Chapter Three~The Triple Goddess

Chapter Three~The Triple Goddess

A Chapter by Brette Medb
"

The last part before it goes to modern times

"

    Sorrow continued to rule the world as darkness spread across the lands with none to contain it's vast powers. The Prince of Night rejoiced in his new throne and scorned the once mighty gods who met to destroy him; he knew he could not be destroyed. Over the course of time his powers had grown stronger, stronger than any god left for people still believed in the evils in the world. They saw and experienced them every day with plagues, diseased crops, anger and death and this made him immortal but in the end pride is the killer of all great kings.

    Hecate and her two sisters Selene and Artemis labored day and night to obtain a solution to the darkness that plagued the land but all hope seemed lost. Man had become selfish and cruel over the years forgetting what it meant to revere nature and the souls of man in life not just after death. Priests preached the salvation of the soul in the hereafter thus creating a hatred for the soul in the time of flesh and blood. To the Christians the souls of humans were impure from birth and could only be purged of ugliness at the gates of Heaven, nothing could change that now but Hecate refused to give up. As her sisters despaired she sought her cave in the Underworld where all the mysteries of the world were kept. Selene and Artemis would not follow into the Netherlands unless summoned by Hecate in the three days remaining.

    Hecate relished her descent into the Underworld feeling the true powers of night course through her veins once again. No evil could dwell in this place for in pure darkness exists understanding and wisdom. Alone once again with her thoughts she recounted the sins of man and the selfishness that had come to consume them. There would be no changing those who had fallen to the new religion but to save those who still believed was to be her priority for without them she could not hope to chain the Prince of Night to the darkness once more. She stood before her great cauldron in a flowing black gown, her raven hair caressing her milky white shoulders as she fought to create the perfect cure for mankind. For three days she labored endlessly at her cauldron of knowledge, stirring in herbs and her own very essence to the mixture giving what little magic she had left to her creation.

    The evening of the third day Hecate summoned her sister to her shadowy realm and told them of what she had created. Selene and Artemis looked within the cauldron and what they saw astounded even their godly minds. The perfect creations lay reflecting back at them, the only hope for mankind. Hecate handed each of her sisters an athame with different animals embossed on the hilt; a bear for Artemis, a snake for Selene and a dog for Hecate. Holding their hands over the cauldron they sliced their palms pouring the very blood of the gods into the mixture thus adding the final component.

    As the third day came to a close Zeus summoned the three sisters to his home on Mount Olympus and demanded they either show him a way to save the humans from eternal damnation or to agree with the other gods and destroy all living beings on earth. Hecate stood before Zeus and addressed all the gods before her.

    "Dark times have fallen upon us and the age of the gods is almost over. Man has descended into an age of evil and corruption as we fade into the ever looming Western Lands. We shall exist for all eternity but the time of our ruling is almost at a close. You, my brothers and sisters, have decided to band together and destroy our only life line in order to save the world from destruction, yet my sisters and I have found an alternative to death. There are those in this world, though they may be few, who still believe in our power and greatness and worship us still. Using the last of our magic my sisters and I have created three beings to restore the world to order and balance. Each of these beings are goddesses in their own right for they are born of our blood and magic. Each represents a phase of the balance of life, death and rebirth and each is bestowed with her own power. We will send them to earth to bring order out of chaos and light back into darkness. Our days of glory may be over but theirs shall just be beginning."

    With a flick of her wrist three beautiful women appeared beside her glowing with an unearthly light. The tallest and most beautiful of the three stood next to Hecate with raven black tresses and pale milky skin and swirling emerald green eyes. Beside Selene stood a young woman with chestnut brown hair, tan skin and piercing soil black eyes. The last of the three stood next to the youngest sister Artemis with flowing blonde locks and startling ice blue eyes.

    "These young women shall be sent to earth to use their powers for the forces of good and only they will have the power to destroy the followers of darkness. When they have completed the tasks set before them they shall die and be reborn into a later generation where their powers are once again needed, thus perpetually saving the human race from destruction."

    The gods stared at the beautiful goddesses before them in disbelief, no god or goddess had ever attempted to create a child of their own blood. Zeus nodded at the sisters and beckoned the three young women closer.

    "And what shall these young women be called?"
A smile of knowing crept across Hecate's wisoned features.

    "I see in the future many generations of these women and they shall be known by many names. But to us they shall be known as the Triple Goddess."



© 2008 Brette Medb


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You always leave my imagination just so stirred that I found it hard to focus on anything else for a while until I le your story fall into place into my mind. You allure me in so much deeper just wanting to know more and more of the story itself. You have a true gift at writing and i am so glad that you use it the way you do.


Well Done!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

nicely done!... the triple goddesses should be a maiden, a mother, and a crone yet i like how you created them out of the blood of their mothers and becasue they are made out of the sisters of fate they share the tripleness. well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is awesome. You have me drawn into this story with your descriptions. I'm curious for sure! I like the idea of night being the place of wisdom. I've never thought of it that way ... I'm terrified of the dark still. Nice writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


You always leave my imagination just so stirred that I found it hard to focus on anything else for a while until I le your story fall into place into my mind. You allure me in so much deeper just wanting to know more and more of the story itself. You have a true gift at writing and i am so glad that you use it the way you do.


Well Done!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, that was unexpected and very much welcomed! i like how the women we're made out of the blood of the gods instead of just choosing mortals who already existed. way to go brette! i love your style of writin

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow, that was unexpected and very much welcomed! i like how the women we're made out of the blood of the gods instead of just choosing mortals who already existed. way to go brette! i love your style of writin

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2008


Author

Brette Medb
Brette Medb

BOSTON



About
So many things have changed and I'm just trying to catch my bearings. All I want is to start writing again and not lose myself to all this change. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Brette Medb



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..