Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Atermon_hours

Persephone was sitting outside the E.R. waiting. She stayed there for about two hours when a doctor approached her.

"We managed to stabilize her but I'm afraid that her condition is serious, so she must remain here for quite some time." the doctor said.

"Is she going to be ok?" Persephone asked worried.

"We don't know yet, but since we managed to stabilize her she should be ok." The doctor answered.

"Thank God." she murmured.

"You should go home now. We'll inform you if anything happens." he said.

Persephone protested but agreed with the doctor shortly afterwards.

As she headed home she realized that it started to get dark. After all it was winter and the days were shorter. She reached her aunt's house, got into her room and started crying.

"Is she going to die?" she asked herself worried.

And then it hit her.

Her aunt was mortal and so was she. If her aunt wouldn't die today she could die tomorrow or in ten years. Nevertheless the outcome would be the same.

She contemplated on that morbid fact of life and wailed in despair.

Suddenly she felt the mattress beneath her shaking.

"What the-." she exclaimed and rolled out of bed.

It had stopped shaking.

"Perhaps it was an earthquake." she told herself and sat on the bed.

It started shaking again.

"What is going on? This can't be an earthquake..." she said as she noticed that nothing in her purple room was moving.

"It can't be..." she murmured as she stood up and removed the mattress from her bed.

Much to her surprise the book was shaking violently. Scared, she stepped away from it.She noticed that its movement was if it was trying to get out of there.

She stepped closer to it.

"Don't do it." a small voice inside her head told her.

She ignored it and she pushed her fear aside as she grabbed the book.

It immediately ceased to move and rested on her palms. Persephone took a big breath and opened the book.

Everything seemed to silence, even the cars outside.

She gazed at the words in the book. As she read them she became more and more puzzled so she decided to re-read them out loud:

Bounds broken,
spirits unleashed.
One of the fallen
shall be released.

Cry and whisper,
love and hate.
Speak and listen,
I call thy name:

Spades!
Spades!
Spades!

As she uttered the last word she waited, but nothing happened. Disappointed she closed the book and crawled back in her bed.

"I"m assuming you're the one that called me..." a deep male voice spoke.

She yelped in surprise and stood up fearing of what she was going to witness.


© 2010 Atermon_hours


Author's Note

Atermon_hours
English is not my native language so I know there are acouple of grammar and spelling issues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010


Author

Atermon_hours
Atermon_hours

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Greetings... My name is Lydia and I live in Greece. I enjoy reading and writing stories. I love poetry even though I'm not very good at it. I also enjoy sketching taking long walks and playing th.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Atermon_hours


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Atermon_hours