of hazel eyes that had a curious glimpse in them.

"What are you reading?" she asked me.

I uttered the title of the book and saw a hint of pain in her eyes.

"Still nothing?" I inquired softly.

"Nothing yet... I just can't hear it" She said, referring to the title of the book I have just uttered. "Well on which part are you?" she asked and sat cross-legged in front of me.

"The night after the Original found Spades..." I replied.

"That early? Wow it's been quite some time since then..." She said cracking a bitter smile as she recalled some random events from that period.

"So what did you do with the client?" I asked, changing the subject, as I knew that if some memories would reach the surface, things would become pretty nasty.

"Routine job...There's nothing fatal for our V. at the moment, but just to make sure, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning." she shrugged.

Do you want me to escort you there? It's quite a long journey." I volunteered.

She crouched and placed an arm around my shoulders.

"You know you can't. I have to travel incognito." she said while a sad expression started to form on her face.

I nodded.

"Go get some sleep, I'll take the next watch." I told her.
She stood up and headed to her blanket. She shifted around trying to find a comfortable position and closed her eyes. I knew she wasn't asleep, not just yet anyway.

I watched her for a while and then reopened the book, continuing my reading.


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are acouple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours